Gender?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dub

The Fly
In the profiles area it askes many questions eg. birthdate etc but not gender, I realize some people (especially females) may be reluctant to divulge this, but sometimes knowing someone's gender can help you better understand where they're coming from. Just a thought....

LOL!! :D I was thinking about that too! Sometimes I want to say something to another member but I don't know if I should use he or she. That usually get me in troble because most of the user names aren't helpful enough in situations like this. :huh: So I think adding gender would be a good idea. Maybe if someone don't want to show their gender may choose 'unspecified' or something like that??

LMAO ...

"Unspecified" gender ... :eeklaugh:

I know what you mean though about someone not wanting to specify a gender (ie for safety reasons)

Please put a space for gender on the profiles. It would've saved me a lot of trouble a few weeks ago..... ;)

In all seriousness, I agree. I don't know whether a lot of posters are male or female, so I never know how to refer to them without typing their username over and over again.

Salome said:
just refer to them as "it"

Hehehehehe:lol:

Yeah, it would be a good idea to put gender on there[cause it sucks that its not there because ALOT of people think I am a boy for some reason lol.]

I have had that gender thing mixed up on some occations (not all usernames are necessary revealing too!)- usually i wait till i can figure out from the context of the answer their gender (like in this thread - i thought BrattyIrishPunk was a guy - why i'll never know LOL)...

U2girl said:
I have had that gender thing mixed up on some occations (not all usernames are necessary revealing too!)- usually i wait till i can figure out from the context of the answer their gender (like in this thread - i thought BrattyIrishPunk was a guy - why i'll never know LOL)...

hehehehehe

elevatedmole said:
Gender would be a good idea.. I usually can figure it out but sometimes it just stumps me :p

I am the same! I do think that if a person doesnt want to answer they shouldnt have to but for the rest of us it would be nice to know what the genders of the people around are.

I tink if ppl want to divulge what gender they are they will :up: I think having too much info on your profile is a bad ting imo- some ppl do like to have some privacy :up:

I think this gender thing is a good idea. People should have the option to choose male, female, or leave the option blank. I think it would be helpful- sometimes I wish I would've picked a name that showed my gender. I'd like people to know that I'm female! :)

Giant Lemon said:
I think this gender thing is a good idea. People should have the option to choose male, female, or leave the option blank. I think it would be helpful- sometimes I wish I would've picked a name that showed my gender. I'd like people to know that I'm female! :)

Ditto.. people always think I'm a guy. :huh: :scream:

we should have a poll on this issue. Same with other ideas on this board. We should also have votes every once in a while for a new mod. People could campaign, make speeches.
Vote YES for a democratic Interference!

I don't think a democratic Interference would be good. There are too many weird people here.

*munches cookies and hops back onto my pink bunny* To the grocery store, Pintie, and make it snap-pay!!!!!!!!!!!

talk about having a confusing name and being mistaken for a guy
<---- right here, lol

I wasn't even thinking about gender when I chose my name, only that ABEL were the initials of Adam Bono Edge and Larry. I can't tell you how many times I've been mistaken for a guy, but this mostly happens in chat, not that much of a problem here on the forum.

While sometimes I'd like people to know I'm a female, sometimes there are creeps around and I'd rather them not know. But I guess they could just as easily find that out by looking at my profile pic :D

I think it might be a good idea for a gender option, but I think if we were to have one, it should include a choice for female, male or blank (or maybe a choice for other :eeklaugh: ) so that those who didn't want to include that information didn't have to.

no ive changed my mind- we really need to know about gender i keep on thinking that ppl are girls when they arent and vice versa....i have done it twice today its getting embarrassing :eek:

Back
Top Bottom