Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quick question. When I clicked on my app last night and today, it's just a black screen. Do I need to delete the app and reinstall? (iPhone)

Yes please. Uninstall the app, then update your phone's OS (if needed) and cycle your phone off and then on again. Then reinstall the app. :up:

Hey Janet, thanks for your (team's?) work.

In the iphone app, sentences that are spoiler tagged still appear in the forum preview of each thread. Is there some way of fixing this? Kind of makes using the mobile app a landmine when reading the TV/Movies forum...

Hello, is anyone else's android app crashing at startup?

I'm not sure if it's the app or because I just installed inverted Google apps on my phone.

Yes, mine has crashed today as well. There was an update for it this morning, and once I installed that it stopped working.

Same. Crashes every time I open it.

I just started using the app again, too. Back to mobile browser.

Android app won't open

Hi,

I've been happily using the Android app for several months with no dramas (on a Galaxy S2), but I got the update today and now it refuses to open. I tap on the shortcut and immediately get a message saying "This application just crashed, but a report has been sent to the developers to help fix the issue. You can disable error reporting in the application settings."

This is the first time I've had any app be completely broken like this; I updated a few other apps this morning and they're all working fine. Thought I'd see if there was a known bug before I left a scathing review. :wink:

Crashes every time I open it on either my tablet or phone since the update.

Big giant boo to this.

Yup. I agree. The latest release of the app has several issues and we've passed them along to the developer (forum runner) and are waiting for new, new updates. Some work arounds in the meantime may help:

Andriod - try uninstall, reboot (power down device) and reinstall app.
Ipad - launch app with device help in portrait orientation.

Sorry about this folks....

Ok, I did

Andriod -

1. try uninstall,

2. reboot (power down device) and

3. reinstall app.

>>>>>>>>>>>> works fine, thanks :up:

the app that was just put out a couple days ago has been doing the same thing (crashing every time on loading) ever since i installed the update. why did i even try downloading the update? why was one even put out if it's not going to work? i shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall the app every other month.

For me, there's a *SPOILER* for the Android app. It would be really nice to have some way to tap on it to open it up instead of having to open up the browser to see it. Just using this opportunity to throw that out there too... :reject:

OK folks several things about the app:

1. The last release for Ipad has a bug and works better if launched with the device in portrait orientation.

2. The mobile app is intended for easy fast viewing and so many forum features that are custom coded aren't included. This keeps the app light and load speeds up. The spoiler is one of the features that doesn't work with the app and that prolly won't change.

3. If you are having trouble still with crashes, please uninstall the app, cycle your phone off (to clear cache) and reload the app.

We know it's not perfect and are working with the developer to resolve known issues so thanks for your patience.

not all features work right in portrait mode on the ipad. I have to flip between that and landscape it's very ANNOYING!

so until things improve I'm gonna stick with the desktop version. :huh:

1. The last release for Ipad has a bug and works better if launched with the device in portrait orientation.

2. The mobile app is intended for easy fast viewing and so many forum features that are custom coded aren't included. This keeps the app light and load speeds up. The spoiler is one of the features that doesn't work with the app and that prolly won't change.

3. If you are having trouble still with crashes, please uninstall the app, cycle your phone off (to clear cache) and reload the app.

We know it's not perfect and are working with the developer to resolve known issues so thanks for your patience.

Thank you!

I am fine with the spoilers not working in the app (it sucks, but I understand the reasoning), what I'm asking for here is PLEASE do something about Spoilers showing up as text on the recent posts page.

Thanks for offering an app. It works almost perfect for me on my end.

Here's a minor little issue with the app: if someone posts a link to another post or thread, and I try to navigate to that post or thread it opens up in a new Safari browser window, not in the app.

Shouldn't there be some sort of mechanism that determines where a linked user is coming in from, and if its from the iPhone app, redirect that user to the appropriate link in the app?

Not sure, but this might need to be something embedded in the header of the main Interference site?

I agree I would prefer forum links at least being able to stay in the app when clicked, not redirect to the web version.

Back
Top Bottom