Error message

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meegannie

Blue Crack Addict
I've been getting this error message all day today:

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /web/htdocs/interference/wwwroot/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

This problem is fixed...
but we had another... and we were offline for 3 hours. more on this later.... after some sleep. :|

i wasn't sure where to post this, but i just wanted to let you guys know about it. when i went to reply a second ago elsewhere on the forum, that "newreply" page that popped up showed gibberish! my reply posted just fine, but i thought i'd let you guys know in case there's a problem with the page or something. i took a pic of it since i wasn't sure how it would paste. :)

EDIT: it also showed up when i posted this, too.

Attachments

• eek.gif
    eek.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 37
ewwwwwww yukkkkyyyy

KhanadaRhodes said:
i wasn't sure where to post this, but i just wanted to let you guys know about it. when i went to reply a second ago elsewhere on the forum, that "newreply" page that popped up showed gibberish! my reply posted just fine, but i thought i'd let you guys know in case there's a problem with the page or something. i took a pic of it since i wasn't sure how it would paste. :)

EDIT: it also showed up when i posted this, too.

Uh... freak of web nature
not you....
just what happened.

Re: ewwwwwww yukkkkyyyy

Elvis said:

Uh... freak of web nature
not you....
just what happened.

I'm replying to myself....
let me know if/when/where that happens again....
the forum web server is now using a method of compression to increase speed (loading pages) .... that your web browser MAY have choked on randomly.... or.. it could just be a freak of web nature.

Back
Top Bottom