Dying forums...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian Gray

Refugee
This is just an idea... I dont know what everyone would think.

The EYKIW forum seems to be quite stagnant these days... I realize that this is likely due to the fact that there's not alot happening in terms of U2 releases/tours but it just seems unneccesarily dead.

What about combining certain forums? Maybe EYKIW could be joined with It's A Musical Journey, Every Artist Is a Cannibal..., and The Goal is Soul or something. There doesn't seem to be much happening in those forums either, maybe a little condensing of this board could help spark some new discussions and rejuvinate interest. :yes:

Anyway, it's time for bed. I can't believe I spent my time posting this instead of cramming for my final tomorrow... :der:

I don't know if stagnation calls for merging of forums.. I think things are just fine to sit. New info will come out sooner than we think, I believe.. and people are always welcome to discuss in the U2News forum.

Personally I think it wouldn't be such a great idea to merge those forums. Personally I don't read EYKIW so much, but I do enjoy reading GIS, Every Artist is a Cannibal, etc. I think the posts in those forums would just get lost if they were merged into EYKIW and that'd be sad for people who specifically want to read the posts from those forums.

Just my opinion, I'm sure plenty disagree. :)

things in U2 land are stagnant because there's no new album, no new single, and not very much news on either.

so now these forums are kinda dull, but then when it gets closer to release dates, the forums will pick up. while it may make sense right now to merge or delete the forums, when it picks up then EYKIW will be flooded with news, and a thread about religious overtones in the new album will be thrown off page one almost immediately.

but ultimately, it's up to sicy and elvis, and if they ever do decide (now or in the future) to merge anything, then well, cool.

At the moment we wont be merging any of these forums. It is true there is a lull in U2 happenings right now. I'm sure the forums will pick up when a new album is released.

Thank you for your suggestion, however, it may be considered in the future if U2 decides to call it quits ;)

Sicy :)

I don't think it's necessary to kill the less-travelled forums. They're still useful for some people.

Melon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom