Double posts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GracelandHarley

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Several of us have had problems today with double postings when making a new post. It doesn't happen when replying to another post, or editing a post.

Anyone else experiencing this?

We're upgrading the forum software tonight, maybe this will fix the problem.

We're upgrading the forum software tonight, maybe this will fix the problem.

Nope, it didn't help. My first post since then was a double. And I've noticed it happening to people all over the forum, I'm sure it's not just me at this point.

:uhoh::shrug:

Any new ideas as to why?

One interesting note: if I reply to or quote a thread, it doesn't usually double post. It's just the new replies where it is consistent. :hmm:

Hey, I am going to need to get the server admins to investigate this issue. Can you all do me a favor and post to this thread with links to both of the double posts. That way I can give them these examples and hopefully get this resolved ASAP.

The link that I need are the ones to the individual posts (see attachment). I need to get one for each of the duplicate posts.

Thanks for your help gathering some examples so I can get this fixed.

Attachments

• link.gif
    link.gif
    6.2 KB · Views: 59
I don't think that one could be a double post, the posts are 2 minutes apart. :der:

I don't think that one could be a double post, the posts are 2 minutes apart. :der:

Nope, I posted that message just once. I don't know why the time shows two minutes apart, because the two postings appeared as soon as I posted the first.

I have a theory, Sicy. Can you ask around to and see if those that are experiencing the double posts are using Firefox? I'll do the same with those that I know are having problems.

I have had other issues with some websites, including Photobucket, within the same time frame as the double-postings onset, and their help desk suggested that the problems I was experiencing with them (not double posts, but pages that wouldn't load, etc.) might be an issue with Firefox and Adobe Flash 10, which is the most recent version. They even suggested uninstalling Adobe 10, and installing 9 again to see if that fixed the problem. I haven't done it yet, because I am going to have to find version 9 first!

ha, i just noticed this thread and the first person i thought of was ravenblue. i think 90% of her posts have been double posts :lol:

it's happened to me a handful of times when i'm uploading something. my dsl will make loading webpages excruciatingly slow, and if i post when uploading a file, sometimes i'll double post. but the slowness of loading anything is enough to deter me from posting then anyway.

I don't think it has anything do do with the browser. I've never had a double post and I use Firefox.

Hopefully Andy will be able to get this fixed with the information we've provided him.

I upgraded to Firefox 3.0 this past weekend (I kind of forgot that I had yet to do so), and since then... no double posts whatsoever!!

I really think the problem lies in the updated versio9ns of Adobe Flash and/or other programs, and Firefox... though I'm thinking now that the latest versions of the other programs combined with the older Firefox version is the real culprit that has caused me such problems in the last month or so!

Back
Top Bottom