Could we split Free Your Mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtung Bubba

Refugee
I've noticed that the Lemonade Stand has been recently split into a main forum, a forum devoted to other bands, and a forum devoted to sports.

Likewise, PLEBA has been split to create forums for fan fiction, band sightings, and personal threads.

I believe that Free Your Mind could also be split into at least two forums: one devoted to politics, one devoted to religion.

Taking a cue from "New York," we could name the religious and political threads, "Religious Nuts" and "Political Fanatics," respectively. :)

If one looks at the recent lifespan of FYM, one can easily see that there are a LOT of threads for both topics, and MOST of the threads fall cleanly into one category or the other.

Breaking the forum into two groups seems like a logical extension of what has already occured in other parts of the forum - and a reasonable way to organize FYM.

I must be completely honest about my intentions: I am currently banned from FYM - for reasons that deal primarily with the political threads. Such a split could allow me to access the religion threads while remain banned from the political threads: it still would accomplish what the mods want (to keep me from engaging in political arguments) while allowing me to do what I want (discuss religion in general and Christianity specifically).

If FYM were split, I would request being allowed to read and post within the religion forum.

Admin, moderators, FYMers: any thoughts?

Bubba

What kinds of threads would be left for the remainder of fym?

Personally, I believe you engage in heated discussions in fym no matter if its religious or political.

Well, if FYM is solely discussions about politics and religion, my suggestion would be to still separate the two: have Free Your Mind devoted to one, and another forum devoted to the other.

We already have "The Goal is Soul," devoted to U2's faith and intended to NOT be a "a platform for debates on religion." Why not a platform solely for such debates?

Either way, I admit that I am passionate about both politics and religion, and that I have written lengthy posts in discussions about both. I further plead "no contest" to the charge that my political posts have occasionally degenerated into bouts of name-calling (posts for which I have often apologized - a fact that should not be ignored).

But I believe the record of my posts will clearly show NO such anger within the threads about religion. My behavior has not been anywhere NEAR as objectionable in the religion posts as they have been in the political posts.

(I welcome any proof to the contrary.)

If FYM did get separated, I would thus ask for access for the religion forum; such access will most likely NOT lead to objectionable posts.

Bubba

Last edited:
Free Your Mind will NOT be split in two at this time.

"This is an off-topic forum. Discuss politics, spirituality, religion, world events. "

It does not have enough new threads or posts to warrant a split currently.

By the way. This thread was started in the WRONG forum ;)

Joel

Thanks for the quick reply - though I disagree that there aren't enough threads to justify a split, particularly compared to "Put 'Em Under Pressure" and other split forums.

(And sorry for putting this in the wrong forum.)

Bubba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom