Chat & Games Forum Guidelines?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pattip2000 said:
Angela Harlem- not that I look at stats :shifty: but why does it say your registered in Dec 1969? how did that happen?

She's special.. :sexywink:

What does it matter if some people post whore?

Really. What does it matter?

Does it hurt anyone else?

I just don't get why people care about other peoples postcounts.

I definitely agree with Angela in theory, but I don't see anyway to put it in practice without causing lots of problems. Not all game threads are currently in that forum, so you'd have the problem of some games counting post counts, and others not. Plus I think it would just lead to endless bitching.

And really, if people want to postwhore they will find a way to postwhore. We could get a wave of people just replying to threads with only similie responses and whatnot (not that we already don't have some people doing that :shifty: ).

I just think it's kind of sad some people put so much importance on post counts, thinking a higher post count makes them cooler or better or something :huh: Frankly I'd like to see post counts removed altogether in order to emphasize quality rather than quantity. Yet I know this is unrealistic as every messageboard has the post count feature, and many people enjoy it.

Though it sure would be fun to see if anybody would actually post in all these "Name game" threads anymore if they didn't up the post counts.

indra said:
I just don't get why people care about other peoples postcounts.
how about posting under an alter? i don't get that.

it's amazing what people can attach importance to on a silly little message board, isn't it?

Chizip said:
Frankly I'd like to see post counts removed altogether in order to emphasize quality rather than quantity.
grumpydrool.gif

i wouldn't go so far as to remove the post count altogether, but maybe remove it from the box to the left of our names. possibly even remove the top 50 or whatever posters link?

this way the post count will be viewable in your profile but just that. i've seen people turn to posting nonsense in threads to get to the next level (new yorker, rock n roll doggie, etc.) or to, say, 5000 posts. i've been guilty of this in the past too.

i personally don't care one way or the other, but this is my suggestion if we were to do something along this route.

Leave the post counts as-is. I don't know of any forum that doesn't have them, and most people, I think, like seeing it--even if most of us will never have 40,000 posts. :wink:

Now that there's a separate forum for all these chat/game threads, I have nothing more to complain about here.

Melon

Back
Top Bottom