Changing subdomain names (Sunday Oct. 5)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy R

Forum Administrator
Hey everyone, I just wanted to post an update about an upcoming change. This Sunday evening we will be changing the subdomain the forums are accessed on from forum.interference.com to u2.interference.com. All the old links will still work and be directed to the new subdomain.

There are a few reasons this is being done but the primary reason is for Search Engine Optimization. If you search Google for "U2" you will notice that every site in the Top 10 has U2 in the URL. By moving from forum to U2 we will also have "U2" in the URL and this should help us rank higher in the long run. Once this change is made we will be rolling out some other small changes based on your feedback.

So really don't have to change anything, all the old links will work but this is just a heads up that we are making some small adjustments.

Speaking of this, I'm not all that tech-savvy, so perhaps you could explain something for me. Many months back, perhaps even a year ago, when I used to google "u2" this forum did make it onto the first page of hits. Heck, it's how I originally found the site. But it doesn't anymore. Nothings really changed....that I know of. Do other sites just get more hits now than we do? Or is it based on something else?

Just curious. :)

There probably are more sites these days, since the internet has grown to extreme proportions in only a few years!

Thanks for letting us know Andy!

I just wanted to let you know that we are now running on the new subdomain. A few more tweaks will be made in the coming weeks and then the new U2 portal will be rolled out. Thanks for your patience while we keep taking steps to a better Interference.

Most of the problems I noticed right afterwards seem to be fixed now, although some posters' avatars still aren't showing.

Yeah I'm letting Andy know about the avatars. If there's anything else post it here so he can try to address them.

I came here to bitch about my avatar being gone, but I see it is already under investigation.

Carry on, and thank you. ;)

I have submitted a ticket to the server admins to address the avatar issues. They should be back shortly...

The avatar issue should be fixed now also. Please report any other issues here.

My sig and avatar aren't working right. They both appeared fine until I changed them a few minutes ago. Now neither of them wants to appear, or one will appear but the other won't.

ok, what is going on with custom Avatars on this site?

I loaded a new one today and it keeps disappearing... I even tried pointing it to my photobucket account...

George is getting upset! :angry:

ETA: see... now that I posted this complaint it's back :tsk:

In the place of Elfa's avatar, I saw a link that said this: elevated_u2_fan's avatar.

I clicked on the link and it brought me to his profile. When I came back to this page, his custom avatar was back.

Yeah they seem to be appearing and disappearing, not sure what the problem is. Hopefully Andy will get back to me soon.

sheesh, now you're just whining man :|

Either way, aren't you supposed to work at work instead of looking at a U2 forum?

What was going on today with the forum btw? Around :hmm: I think it was around 7 hours ago or so that there was a major hiccup. For none of us the pages would load or take a lot of time, then after a few minutes it was all back to normal.

ok, every time i type FORUM dot INTERFERENCE dot COM it automaticly switches it to U2 dot INTERFERENCE dot COM.

so to make things crystal clear... i never got questioned when it was just FORUM. when it became U2, now i got asked why i'm looking at u2 stuff all day.

so again... thanks.
i typed forum in my post, not u2...guess there's a filter in place or something :shrug: no need to be so snippy.

Just reporting in that my sig disappeared after I attempted to change it. It was fine before that. Just wondering if that information helps yall or not

Back
Top Bottom