Change DUE from Admin/Mods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LastEdgeOnEarth

The Fly
(If this thread is closed promptly, I will know where the Admininstrator/mods stand and I will take proper action).

I hope I've posted this in the proper section.

I’ve been a casual member of this mb since 2005. I typically only post during album or tour years. Yet I seem to have a following. There are a select few who find pleasure in trolling and sabotaging my posts. Maybe casual posters aren’t welcome to those who “live” here. They make it their business to sabotage my occasional threads, thus co-ercing the mods to take notice and either move the thread or close it altogether, regardless of the positive reactions or relevance. I have never seen such a dictatorial mb environment. The mods here close threads left and right. It’s an abuse of censorship. I’ve always believed “if you don’t like it, turn it off”. I have B.S. in Communication/Broadcasting, and I am very sensitive to the subject of unfair censorship. Being a former radio jock, I’ve had to deal with dictators trying to regulate every breath you breathe.
Now I’ll admit, I’ve posted some dud’s on this mb. But for the most part, I feel I try to strike up good, fun, and informative conversation with my threads, that debate U2 and other bands. I’ve learned to be careful when posting about “other” bands. Though I shouldn’t have to be. But that’s how shallow some members of this board can be.

Here was the result of my last post, along with a 2 week vacation...

"Sorry, but I agree with elfa. This poster insists on starting new thread after new thread, when the topics can go into a number of existing threads, and then is rude to the mods via pm when we ask him to stop.

The mods and myself have been working very hard to keep this forum organized and when members constantly don't read and just come in here and post their topics its VERY frustrating I'm sure for members as well.

And seeing how this thread is now a trainwreck, LEOE please repost your thoughts in one of the above threads, and don't bitch about it. Thanks."

Sicy closed my last thread with this classless, mis-leading, inaccurate, barrage of untruths. My threads are sabotaged by "idiotic" posters who harrass me(despite others, who pop up to defend me). I've had enough of being thrown under the bus by coniving trolls and dictatorial mods who can't see past lies and harrasment of the losers around here who harass casual posters such as myself endlessly.

If you would like to do something about this...PM ME.
My last thread was closed for reasons I still don’t get. Just because it had the letters “NLOTH” in the title I guess. But what I was trying to do was ignite a discussion about U2’s knack for mis-leading the public prior to single or album release’s in regard to their “sound”. Could I have struck up this conversation in an existing thread? Yeah I guess. But why should I have to? Why would I want too? I don’t like to do that for 2 reasons.
1- It just gets BURIED under 15-20 pages of prior posts.
2- I’m just an “occasional” poster, with little time to wait around for answers or conversation. I don’t see the sense in posing a question or debate on page 23 of an existing thread, when I’m only going to be on the computer for a few minutes on downtime at work. By the time someone comes to my post, after sifting through 22 prior pages, it’ll be time for me log off and get back to work. And then I’m frustrated for a week or a MONTH until I can get back on to check. I’m left with nothing when that happens because maybe 1 to NONE ever even saw my post.
If I want to start a conversation about something “new” and “fresh” without it being lost on pg. 23, I should be allowed that right.

I started some threads about the band Rush a few months ago. I kept coming up with different topics altogether dealing with Rush. But mods insisted they all go in one COLLOSAL Rush thread. Why? If it’s a fresh idea, related to Rush or not, why can't it find a life of it's own without being buried deep in the gallows of an existing thread? How can I have good conversation with (mature) people if they already gave up sifting on page 23, and my post don't show up until page 24?

So this post is me taking action. The administrator(s) have 1 of one 2 choices. They can either take action themselves and "CHANGE" the culture here and improve the mood around here OR, they can dig in and stay mired in this communistic, censor-ridden climate. If they choose the latter, I am going to take serious action. They're are people in cyberspace who can help me. Help "US". If you wish to be apart of my "movement" should events lead me to that, by all means feel free to pm me. I will do everything in my power to see to it that the behavior of the powers that be on this board is exposed and that change is made. Change, so that casual posters such as myself are treated fairly and respectfully. The oppressive censorship, favoritism, and harrasment that exists here needs to END. I will make an example of of this mb by seeking help through the proper channels and bringing it's duplicity to light. The unfair practices that exist here will be exposed.
The administrator here informed me in a rather crass tone( I felt) that basically I had to “deal with it”. This person said we are not “corporate”. That buck starts and stops with her/him. Fine. But that doesn’t make it right, Sicy. The mods here seem blind to conniving trollers and blind to their own oppressive censorship practices. Well make no mistake, your oppressive rule, should it continue, will be brought to light and dealt with swiftly and justly.
The administrator and his/her yes-men will not strong-arm me into keeping my mouth shut on this matter. It’s called “FREEDOM OF SPEECH”. I will no longer be a silent drone to this oppression and tyrannical censorship.
How much longer should these mods be allowed to force their hand and rule us with an iron fist(mouse). They misunderstand their authority it seems. They are here to mediate. Not dictate. It’s a profound abuse of power.

You know, I actually agreed with a few of the things you said in here. but then ...

If they choose the latter, I am going to take serious action. They're are people in cyberspace who can help me. Well make no mistake, your oppressive rule, should it continue, will be brought to light and dealt with swiftly and justly. .....

The administrator and his/her yes-men will not strong-arm me into keeping my mouth shut on this matter. It’s called “FREEDOM OF SPEECH”. I will no longer be a silent drone to this oppression and tyrannical censorship.
How much longer should these mods be allowed to force their hand and rule us with an iron fist(mouse). They misunderstand their authority it seems. They are here to mediate. Not dictate. It’s a profound abuse of power.

Is that some sort of threat? That is seriously bizarre. "Dealth with swiftly and justly?" By whom?

This is a privately owned and run message board. I can certainly understand why you're frustrated by the way things go here, but you are kidding yourself if you think the government (or any other entity) offers some sort of rights to you on a privately run internet site.

You know, I actually agreed with a few of the things you said in here. but then ...

Is that some sort of threat? That is seriously bizarre. "Dealth with swiftly and justly?" By whom?

This is a privately owned and run message board. I can certainly understand why you're frustrated by the way things go here, but you are kidding yourself if you think the government (or any other entity) offers some sort of rights to you on a privately run internet site.

I know people. And if that doesn't work, then those with me on this can start a MOVEMENT with me. I know obtaining support will be easy.

And I though this was going to be a boring day. :)

(If this thread is closed promptly, I will know where the Admininstrator/mods stand and I will take proper action).

I hope I've posted this in the proper section.

I’ve been a casual member of this mb since 2005. I typically only post during album or tour years. Yet I seem to have a following. There are a select few who find pleasure in trolling and sabotaging my posts. Maybe casual posters aren’t welcome to those who “live” here. They make it their business to sabotage my occasional threads, thus co-ercing the mods to take notice and either move the thread or close it altogether, regardless of the positive reactions or relevance. I have never seen such a dictatorial mb environment. The mods here close threads left and right. It’s an abuse of censorship. I’ve always believed “if you don’t like it, turn it off”. I have B.S. in Communication/Broadcasting, and I am very sensitive to the subject of unfair censorship. Being a former radio jock, I’ve had to deal with dictators trying to regulate every breath you breathe.
Now I’ll admit, I’ve posted some dud’s on this mb. But for the most part, I feel I try to strike up good, fun, and informative conversation with my threads, that debate U2 and other bands. I’ve learned to be careful when posting about “other” bands. Though I shouldn’t have to be. But that’s how shallow some members of this board can be.

Here was the result of my last post, along with a 2 week vacation...

"Sorry, but I agree with elfa. This poster insists on starting new thread after new thread, when the topics can go into a number of existing threads, and then is rude to the mods via pm when we ask him to stop.

The mods and myself have been working very hard to keep this forum organized and when members constantly don't read and just come in here and post their topics its VERY frustrating I'm sure for members as well.

And seeing how this thread is now a trainwreck, LEOE please repost your thoughts in one of the above threads, and don't bitch about it. Thanks."

Sicy closed my last thread with this classless, mis-leading, inaccurate, barrage of untruths. My threads are sabotaged by "idiotic" posters who harrass me(despite others, who pop up to defend me). I've had enough of being thrown under the bus by coniving trolls and dictatorial mods who can't see past lies and harrasment of the losers around here who harass casual posters such as myself endlessly.

If you would like to do something about this...PM ME.
My last thread was closed for reasons I still don’t get. Just because it had the letters “NLOTH” in the title I guess. But what I was trying to do was ignite a discussion about U2’s knack for mis-leading the public prior to single or album release’s in regard to their “sound”. Could I have struck up this conversation in an existing thread? Yeah I guess. But why should I have to? Why would I want too? I don’t like to do that for 2 reasons.
1- It just gets BURIED under 15-20 pages of prior posts.
2- I’m just an “occasional” poster, with little time to wait around for answers or conversation. I don’t see the sense in posing a question or debate on page 23 of an existing thread, when I’m only going to be on the computer for a few minutes on downtime at work. By the time someone comes to my post, after sifting through 22 prior pages, it’ll be time for me log off and get back to work. And then I’m frustrated for a week or a MONTH until I can get back on to check. I’m left with nothing when that happens because maybe 1 to NONE ever even saw my post.
If I want to start a conversation about something “new” and “fresh” without it being lost on pg. 23, I should be allowed that right.

I started some threads about the band Rush a few months ago. I kept coming up with different topics altogether dealing with Rush. But mods insisted they all go in one COLLOSAL Rush thread. Why? If it’s a fresh idea, related to Rush or not, why can't it find a life of it's own without being buried deep in the gallows of an existing thread? How can I have good conversation with (mature) people if they already gave up sifting on page 23, and my post don't show up until page 24?

So this post is me taking action. The administrator(s) have 1 of one 2 choices. They can either take action themselves and "CHANGE" the culture here and improve the mood around here OR, they can dig in and stay mired in this communistic, censor-ridden climate. If they choose the latter, I am going to take serious action. They're are people in cyberspace who can help me. Help "US". If you wish to be apart of my "movement" should events lead me to that, by all means feel free to pm me. I will do everything in my power to see to it that the behavior of the powers that be on this board is exposed and that change is made. Change, so that casual posters such as myself are treated fairly and respectfully. The oppressive censorship, favoritism, and harrasment that exists here needs to END. I will make an example of of this mb by seeking help through the proper channels and bringing it's duplicity to light. The unfair practices that exist here will be exposed.
The administrator here informed me in a rather crass tone( I felt) that basically I had to “deal with it”. This person said we are not “corporate”. That buck starts and stops with her/him. Fine. But that doesn’t make it right, Sicy. The mods here seem blind to conniving trollers and blind to their own oppressive censorship practices. Well make no mistake, your oppressive rule, should it continue, will be brought to light and dealt with swiftly and justly.

Count me IN! Not only do I know people, I just saw the trailer for Che. I don't think firing squads are out of the question here.

Let's burn this motherfucker to the ground!

If Dalton is in, I'm in. We're going to take this to the house, Devin Hester style.

In all honesty, I think you're a big crybaby about this. There have been times when I've thought the mods closed something prematurely: never did I think that happened once in any of your threads.

Why is it that almost every other member can find what they need to discuss without starting a new thread and you can't? I mean, you're not exactly the only one strapped for time.

Grow up.

More like "Last Thread on Interference". I'm guessing your hours here are numbered.

How fucked up is it to THREATEN people that are putting a lot of time into something they love which they aren't even getting paid for.

YOU'RE A DOUCHEBAG.

I'm assuming he's going for the "Blaze Of Glory" approach for his last post...

Not the first time this approach has been taken by a total fucking tool.

a_jonbon1.jpg

Exercising my right to freedom of speech without starting up a new thread....

A rant is fine by me, but the threatening behaviour makes you a complete dickhead.

Every person that disagrees with LastEdgeonEarth and calls him out on it is a troll, guys! You're all trolls!

Don't think this is going to go unpunished. He knows people!

Please don't ban LastEdgeOnEarth for this. I mean the guy is a Cubs fan. Hasn't he suffered enough?

I'm sorry but I will not sit here and be threatened and insulted for doing my job. This is a privately owned forum. "Freedom of Speech" does not apply to privately owned forums and websites. We have rules and when you sign up you agree to abide by them. I've linked you to the FAQs too many times, I'm not going to do it again. My last post to you in your last closed thread was me having had enough after contacting you several times about the issues and you completely ignoring anything we asked you to do (or not to do).

After receiving several threatening pm's from you for closing your threads, I decided to put you on a 2 week suspension rather than banning you altogether. Obviously I was being too nice. I let you back and this is the first thing you post? I will NOT tolerate being threatened and harassed. I put in 12 hours a day here to try to keep this place running smoothly. None of the mods get paid for this. We put up with enough shit around here without having to deal with members being rude and threatening to the mod team for doing our jobs. If you don't like the way things are run around here then you are free to go somewhere else.

So please feel free to go take 'serious action'. Your threats are the funniest thing I've ever read here. Are you going to call your attorney? :lmao:

I was fine with letting you back here after suspension and giving you another chance despite your personal attacks against the mods. Too bad you were not smart enough to just go about your business. But hell if you think I'm going to let you stay here after this.

Well, I underestimated you, LastEdge. I gave you two weeks after your return.

It’s called “FREEDOM OF SPEECH”. I will no longer be a silent drone to this oppression and tyrannical censorship.

You seem to be mistaking this site for a democracy. This is a privately run site, and as such, can be run as its owners and administrators see fit. Your only freedom of speech here is the freedom granted by the policies and rules set forth by those who run this site. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to stay. If you happen to get banned for breaking the (clearly outlined) rules, you have no legal recourse.

Which brings me to my ultimate point. The mod team and those who run this site try our best to be tolerant of the different personalities, posting styles and disagreements that inevitably come up on this site. However, we will absolutely NOT tolerate anyone who threatens this site with what amounts to illegal acts. You may consider yourself to be in some position of power on this issue, but I assure you, you are not.

Oh, and in case you're wondering why this thread is now closed, here's a few selections from the FAQ:

Personally attacking other members of the forum is unacceptable and may result in an individual warning to the members in question, which may ultimately lead to banishment from the forum.

To which I would add threatening anyone on this site with retribution.

Oh, and another one, since I'm quite sure Sicy gave you enough warning when she allowed you back here:

If you have been warned by the administrators on more than one occasion to not personally attack other members of the forum, or for any other reasons, and do not agree to comply, you may be banned. Name calling is absolutely not allowed. Members who do not listen to moderator/admin warnings and continue to carry on after a mod has warned them in the thread(s), may be temporarily suspended from one or all of the forums for a week or longer, depending on what they did and how they cooperate during the suspension.

Nice knowing you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom