can someone do a search for me...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zuropa_fit

Blue Crack Addict
I'm looking for a "mis-heard lyrics" thread, either in PLEBA or EYKIW or anywhere else for that matter. I'm not premium so I can't search but need it for an art project. Thanks.

Hello !
I'm not a premium member and I'm going to Dublin this Sunday. Therefore, I wondering if there's any topic or related discussion about the U2 spots in Dublin, kind of a U2 tour.
Thanks in advance ! :D

Hello !
I'm not a premium member and I'm going to Dublin this Sunday. Therefore, I wondering if there's any topic or related discussion about the U2 spots in Dublin, kind of a U2 tour.
Thanks in advance ! :D

Everyone can use the search function now :)

There is an announcement at the top of every forum linking to the thread regarding the changes. Just FYI.

My problem is not exactly the same, but it is search related. So let's re-use this topic.
I'm trying to do a search and no results will come up, even though I know there are posts with that phrase. I'm searching for "almost famous" (the exact phrase, so including the double quotes). As I said, the Interference search says no posts are found. Using Google, I get about 24 results (though sadly not sorted in descending order by post date).

What's happening? :confused:

Aha! Thanks.

But... then how can I search for a specific phrase?
(especially since with the words "almost famous" the search engine apparently leaves out "almost" so you're only searching on famous. And there are a whole lotta posts with that word.)

Looks like at the moment you cant. I'll ask and see if it could be modified somehow, I have no clue.

Well I'm not sure if they can alter the search features..

but you can search through google even though its a pain in the butt.

If you want to search interference for "almost famous" your google search would look like this:
"almost famous" site: interference.com

You could also use the google advanced search page
which will allow the kind of search you want and you can specify that it only searches this site.

Google has some nifty tips for searching using the advanced page and even more info on the basics of searching here

Finally - check out the google cheat sheet.
Print this and stick it to the corner of your monitor.

The vbulletin advanced search only searches key words and gets somewhat befuddled when you add punctuation.

Back
Top Bottom