can somebody posibly.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Can somebody make me a gif if I posted a couple pics? Or emailed them to you? I just really want a gif, but I cant make them:( Thanx:wink:

I'm majorly mad! We had to delete everything off our computer today so now, I have no pictures left. I'm extremely mad! It's not fair. Now, I feel bad cause I'm asking for someone to just surprise me! Can you just make me one with Edge pics? Or one of Edge from a video or somethin. I dont know:sad: It's just not fair! I'm lost.

It was freakin out, like there were pop ups when we got on the net and we would have to close the window we were using and it just got really annoying. And our puter was starting to be really slow for some reason. My family didnt even tell me they were going to do it! If they would have I woul dhave printed some of my pics I had, and wrote down all my quotes from Edge. But :mad:
But I'm gettin better now, I mean the puter is a lot better and everything. But Edge and U2 are gone:sad: for a while anyway:wink:

That's how my old computer died, I was trying to get rid of the popups and messed something up :( Pop ups are evil! :mad:

That was so rude they did it behind your back, sorry but your family sounds mean from a lot of stuff you've told us :hug:

It's NOT pics making it slow, that's the first thing people blame, but computer experts will tell you they are not the problem!

Last edited:
My whole family are butts! But I'm not saying i'm not cause well I take after my dad and my friends go through hell lol! But yea it was rude of them to do it without even tellin me. And everybody is like "You cant save anymore pics" and my bro backed me up and said "its not the pics you morons" lol! But he hates U2 now... what a pickle. He didnt really care that all my stuff was gone he just wanted people to think he was smart.

That's really horrible they did that without telling you. My mother used to do things like that. I'd come home from school and she'd have thrown out half my clothes because I "hadn't worn them lately". It was a long time ago, but part of me still feels mad. It shows a real lack of respect. Keep standing up for yourself!:up:

My husband's mother brags at how she used to hold him down as a kid and tear his favorite outfit off him and rip it up in front of him. When he was a teenager, she said if there was a shirt he was attached to and she got tired of seeing on him when he finally took it off, she'd use it to scrub the bathroom floor and ruin it and pitch it. To this day, he will wear the same shirt for days. She also went to extremes when she forced him to eat his vegetables. If he didn't want them, she would leave them in the fridge until they were old and hard and made him choke them down before he'd get another meal. To this day the man will not touch a green vegetable. It's like Gavin said about Guggi, the man with the longest hair in Dublin who paints bowls, rebellling against his father who always gave him terrible bowl haircuts. Stuff like that can hang with you all your life. :|

Geese, that sux. I wish my parents would throw away the clothes I dont wear, instead they make me wear them and I dont even like them! And they buy me clothes and they dont even let me go with them to pick them out, so they are always too big! And even worse there not even the right kinds of clothes I like. You know, like not todays stiles. MAkes me mad!

Yeah people need to understand that you can't put just anything on a kid, or especially a teenager because they will get made fun of at school if they wear stuff nobody else would wear. It's sad things are like that but they are. As a parent and former teenager I understand and will never do that to my kids!

Well, dont get me wrong I love my parents, I really love parents, but it would really be cool if they would do stuff with me sometime. Um... this kinda got off the subject lol!

The pics are not what's causing the problem (unless your me and have near 2 gigs allocated to pics).

I'm guessing your dad did a destructive restore, which honestly was a good idea with the amount of spyware it sounds like you had. But you need to protect the computer so it doesn't keep happening. Make sure your dad checks Windows Update every month or so. Also, download Adaware 6.0 and run that every week. You need to make sure you're updating Adaware (the little globe + spyglass icon on the top) and your anti-virus software or it won't catch any new forms of viruses or spyware. Also, removing Netscape and IE and switching over to Mozilla/FireFox for internet browsing is smart b/c FireFox will automatically block pop-ups. A lot of the pop-ups blindly install spyware and adware, but if they're blocked, they can't.

As for needing more hard drive space, your dad needs to check Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove programs you don't use. These take up infinitely more space than pic files.

Also, remember to back up all your pics every few months or so just in case!

You can print out this message and give it to your dad :)

~ from someone whose full-time job is fixing computers

One more thing, if you're not allowed to save lots of pics (I wasn't either before I bought my own computer), you could save up for a removable device like a disc-on-key. The disc-on-key can save a LOT of stuff and all you do is plug it into the computer's USB port (the flat, skinny slots, sometimes there's a few on the front of the comp. for easy access).

This is like a floppy, but holds WAY more stuff (a floppy holds like 1.5 MB and a disc-on-key can be 256MB depending on which one you buy) and won't break down with age (floppies de-magnetize).

You can get one at any electronics store and probably department stores. Here is an example:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1056899518242&skuId=5753035&type=product&cmp=++

Thanx, I'll print your messege out and show my dad. He doesnt mind me saving pics, but it just annoys him of who the pics are of:sad:

Back
Top Bottom