Arent't the polls supposed to be private?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm a mod, and I have no access to other people's Private Messages, and I have no way to know who voted which way on a poll.

guilty conscience?

Only Elvis and I have access to polls.

Nobody has access to private messages.

Re: guilty conscience?

Sicy said:
Only Elvis and I have access to polls.

Nobody has access to private messages.

I'd just like to add a comment or 2....

It is true that we have access to who voted on polls, although it is a tedious and time consuming process to produce the lists... its not something done often, and if/when it is done, the votes are kept private. Sicy and I both administrate this forum, and have access to most everything - for obvious reasons.. we run the forum.

However.. and this is a BIG however...
neither of us are able to view PMs. There is no need, it would be a total invasion of privacy, and... simply.. the vbulletin forum software does not allow for it to be done.

I hope this answers a few questions.

Joel

I think everyone should be able to see who voted what on each poll
so what if people know what you voted

Ah yes.. thanks for your opinion Gina.

And Naya was responding perhaps to that-and the fact that a comment was made along the lines of 'I don't care for her either'.

Was there a reason for her to respond? I never mentioned any names.. there was no reason to mention any names. I dont feel I was in the wrong.

Am I no longer allowed to give my opinion? It's greeted w/ a yawn I guess when you don't like it Sicy. Sorry, I thought I was still entitled to give my opinion around here, clearly I was mistaken.

Well, if people choose to vote in a poll thinking NO ONE can read their individual votes-which is what I previously thought..I'd venture a guess that most people think those are confidential and the info won't be posted about in any way or looked at by anyone.

Like I said, Naya was responding to what occurred-and perhaps that's a problem around here-that people feel too intimidated to respond to things like this. I for one think it is. This, if I may express my opinion, is one reason among others why I don't feel comfortable around here anymore.

There-I've given my OPINION . I won't be baited any more-so who ever wants to yawn or whatever, please feel free, I guess..

You know Gina...

Sicy didnt mention any names. If you expect one of the admins of this forum to have no access to any information....
well.... thats kinda as foolish as thinking that the IRS (the tax people in the US) don't know how much someone makes. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom