Amended policy regarding closing threads at 500 posts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sicy

Sizzlin' Sicilian
Staff member
In the past, on going threads that reached 500 posts were closed and a new thread could be started.

The reason being, these large threads are taxing to the server/bandwidth every time they are opened/accessed.

Since we just moved to a new server :drool: I'd like to try a trial of letting them go to 1000 then closing them.

We'll see how this goes for a while, and if everything goes smoothly, in the future we may not need to close them at all.

Remember the old days.. :ohmy: .....

randooom.jpg

:ohmy: :cool:!

On behalf of the PGP girls (none of whom are in the current thread to see this announcement however :lol: ), this rocks :D Thanks mods :D

:shocked: There was a thread with over 41k replies at one time??

Sicy said:
Remember the old days.. :ohmy: .....

randooom.jpg

:shifty: :uhoh: Did it really have that many replies to it? :reject:

:sad: I wish it was still available for viewing. There's things from long ago that I want to look up. :sad:

and thanks for posting the picture. There was some debate a while back as to the original thread title.

I guess I'm the only one who actually liked the threads being closed at 500. I mean with leaving them open until 1000 posts the thread naming opportunities are cut in half. :sad:

i just realised that this will piss Doozer off. she will have to wait longer now to make new threads in Out of Control :lol: :uhoh:

Back
Top Bottom