Additional option in Polls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
Okay I've been wondering about this for a while. It would be great if there was an optional feature while creating polls to not make the results visible till the poll ends. This is to avoid strategic voting. While I myself am guilty of strategic voting every now and then, I think it defeats the purpose of polling a bunch of people. One should vote based on what one thinks is the least or most preffered option, NOT what will help protect a certain option from getting voted out. That's like messing with democracy, isn't it? :lol: And if this feature is made optional, the person starting the poll can choose to use it or not based on the type of poll and whether it needs invisibility and so on. What do you guys think?

I wouldn't use it. :wink:

In any case, who cares if people vote strategically? Especially if it's early, any song with that many votes would end up leaving anyway. All that happens is the order in which it goes is switched slightly.

Well... the order may not always be the same as the competition progresses though! For example: In the current Led Zep survivor, say, Seaside and Nightflight are the ones with the most votes just for argument sake. And seaside gets eliminated. Next round, custard pie and rover may have the most votes and nightflight may be safe for a while, maybe even reach the top 3 or something. Point is, people's preferences change a lot, even through the competition. At least I know mine do pretty often. But with strategic voting you're unnecessarily piling votes on to a song that you don't even believe to be the worst! How daft is that??? People should just vote for their preferred option. Only way to get that done fairly is invisible results. :shrug:

What about people who don't care to vote in a particular poll but are curious to see how others are voting?

Back
Top Bottom