A premium members list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
I was rooting around the members list tonight, and I thought of this brilliant idea!

You know how the members list has a variety of ways to organize it? What if you could get a list of Premiums with one click?

Huh?! Not bad, huh?!

:wink:

It's something I'll keep in mind, but it's not going to get done anytime soon. We dont even currently have anyway for members to view the members list by 'status' group either.

I'm not really sure what purpose either would serve.

I like I like!

There's so frickin many "members" but funny how most of them have posted once or never. There's no easy way to get a list of people who actually post, but at least with a list of Premiums, you can assume paying people actually still use Interference.

Yeah, I like that too. Interference always advertises that it has X number of members, but what like 25% of those have posted more than twice? How dumb. Even I have multiple alters and I don't even remember what they are.

beli said:
or maybe users who haven't posted in a year or so could be deleted. Thats what many other forums do.

Many of our members ARE active, but do not post - this includes many premium members as well.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Yeah, I like that too. Interference always advertises that it has X number of members, but what like 25% of those have posted more than twice? How dumb. Even I have multiple alters and I don't even remember what they are.

the majority of members do NOT have alters. and like I said, we have many active memebrs, but they dont post. Just because they dont post does not mean they should be deleted.

Its actually amazing how many active members we have that have been here since the first few months of the forum. They read the site, get the mailers, etc... and yes, some are still very active posters.

If people were curious, out of 28,877 registered users (as of this post):

--1,175 users have 100 posts or more.
--5,401 users have between 1 and 99 posts.
--22,301 have no posts.

Some people seem to care, so I calculated it out of the Member List. Personally? I don't care. I'm not about to presume why people would register for a forum they don't ever intend to post in.

But I also know that registering also puts you on the mailing list. So I wouldn't presume that deleting members who have never posted would be a prudent thing to do.

As for creating a link that shows the list of Premium Members, that will require a custom PHP script. So, yes, I'll understand if Elvis doesn't want or have time to write one.

Melon

Forget the list.

Can we have a dedicated server for premium members? Like the way LiveJournal does for their paying subscribers? Cuz once the tour starts, it's all gonna collapse.

Back
Top Bottom