A Message to Our Readers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i can handle that it was my swearing so sailor like at your guaucheness that made your skin prickle. and probably caused you to finally get the complete shits with my charming honesty. as for why you did the same curtesy to your best mod johan is beyond me. you dont have to like me elvis but he never deserved that.

ps, i always said dalkey was an arse. no one listened to that either
:p

Angela Harlem said:
i can handle that it was my swearing so sailor like at your guaucheness that made your skin prickle. and probably caused you to finally get the complete shits with my charming honesty. as for why you did the same curtesy to your best mod johan is beyond me. you dont have to like me elvis but he never deserved that.

ps, i always said dalkey was an arse. no one listened to that either
:p

I'll agree with you on most of that. ;)

Calluna said:
I know this has been addressed already but the thing that has bothered me the most about this whole fiasco is the terrible way that angie (and salome by virtue of being her good friend) were treated for bringing up legitimate concerns about the validity of this supposed edge.

I would argue that it is very relevant to the matter being discussed in this thread. If you had listened to angie in the first place instead of trying to shut her up you could have nipped this in the bud before it got out of hand.

You claim that their banning was not a direct result of this situation and had been building up over a long period of time but forgive me if I don't believe you. The timing is just too perfect.

While even I wondered if Angie's views were a bit biased due to some strained moments with Joel, I concur that the removal of her moderating privileges at this crucial juncture is wickedly convenient - especially seeing as how it was Angie who pointed out that "Dalkey Beach" was a 14-year old girl from Chicago (which oddly enough appears to be very similar to what "D. Smith" from @U2 is claiming).

For those of you who paid $12 and feel cheated, may I suggest this site. :yes:

Well, I think one could give money here and also give money to other causes. ;) I've given much more money to my church and to Amnesty than I've ever given to Interference.

bcrt2000 said:
maybe edge pulled an andy kauffman on us?

As I think I've sort of alluded to.... I wouldn't doubt it, or something similar. NO way to ever KNOW for sure, unless the man himself said so. I'm not going to lose any more sleep over this though... just going to chalk it up to a learning experience and something I may never really KNOW the truth about. Heck, it isnt the only thing like that. I'd wager to say that many people here have or do have things that they've 'believed' in, but couldnt KNOW for sure if it was fact or not. But hey, thats getting into a philosophical discussion... and would be off topic ;)

bonosgirl84 said:
these jill and don smith, peoria illinois people are easy enough to reach

they're listed.

Interesting. Funny thing is... from the email we got from the '16 yr old girl' is that it was just her and her mother here. She also used another name which was not anything ending with Smith.

Did one of the band members find out about this and did either they or their management contact you to tell you it was a hoax?

Just a question I'd like answered, thanks Mods.

xtal said:
Did one of the band members find out about this and did either they or their management contact you to tell you it was a hoax?

Just a question I'd like answered, thanks Mods.

Answers to these questions can be found in posts made by myself after the initial one.

Elvis, is there any way I can email you a private question?

(Spelled any way wrong).

Elvis said:

As I think I've sort of alluded to.... I wouldn't doubt it, or something similar. NO way to ever KNOW for sure, unless the man himself said so. I'm not going to lose any more sleep over this though... just going to chalk it up to a learning experience and something I may never really KNOW the truth about. Heck, it isnt the only thing like that. I'd wager to say that many people here have or do have things that they've 'believed' in, but couldnt KNOW for sure if it was fact or not. But hey, thats getting into a philosophical discussion... and would be off topic ;)

The phrases "Everything you know is wrong" and "Even better than the real thing" or relevant on these forums now more than ever :)

I admit I started to have my doubts after 'Edge' started saying Electric Co, Ultraviolet and Zoo Station and other really old rarities were going to be on this tour at the expense of classics like Streets and Bullet. :scratch:

DaveC said:
I admit I started to have my doubts after 'Edge' started saying Electric Co, Ultraviolet and Zoo Station and other really old rarities were going to be on this tour at the expense of classics like Streets and Bullet. :scratch:

he was right about electric and exit though because they have been rehearsing them

we don't have any evidence to really contradict that this was edge

i guess we'll find out in 8 years when they release the final best of, if it has a bronze color, it was the edge :)

Last edited:
paxetaurora said:
Well, I think one could give money here and also give money to other causes. ;) I've given much more money to my church and to Amnesty than I've ever given to Interference.

I ccompletely concur.

But I was tired of hearing how some were complaining about their $12. :wink: In the U.S., $12 could be a lunch! LOL! So if you are really so upset about your membership, please donate it to the site I recommended or any charity of your choice.

bcrt2000 said:

he was right about electric and exit though because they have been rehearsing them

we don't have any evidence to really contradict that this was edge

i guess we'll find out in 8 years when they release the final best of, if it has a bronze color, it was the edge :)

I joked once that this was Edge's daughter - and maybe it still is! LOL! :laugh: That is, someone "in the know" but who still isn't 100% sure of everything.

However, this really sounds like a person who did her homework before posting as Edge. That is, she scoured the news sites, read about how U2 were rehearsing various songs and then posted, as Edge, stating that they'd be in the new tour.

As for Katey, she's gone over the line completely. Any fan working for a fan site who claims to have an "in" with the band is obviously suspect. Her position as a staff member should be reconsidered after what has happened. Anything she writes will be suspect and should be examined closely.

In with the band nope sorry,having contact with who I thought was this Edge yes indeed I did many times as did Joel and other staff.

As for Katey, she's gone over the line completely. Any fan working for a fan site who claims to have an "in" with the band is obviously suspect. Her position as a staff member should be reconsidered after what has happened. Anything she writes will be suspect and should be examined closely.

I believe Katey already replied to this but I just wanted to add something...

Kate has brought an incredible professional experience and personality to our team. She is responsible for helping to make many things in recent past happen for the Zine/site which most likely would not have happened otherwise. Each and everyone of the Interference Zine/Content/News/Forum/Art/etc Team are incredibly valuable to this site. Each person volunteers their time (and a lot of it) and that should be respected. We are a team, we all make this site a continued reality, and many of us have formed close friendships as well. I can honestly say some of my best friends are people that are on the Interference team. If you want to attack my credibility, the sites, or that of the team as a whole... I'm surely more willing to accept that, than if you go out attacking an individual of the team.

On a side note...

I'M SEEING REM TONIGHT!!!! and.. I'VE GOT AMAZING SEATS!!!!

Gotta have my concert fix since U2 isnt touring yet ;) REM puts on a great show, I'd advise anyone to get tickets to see them if they can.

Joel

Elvis said:
In hindsight
hindsight?

there was no hindsight needed
you were told from the very beginning that this was crap

instead of investigating this
you provoked Anna
kicked both of us out of here
maintained in public that this really, really, really is The Edge
and offered no answers to anything

hindsight?

Elvis said:

On a side note...

I'M SEEING REM TONIGHT!!!! and.. I'VE GOT AMAZING SEATS!!!!

Gotta have my concert fix since U2 isnt touring yet ;) REM puts on a great show, I'd advise anyone to get tickets to see them if they can.

Joel

isn't this a little off subject? diversion at its best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom