A Boss Forum!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
As some of you *coughelvisandsicy* ;) may have noticed, Bruce & the E Street Band have been the subject of many threads around here for the last month or two, and with the tour and appearances just getting underway, it's bound to get even more apparent.

I jokingly suggested in a thread a few weeks back that we should have a Bruce forum. People seemed to like the idea, and now it seems to come up often enough where I think I can ask for consideration of one (or, as a possible "child" of the Radiohead forum).

I have a few names for what it could be called so far, and ideas on who could moderate.

Names:
Cadillac Ranch
Candy's Room
Darkness on the Edge of Town
Open All Night
Lucky Town
Secret Garden

I'd of course be willing to moderate, and Mona has expressed interest in this as well.

The masses will be here shortly.

Can we have a Bruce forum? Oh please oh please oh please oh please? We'll be good, we promise! We'll eat all our veggies and everything!
:angel:

changes changes always changes

Alright .. we're going to make it a subforum in LS along with the RH forum and sports forum.

Re: changes changes always changes

Sicy said:
Alright .. we're going to make it a subforum in LS along with the RH forum and sports forum.

You guys rock. :D

OK, Bruce fans... Let's hear your ideas for naming our little corner! I've put up my ideas above, would love to hear more. Either PM me or post in this thread.

:)

Last edited:
Re: Re: changes changes always changes

jezebel said:
I'm confused :confused: where is it now????

Where is what? Nothings been done yet.. :p

Elvis likes "Darkness on the Edge of Town" because its U2 related.. :laugh: ;)

I vote for "Darkness on the Edge of Town"

And I would be willing to help moderate if you need me.

I can't seem to get enough of Bruce lately. Mona and I are going to Asbury Park this weekend...we want to see it before it is torn down and turned into a resort.

Thanks for the offer fishy

April and Mona along with myself will be moderating.

Re: Thanks for the offer fishy

Sicy said:
April and Mona along with myself will be moderating.

:love: *rapture* So wait is there a name yet? I have suggestions......*ahem*

Candy's Room
Greetings from....somethin...
Thunder Road :eyerolls:
Club Soul City
Jungleland? (the poets down here
Don't write nothing at all, they just stand back and let it all be :heart:)
Loose End

.....that's all I can think of now

Re: i am so happy

Screaming Flower said:

:tongue:

Me too :)

Since he'll be touring fer a good long time, it's a good time to have a Broooooce forum. He'll be a busy guy doing lots of things :)

Ahhh..... it just hasnt been the same around here without you salami.

Sicy said:
Ahhh..... it just hasnt been the same around here without you salami.
yeah, it's good to be back

if Bruce will also get his own forum I might not rest until the same has been done for my 24 most fav bands

I'm a lazy bastard though

i'm gonna mankiss salami to welcome him back

I think Darkness... is the best name so far. Greetings from... would be cool, but I like that little Edge thing like Elvis poitned out (kinda like the "lemon" in the RH forum, lol).

Mona, you will have to share with me those Bruce pics of yours. ;) I have a feelin' we'll be posting lots!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Last edited:
Dont worry about naming a bruce forum.. I think we're going to just have a general music forum.

I like that idea and so does Elvis.

Hello,

OK, so there is a general music forum at this moment. Still, a Boss subforum would be nice. Apart from all the names suggested I'm always addicted to one other Bruce-related line:
Tramps like us

You can scream the rest of that line in private...

C ya!

Marty

baby we were booooorn to ruuuuuuuuuuun

Popmartijn said:
Hello,

OK, so there is a general music forum at this moment. Still, a Boss subforum would be nice. Apart from all the names suggested I'm always addicted to one other Bruce-related line:
Tramps like us

You can scream the rest of that line in private...

C ya!

Marty

Well, I think a lot of people felt that having a Radiohead forum was seperating the idea of the forum away from the original concept. However, I have already seen people mentioning the "absence" of RH, and there are plenty of people here who wanted a Bruce forum, soo....

Maybe we can have the "Bang and Clatter" forum seperate from LS, and RH and Bruce can be the subforums? If this idea takes hold, I'll be willing to do all the work of moving threads, etc. as Elvis took more of his own time last night to move everything for the General Music. :)

Even so, a General Music forum is still a cool thing, so non-U2 band threads have a chance of being seen. :up:

lyrictician said:
Darkness on the Edge of Town is a good title but it sounds too dreary and depressing. Let's celebrate, it's a Bruce forum, it should have a happy title. My vote goes for Candy's Room or Cadillac Ranch.

The new forum has already been instated. It's a General Music Discussion, found in Lemonade Stand. :)

Back
Top Bottom