A Book Forum Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
I know this has been suggested before... but I don't think a final decision was ever made. I remember having seen Elvis being open to the idea since then.

I think the amount of book threads in the Lemonade Stand proves that a book forum would be a good idea.

I was bummed that my "what are you reading" thread kept falling off the first page. :sad:

I'd love to see a book forum.

Lemonade Stand
Off-topic forum. Drop in, order a glass of lemonade and talk with other U2 fans about what you're reading, looking at, watching, or a hobby. There is a sub-forum for General music, sports, TV, and movies.

---------

It's a lovely idea, but honestly there would not be enough 'book threads' to fill up an entire forum. It would die a lonely death.
Plus if we keep taking away topics from LS there will soon be no LS. :p

maybe it should be given a chance before we declare it dead already :shrug:

It's obvious. There are one or two book threads.. how can you think that it deserves an entire forum??

martha my dear, you need to have more confidence in interferencers's discussion capabilities.

The number (or lack) of threads about books doesnt warrant a forum at this point. I am open to the idea if the number of threads, and posts, increases though.

Originally posted by Sicy
It's a lovely idea, but honestly there would not be enough 'book threads' to fill up an entire forum. It would die a lonely death.
Plus if we keep taking away topics from LS there will soon be no LS. :p

I agree. I think one book thread is plenty in LS anyway, usually people say nothing more than what book they are reading and what they thought of it. Having different forums for books/tv/music/food will just start to get confusing and hard to keep track of.

Maybe we could try a book club sort of concept: pick a book, people read, and have a running discussion thread. Anyone up for it?

Tarvark said:
Maybe we could try a book club sort of concept: pick a book, people read, and have a running discussion thread. Anyone up for it?

Me! Me! :wave:

We could even start off with a short story (Mark Twain maybe) or a novella (Heart of Darkness maybe) just to try out the concept with something smaller.

I really think it’s a great idea. Right now I’m reading some short stories by Flannery O’Connor.
Why don’t you start a thread in LS with a few options, and ask people what they’d be interested in. If you do that, please link it here bc I hardly ever venture over that way.

Back
Top Bottom