Some prayers and positive vibes please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

I know waiting is ugly. Keep the faith, everything will be fine. I hope you can avoid surgery and find a good treatment that really helps you.

You poor thing to have to go thru all this wait and see...the waiting and in limbo is so hard to deal with. Find something to distract yourself, that's healthy. Pamper yourself. On one hand perhaps it is good this doctor is taking a different approach. I'd much rather have a 2nd or even 3rd opinion especially after the word "surgery" is uttered. I am going through something similar. I was in hospital in mid August and am STILL waiting for some kind of treatment option to avoid that ugly word surgery. Hopefully Wednesday's appt. for me will bring some good news. So, :pray: and positive thoughts all around!! :hug:

:hug: Thank you prayers and positive vibes your way Carek.

Would be nice not to have the surgery, but I have faith if it's meant to do be God will do what is best, if it is not, hopefully we can find the treatment and hopefully answers I need.

I'm pretty down today, tired, etc. And than I realized yesterday I had them feel the wrong spot in my neck.:doh: and also found out I have 2 bumps now, so the bump I sent them to was a new one, not the one I've been flighting with, but they are close to each another so maybe he did feel them together and thought of them to be one, like I did, since they are so deep it's hard to really tell :sigh:. If not I'll mention it to him when I see him again on the 23rd.

Thanks for the support guys it's really helping me out:hug: I'm trying to find way others than school and work to keep me distracted.

My Dad is retired NAVY so we do everything through the military system here.

I never heard of that Dazz.Is like hyporthrodism? I know bad spelling sorry.

My dad was Navy. :D

Ummm I don't remember whether it's more like hypothyroidism OR hyperthyroidism.

Lots of Lethargy, some aches & pains, i can't remember... a dear long, long tim friend has had it for ? ?20 yrs.

On one hand perhaps it is good this doctor is taking a different approach. I'd much rather have a 2nd or even 3rd opinion especially after the word "surgery" is uttered.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!
:hug::hug::hug:

I am going through something similar. I was in hospital in mid August and am STILL waiting for some kind of treatment option to avoid that ugly word surgery. Hopefully Wednesday's appt. for me will bring some good news. So, :pray: and positive thoughts all around!! :hug:

:ohmy::ohmy:
Oh, nooooo! :(

All the best,Ccarek!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug:

My dad was Navy. :D

Ummm I don't remember whether it's more like hypothyroidism OR hyperthyroidism.

Lots of Lethargy, some aches & pains, i can't remember... a dear long, long tim friend has had it for ? ?20 yrs.

NAVY Brats unite!:hi5:

Hmmm, they checked my thyroid and didn't find anything, if they still not to sure when I see the surgeon again on the 23rd I'll ask about that.

I had surgery and had my thyroid removed last year. Blood tests didn't show anything abnormal but I had a couple of lumps on it, one pretty big, making it difficult to breathe. Treatment couldn't solve it, but the surgery was no big thing and I'm fine today.

I don't deal well with pain and know how debilitating it can be, for me at least. Even dull throbbing and aching makes me want to just curl up in bed with some tea and a nice pain reliever and sleep it off. But then that makes me so behind in everyday life and even more tired! I feel so exhausted with the extra effort taking time to do things because I'm dealing with aches and pains or hobbling about with a bad knee, ankle, back etc. :doh: I'm learning how to adapt as time passes though.

^:hug: know the feeling.

I was so exhausted and sick at work tonight it was insane, had to keep running to bathroom to trow up, and all I could feel was pressure in my neck from the lymph nodes and feeling a little dizzy. I worked my whole shift, but it was exhausting and stressful for me. :sigh:

That sounds really bad. I hope you get some results soon and receive treatment that really helps you. So sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. Can't you just take some days off work to relax?

:hug:

They gave me a couple days this week, and I don't have a break for a few days now, and with the holidays coming up, it's going to be harder and I have to work more hours.

People at work are pretty understanding if I'm slacking and I let them know what is going on. I don't talk to much about it, which is rare of me not to speak when I'm not feeling well.

I'm on antibiotics right now, which makes no sense, sense they have tired that already.

I have a week before I see the doc again, I'm hoping he doesn't get upset that I don't get my ultrasound until December 1st, was the earliest the hospital could get me in, since I'm not a serious case to them, I have to wait and also with all the women having babies right now as well, has amazed me how many women are having babies this time of the year.:crack:

*blah* Feel so awful today! Still have that darn headache with dizziness, etc etc. Didn't sleep well, hopefully it's just an effect from the antibotics, but I have had them before so I don't know.

I have an whole week until I see the doc on the 23rd, I'm hoping it goes by fast. :sigh:

Stay strong. Think positive thoughts. I know it's not easy. Is there anything you can do to distract yourself, get away from the situation a little? There are also people you can talk to, right?

Thank yas.:hug:

I'm also trying to get back into crocheting as well, maybe I'll be able to make something for a change and I'm looking forward to seeing all the cool cards from the card exchange, I'm just waiting to be able to send mine out now.

I'm just mainly exhausted that anything else right now, hopefully when I see the doc next week I get some sort of answer, I really hate waiting.

Thanks guys!:hug:

Back from my appointment and Well my surgeon said he doesn't believe it's cancer, even though there is still a possibility,he doesn't want to say it is for certain and he doesn't want to do the risky surgery unless he really needs to for my sake. I have an ultra sound on Dec 1st and we'll go from there if it looks abnormal he'll let me know, if not I have to go in every 3-6 months for an ultra sound to see how it all is going. BUT one thing he did say on one of my test, he had tested me for lupus, and I'm showing a possibility of having it, he said he doesn't deal with that so I have to go back to my main doc and discuss that. It's still in the air luckily as of right now it doesn't seem to be pointing towards cancer. But to have the possibility of having lupus is no fun. But not as stressed as I am, which is good, I just wish they had some sort of answer. But I am on watch, go in for my ultra sound on the first and than I'll schedule to see my main doc to discuss the possibility of lupus. It's still wait and see.

I can still use some prayers and positive vibes though.

Thanks for all the support though guys, it truly means alot you all have no idea.:hug:

I'll still try to keep you all updated as much as I can.

Well, that's one positive thing. I hope the lupus thing isn't true. Stay strong, it will sson be over and I'm sure you'll be fine. :hug:

I go in for my ultrasound tomorrow well I should say today since it's after midnight here. Prayers and positive vibes that everything turns out okay.

I'm a little stressed out though with all of this, I hate having the times where I have the most energy in the world than all of sudden it's like I'm dead, and I get these flare ups of pain and the most annoying of them all is the hives I get/itchiness mostly on my face and on my back and arms.

I'm still praying it's not lupus, I'm waiting to get this ultrasound before I make the appointment to talk to my main doc about the lupus thing.

Thanks Carek! :hug:

I just got back from the ultrasound now just have to wait for the tech to go over the results than the doc and go from there.

Just know it kind of hurt when the tech was doing the ultrasound, everytime he went that one spot that has been brothering me the most I was like.:|

Back
Top Bottom