PLEBANS Info Thread, please post!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by dream chaser
silly_mel_02.jpg

^Paul Frank :drool::D

:flirt: Mr Lemon :flirt:

Last edited:
Name: Celia

Nationality: British

Language: English

School: University of Brighton studying Business & Marketing

Job: Student

Transportation: Don't drive yet, Walk, Bus, Train, Car, Fly, whatever!

Relationship: Single

Family: Mom, Dad, Sister

Pets: None

Hobbies: Music, Concerts, U2, Internet, Arty things...

Random Experience: meeting some random guy on a train back from Brighton with my friends, who taught us juggling and read us a poem.

Random Good Quote: A Wasted Day is One in which you have not laughed

Favorite People: Bono, Chris Martin, Fran Healey, Thom Yorke, PJ Harvey, Alanis Morissette, Tori Amos, Sting, Michael Stipe, Damien Rice...

Favorite Book: Stone Cold

Favorite Movie: Trainspotting, Shawshank Redemption...

(Don't have a picture on this computer, I'll try and post one when I next go home!) :)

I really enjoy this thread, Livluv! It's alot of fun to see who Plebans are. Glad you were motivated enough to start it. :happy:

However I got bounced out :mad: trying to put my intro in, as I sometimes do in my longer posts. So I will try again tomorrow [technicaly today, now] since the netplace will be closing too soon for me to finish.

maybe i can throw some comment s in for some posters.

LivLuv: how would u prounce your first name ? [Lee-ess?]

a bunch of Michiganer's here, huh? Been to your state for my other non -music activity thaT involves Fannish type activities-- SF related Fanzines -Fan convention in East Langsing!
Sherry D: cool work, good luck w the Belly dancing!
Kellyahern: ObiWan Carnobi? :laugh: Ever been to World Con, or a Media con [as above?]
Flaming June:my sis just had a lovely vacation in your home island, both Carib & ocean side.
Kriste: I love The Arch! [seen on cross country bus trips]
Marina: are you the 'rina of "mystery Machine"?
Amanda: some of my most wonderful years in many ways were in my '30's!
Camilla: I just loved your Bono story....esp ...'and twelve years later I...." WOW :love:
LCK: hi, I love your sig quote!
IluvLM: yeaH! another 'unrepentent' Liberal!
Megan: what a great Bono/DC story

i guess that's aLL I HAVE TIME FOR
GO WELL,

DAzzled

Last edited:
dazzledbylight said:

LivLuv: how would u prounce your first name ? [Lee-ess?]

Lies = lease. And DON'T say "but it look like lies" b/c I know that's what you're all thinking and you're wrong b/c it's a German/Dutch name and in those languages, the "ie" makes the "eeeee" sound and the "ei" makes the "i" sound like hi so :madspit: :D

Thing I Never Want To Say Again:
Yes, it is my real name. No, it's not short for anything (though my mom sometimes used to call me Liesje "little Lies" EDIT: Liesje = pretty much like Leesha ANOTHER EDIT: I've considered naming my future daughter Liesje as my revenge). No, it isn't spelled wrong. NO it doesn't have anything to do with the name Lisa. :mad: Sorry, I get those a lot, but I don't mind if people ask about pronounciation (I'd rather they do that than try on their own, dear GOD!)

I'm thinking of changing the spelling to Leece, or something slightly more phonetic....

Last edited:
Name Esther Meneses
Age 30:(
Nationality Im 100%Cuban born in the U.S.
Language English/Spanish
Location Miami, Florida
School Graduated from Miami-Dade Community College
Degree I have a degree in Fashion Design
Job Retail
Relationship Im single
Transportation A piece of crap I dont care to mention
Family Mom & Dad
Pets 1 fat, black and white cat
Hobbies Reading, Movies, Art, scouring fashion magazines.
Random Experience On Jan. 15th of this year while on vacation in Madrid, I saw Ben Affleck come out of the Ritz hotel. And several years ago I saw Ricky Martin in a record store, also in Madrid.
Favorite People Madonna, Cher, Colin Farrell, Gwen Stefani, Oprah, Jay Leno, Giorgio Armani, Marc Jacobs, Narciso Rodriguez, Michael Kors and Bono, Larry, Adam and Edge of couse.
Favorite Musicians U2 naturally, Sarah McLachlan, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters, Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay, R.E.M. Incubus, The White Stripes and many more.
Favorite Books all Harry Potter books, all Anne Rice books, The Bridges of Madison County and The Devil Wears Prada.

Here's me in Segovia, Spain.
Me_Segovia.jpg

Last edited:
here we go~

name: Deanna [Dee]
nationality: 2nd generation America/ half Greek [mom], then mostly half Ukrainian [dad]
school: l-o-n-g ago Cooper Union {Science, Engineering & Art} BFA- Major>Graphic Design/ Minor> Sculpture+ Adult Ed classes in Art
relationship: single, not looking now
work: bunches of years bouncing between Office work-Clerical/Accounting Clerical and Commercial Art work- including Graphic Design& Photo-styling
fovrite peeple: sis, mom, sometimes dad, my 7 closest friends of past 8, 20 & near 30 years, plus my newer freinds// Elenor Roosevelt, Calder [mobiles], FDR, Paul Wellstone {rip}, Maya Angelou, Clifford D Simak> my first SF read, Bono, J Michael Stratszynski >creator/writor babylon 5, David Brin >SF author & activist for Sciences & Ecology with young people, Sam Greenfield >liberal radio taLK show host & many Simple Minds, Souix & Banshees, more :laugh:

ok next part-
hobbies/interests: strolling round my city streets, parks & gardens/Art: b&w, color drawng, relearning how to paint, sculpture/ Crafts:design often artisan level silver-wire jewelry with/without beads/ Science Fiction: books & media/ Music recorded & live concerts!/ eating out with friends/ Sciences- some Earth & Space areas/ sMuMusic urfing the Net [doing some of these activies alone or with friends]
quote: {there's so many!} "why wait for excitement, why wait for Joy"< reccent Ray Bradbury>
movies: Return of the King, Shawshank Redemption, Dave, Monsters Inc, Contact, Field of Dreams, The Empire Strikes Back, Undiscovered Country [ST]
music people: U2, Bruce Stringsteen, The "Oo, Patti Smith Group, Television, Sousie &the Banshees, Midnite Oil, Simple Minds, The Police, The Cash, and wish I could hear much more of say ColdPlay, Radio HEad and even newer baNDS ON NY radio <which can be pretty lame/boring
embaressing moment: When I started nearly yelling at my [ last new of 3 yrs] polling place for not having my name down for the *second* time in a row [ 2 yrs] < i apologized after I finished sort of ranting >
random experience: the time I met Billy Ficca [Telivsion drummer] driving a cab that I grabbed for a work errand// climbing over from the front passenger's seat into the back to take oner of the most spectacular sunset Big Country [ wide mesas in the distance of Hopi/Navajo nations >[arizona<]// loaded with 2 week supply or health-type foods on a cold, dark, *windy* November evening from a new [ of very few] wholistic food store near the Hudson ERiver- I pass a film crew by a small four-story Tribrecca building. It has a sign with the international "NO' symbol and a Casper-like ghost inside of it. I love watching filming but I was too tired, I keep going. Little did I know, because I didn't see it in the Movie Thearter, but later on TV --it was Ghostbusters! <this could also quailify as a Creative embaressing moment :ohmy: >
not to leave on that note--Fave Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Indian, Chineese, and some good ole 'merican comfort foods & New American stlye as well

Last edited:
finally did it & ooops

I finally got it done :dance: :dance:

:ohmy: that was suppoesed to be - The Clash!

my long time SWZine/SW fan friends who before the editor went from a paper quarterly-letterzine to website-- those on the Westcoast and those in the Midwest would 'compare' tornado VS Earthquakes :yikes: !

U2 Kitten- thank the Power you got out of that [like a movie] Ordeal safely!

Mr LeMon-- reaL cool band performance photo!

everyone one has very nice pics of themselves, don't be so hard on youselves! :tsk: :D

I need some new pics myself, I designed & cut a new hairstyle for myself, reccently!

Once i get them taken & scanned- then I'll have to ask how to get one here, since I only have web-based E-maIL & no computer of my own.

going off to relax [here, that can involve drooling, but not always]

oh, phooo :mad: i see more errors... last *third* of my 40's /
Simple Minds etc was supposed to be in fav music poeple & got transposed // and i was taking *a photo* out of that back car seat :der:

Last edited:
What a cool idea-being relatively new here, it's great to be able to get to know everyone like this!

Name: Julie
Language: English, can fake some French
Nationality: American-mainly French & Welsh(like Edge:hyper: )! ancestory
Job: retail
Transportation: Ford Taurus
Relationship: Recently got out of a bad 12-yr marriage-now holding out for Edge!
Family: Two precious boys-ages 10 & 8, wonderful parents
Pets: a totally worthless cat-he's pretty though!
Hobbies: Movies, U2, reading-Tom Clancy, John Grisham, Micheal Critchton
Favorite People: all of U2(they're just all too great to pick out one-although Bono probably inspires me the most), Johnny Depp, Eddie Izzard(hysterical British comedian!)
Good Quote: Already been mentioned, but I still really love it-from Fellowship of the Ring-"...not all that glitters is gold; not all those who wander are lost..." I also love the line in Beautiful Day-" see the bird with the leaf in her mouth; after the flood all the colors came out..."

Not sure yet how to post a pic, but I'll try to get one soon!

julie

kelly-

cool, you know what it's like then. :yes:

George Takei passed me going up the stairs as I went down the stairs at pssiblely a Creation Con or the first profesional SF/Comics Con I ever went to. I didn't say hi, tho. Too bad, I have heard he is quite a nice guy.

Re: Re: Re: PLEBANS Info Thread, please post!

Name: Barbara
Nationality: Scottish, Caucasian,
Location: Up in the Highlands of Scotland, bout as far north as you can go without falling off the mainland
School: I went to Thurso high school. And hated it with a passion, even though I got good grades
Job: Freelance artist
Transportation: my horse :)
Relationship: single
Family: mum, dad, sister are the immediate ones anyway
Pets: I have two horses, a dog and the cat owns me.
Hobbies: Horseriding, art, music,
Random Experience: Watching Coldplay. That was pretty normal, cept for the 60 year old guy standing next to us wearing nothing but a grass skirt, shouting catchphrases from "Bo Selecta" in between songs.
Random Good Quote: The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse who gets the cheese.
Favorite People: aside from family and friends,Eddie Izzard, Sheryl Crow, Bono, Micheal Stipe, Shirley Manson, Megan Mullally, Ryan Adams, Roddy Woomble, Johnny Vaughn, Courtney Love, Karen O, Wayne Coyne, Billy Connelly and Alan Davies.
Music: Idlewild, R.E.M., Sheryl Crow, Garbage, Hole, Coldplay, The Flaming Lips, Ash, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Keane, No Doubt, Tori Amos, Lauryn Hill,Feeder, Nelly Furtado, Biffy Clyro, Hell is for Heroes.
Fave Movie: As Good As It Gets
Claim to Fame: I know the cat from the movie "Trainspotting"

Hobbies: Listening to music; U2 and most of the 70s rock..The Who is the greatest!

Relationship: I'll just stick to my fantasies for a while:lol:

Pets: The best beagle in the world- Suzy; Black cat- Smudge; 3 hamsters- Bono, Edge, and Sniffy

Family: Best mom; Best dad; Best brother, but he's a butthead:madspit:

Songs: Who Are You; Where the Streets Have No Name

Fave. Men: Roger Daltrey, Pete Townshend, Keith Moon, John Entwistle, Paul Hewson, Dave Evans, Larry Mullen, Adam Clayton....hhhmm...

I cant think of anything else to say. I dont have a pic.

:edge: :heart: :heart: :bono:

Name: Mariana Lessa

Nationality: Brazilian

Language: Portuguese, besides it I speak Spanish and English

School: Champagnat School

Job: at a food selling company

Transportation: my bike hehe :wink:

Relationship: boyfriend, will be 3 years on June 11

Family: big one; family one: mom, step dad, 4 brothers, 5 sisters
family two: dad, step mom, 2 brothers, 2 sisters

Pets: 3 dogs, Mel, Meggie, and Athena

Favorite People: Bono, Edge, Larry, Adam, Stephen King, Fatboy Slim, Moby, Guggi, Jack Nicholson

cool

Name: Carla Marie Yakich
Nationality: Caucasian
Location: formally from Monessen, PA, moved to Youngwood, PA this past September...lol both are roughly 45 minutes from Pittsburgh :)
School: Lock Haven University, 3rd semester freshman. I was home for a semester because of grades. Currently working toward a 2D art major.
Relationship: single and *very* happy
Family: mom and stepdad
Pets: 2 goldfish, a snail that lives in the tank with them and 2 parakeets
Hobbies: Drawing, painting, poetry, anime, U2 most definitely :), Ayumi Hamasaki, reading, writing letters...I'm also a believer :)
Random Experience: Hmmm...I thought I saw Bono in NYC on November 10,2002. :) Long story...I'm hopeful it was him, but I was a tad bit too far to tell and I was too stunned to open my mouth and yell across the street. :) I was in front of the Met..."He" was across the street getting in to a black car..."He" almost clipped a car pulling out,too! ;) <--that's evidence there...lol
Random Good Quote: "learn from yesterday, live for today, dream for tomorrow..."
Favorite People: My mom and Bono
Fave book: Born Confused by Tanuja Desai Hidier
Fave TV show: Queer Eye, Sex and the City, Joan of Arcadia
Fave movie: still Bend it Like Beckham...JRM is so fine!

:) and that's me...I can't post pics yet...so soon I will :)

Last edited:
Name:Bruna
Nationality:Brazilian
Language:portuguese,English and a little bit of Spanish(I'm able to read and understand,but I can't speak or write. :D )
School:University of Juiz de Fora.
Job:I don't have one. :tsk:
Transportation:A green car(peugeot).My friends call it "little lion",because of the noises caused by my lack of ability to change the gear sometimes. :lol: :rolleyes:
Relationship:Single.
Family:mom and dad.
Pets:I've had a dog for ten years,but she died one year ago.Now I'm thinking about getting a fish.
Hobbies:music,books,movies,sea trips....
Favorite People:my mom,Bono,Edge,Adam,Larry and Renato Russo(a brazilian singer/poet)
Most embarrassing moment: Geez...So many!It's hard to pick just one.Most of them involves a car.:lol: Once the side of my car got stuck in a garage door and I couldn't release it.There were lots of people on the street and I had to ask some guys to help me.The rest of people there were looking and asking me if I had a driving license.What a shame! :tsk: :reject: :lmao:

My pic:

3399%3A49923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3A%3D%3C%3A6%3D398%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A6%3C63252ot1lsi

Last edited:
Name: Cristina Cantu (soon to be Sturgess)
Nationality: Mexican American (I have dual citizenship)
Language: Spanish, English, French, some italian, and german
Location: Born in San Antonio, Tx, lived in Dublin, now living in Maryland with my fiance.
School: Went to UTSA but dropped out but will be going back to school in the fall to University of Maryland
Job: I'm an extremely underpaid office manager in search of another job (I basically get paid $12 an hour for doing 3 people's work bleh)
Transportation: I just barely got my license last year LOL (sad I know!) I have a 1996 Black Toyota Tercel which I bought from a coworker...it's a cute little car but it's no Mini Cooper (I wish!)
Relationship: Fiance, 2 years (getting married in June)
Family: mom and dad (no siblings)
Pets: None although I wish I had some *pout*
Hobbies: Singing, partying, reading, watching tv
Random Experience: Well lived in Dublin in 2002 for about 4 months without a job and just partying everyday and meeting the band alot LOL...it was a blast and I would do it again in a heartbeat :D
Random Good Quote: It's a musical journey!
Favorite People: My fiance, family and friends

Dublin55_2.jpg

Last edited:
awww...I love your Bono story!

Mullen-Girl said:
Name: Cristina Cantu (soon to be Sturgess)
Nationality: Mexican American (I have dual citizenship)
Language: Spanish, English, French, some italian, and german
Location: Born in San Antonio, Tx, lived in Dublin, now living in Maryland with my fiance.
School: Went to UTSA but dropped out but will be going back to school in the fall to University of Maryland
Job: I'm an extremely underpaid office manager in search of another job (I basically get paid $12 an hour for doing 3 people's work bleh)
Transportation: I just barely got my license last year LOL (sad I know!) I have a 1996 Black Toyota Tercel which I bought from a coworker...it's a cute little car but it's no Mini Cooper (I wish!)
Relationship: Fiance, 2 years (getting married in June)
Family: mom and dad (no siblings)
Pets: None although I wish I had some *pout*
Hobbies: Singing, partying, reading, watching tv
Random Experience: Well lived in Dublin in 2002 for about 4 months without a job and just partying everyday and meeting the band alot LOL...it was a blast and I would do it again in a heartbeat :D
Random Good Quote: It's a musical journey!
Favorite People: My fiance, family and friends

Dublin55_2.jpg

:wave:

Mini Coops are the coolest cars ever. My friend's mom has one and I want it so badly. :) They're so cute!

PS Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. :)xx

Last edited:
Yay - this is a good idea! Very fun to read about all the PLEBAns and see what you look in "real life"! I've answerd ALL your questions - and made one up myself...Allright, here we go - this is me :wink: :

Name: Dorthe
Nationality: Danish
Language: Danish (native language). Besides danish I "speak" (speak/read/understand/write) english, swedish, norwegian and german - I also know a few words (like numbers, "hello" and so on) in finnish, greenlandic, czech, spannish, italian, bosnian, urdu and arabic... Very international, LOL!
Location: In my apartment in Copenhagen, Denmark - lived in Copenhagen all my life! It's a great city! (<---- look at "Location" under my avatar...)
School: "Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences" - full time student 4th year...
Job: Have had some small jobs in my summer vacations - nothing exciting...
Transportation: My bike! It's (almost) absolutely impossible to own a car when you're young in Denmark - the cars are very expencive, the gas is very expensive and the insurance... EXPENSIVE! But I looove my bike - It's a copy of a swedish army-bike called "Kronan", it even has a licence-plate (not that bikes need that in Denmark - it's just for fun! LOL): I'm the proud owner of "HK 195"!
Relationship: Still haven't found what I'm looking for... (Sorry, couldn't help it! LOL - what = Mr. Right)
Family: Mom, dad, 2 x grandma, aunt, uncle, cousins... Not such a big family but I love them.
Pets: No. Not allowed in my apartment...
Hobbies:Soccer (I play once a week), telemark-skiing, other sports (like volleyball, badminton, swimming...), YMCA (is leading the local youth-/Y-movie-club), music (especially U2 - but I guess you knew that!), watching movies, hiking and beeing outside in the nature, international politics, conflicts and history (I'm not member of a political party or anything like that - I just like to read about it, keeping updated, following the developments and so on. Especially the conflict in Israel/Palestine...it puzzles me - didn't we learn anything from the building of the Berlin-wall?!)
Favorite People:Family, friends, Bono, Edge, Adam, Larry, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Aung San Suu Kyi and everyone else who fights for freedom and human rights!
Favorite movie:... Hmmm... Right now it's "Schindlers List" and LOTR I guess, but it changes all the time...
Favorite book:Well, I don't have the time to read other books than my school books... But my best friends brother have written a book, I've got a copy with a greeting inside it, and I means a lot to me...
Favorite food: Whatever my mom is cooking!!! LOL
Favorite song: Right nows it's "When the stars go blue" with Bono and Andrea Corr, but i changes all the time (but always to a U2 or U2-related song!)
Favorite musicians besides U2: R.E.M, Phil Collins (This man really knows his way around a drum-kit!), Queen, Rolling stones, Beatles and some danish bands and musicians... I listen to a lot of music, but these are the favorites - but they're all way behind U2!
Favorite lyric: "Grace makes beauty out of ugly things", "Free at last, they took your life - they cuold not take your pride" and "You broke the bonds - And you loosed the chains - Carried the cross of my shame"
Favorite TV-shows: M*A*S*H, Band of Brothers, Friends...
Favorite outfit: Skiing-outfit... Oh yeah!
Random Experience: A little history about how people may not be what you first thought: I had my work-experience in 9th grade in the danish army. One night we were out on a excercise - it's was february, raining like :censored: and we were walking around in knee-high mud - and we had to cook our dinner in a hole we made in the ground so the "the enemy" didn't see the light from the fire. That resulted in a lot of dirt and other things in the dinner - but hey, we were very hungry so we ate it... The next day - back at the barracks - we should watch a real room inspection at the privates barracks. So there I stood, ready to watch the room inspection, all the privates lined up and the very hard and strict sergeants ready for inspection - and all of the sudden I felt really sick and just had to :barf: (I later figured out that it probably was because of all the dirt in the dinner!) - and I didn't know where the toilet was!!! So I was standing there and :barf:-ing all over the floor - my sergeant (a very small but strong man, not so much older than myself) came running, grabbed me in the collar and dragged me to the toilet so fast that my feet couldn't follow!!! He stayed with me in the toilet and when I had finished my "buisness" I just thought "OH NO! He's gonna give me the biggest bollocking (<--- don't know if thats the right word?!) in my life!!!" because he had been so hard and strict the whole week... But he just put his hands on my shoulders, looked me straight in the eyes, smiled and said: "Are you allright?"
Random Good Quote: I don?t wan?t my kids asking me ?Why did you let 25 million people die for the supidest reason, money?? ~ Bono
Most embarrasing moment: See "Random experience" and of course the time when I was in Tunesia with my high school and said - when we drove through some kind of savanna landscape: "Oh, this looks very much like Africa!" LOL
Where would I like to live: Norway...
Best U2 experience: Hmmm.... Well, maybe it this one because it was so much fun: I was in Prauge last summer with the YMCA on a festival and there had been A LOT of rumours the U2 was gonna play a small concert. At the concert night we still didn't know which band that was gonna play the concert, so me and a friend who is also a U2 fan really hoped that it was them.... We're standing infront fo the stage and it's completely dark - right next to the stage there is a big open space. All of the sudden we hear a helicopter, it's flying very low and it's coming in our direction! Me and my friend go: "IT'S THEM!!! IT'S U2!!! IT'S THEIR HELICOPTER!!! THEY'RE GONNA LAND RIGHT NEXT TO THE STAGE AND GIVE A CONCERT!!!" Need I say it was NOT U2 - in fact the helicopter didn't even land, it just flew very low right over us! We lauged so much afterwards and still do when we talk about it! LOL ... And I'm still waiting for my first REAL U2 concert!!
First concert: With a danish musician... can't remember when it was...
Claim to fame: Viggo Mortensen is also from Denmark and I have a friend that lived in Dublin for 6 months - she sat right behind Bono and Edge at a soccer game...

And the question I made up myself...

History behind Interference name: Merc - It's short for Mercury. I jused it in the old zoo as well... And why I chose Mercury? Because of Freddie, the chemical element and the ancient roman god...

So, here is the pic - it's taken just before a prom at uni (I haven't got my hair up like that every day! lol)...

339%3A4%3B%3B523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A8%3A6%3A392ot1lsi

Re: Re: PLEBANS Info Thread, please post!

Merc said:
Yay - this is a good idea! Very fun to read about all the PLEBAns and see what you look in "real life"! I've answerd ALL your questions - and made one up myself...Allright, here we go - this is me :wink: :

Name: Dorthe
Nationality: Danish
Language: Danish (native language). Besides danish I "speak" (speak/read/understand/write) english, swedish, norwegian and german - I also know a few words (like numbers, "hello" and so on) in finnish, greenlandic, czech, spannish, italian, bosnian, urdu and arabic... Very international, LOL!
Location: In my apartment in Copenhagen, Denmark - lived in Copenhagen all my life! It's a great city! (<---- look at "Location" under my avatar...)
School: "Danish University of Pharmaceutical Sciences" - full time student 4th year...
Job: Have had some small jobs in my summer vacations - nothing exciting...
Transportation: My bike! It's (almost) absolutely impossible to own a car when you're young in Denmark - the cars are very expencive, the gas is very expensive and the insurance... EXPENSIVE! But I looove my bike - It's a copy of a swedish army-bike called "Kronan", it even has a licence-plate (not that bikes need that in Denmark - it's just for fun! LOL): I'm the proud owner of "HK 195"!
Relationship: Still haven't found what I'm looking for... (Sorry, couldn't help it! LOL - what = Mr. Right)
Family: Mom, dad, 2 x grandma, aunt, uncle, cousins... Not such a big family but I love them.
Pets: No. Not allowed in my apartment...
Hobbies:Soccer (I play once a week), telemark-skiing, other sports (like volleyball, badminton, swimming...), YMCA (is leading the local youth-/Y-movie-club), music (especially U2 - but I guess you knew that!), watching movies, hiking and beeing outside in the nature, international politics, conflicts and history (I'm not member of a political party or anything like that - I just like to read about it, keeping updated, following the developments and so on. Especially the conflict in Israel/Palestine...it puzzles me - didn't we learn anything from the building of the Berlin-wall?!)
Favorite People:Family, friends, Bono, Edge, Adam, Larry, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr., Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Aung San Suu Kyi and everyone else who fights for freedom and human rights!
Favorite movie:... Hmmm... Right now it's "Schindlers List" and LOTR I guess, but it changes all the time...
Favorite book:Well, I don't have the time to read other books than my school books... But my best friends brother have written a book, I've got a copy with a greeting inside it, and I means a lot to me...
Favorite food: Whatever my mom is cooking!!! LOL
Favorite song: Right nows it's "When the stars go blue" with Bono and Andrea Corr, but i changes all the time (but always to a U2 or U2-related song!)
Favorite musicians besides U2: R.E.M, Phil Collins (This man really knows his way around a drum-kit!), Queen, Rolling stones, Beatles and some danish bands and musicians... I listen to a lot of music, but these are the favorites - but they're all way behind U2!
Favorite lyric: "Grace makes beauty out of ugly things", "Free at last, they took your life - they cuold not take your pride" and "You broke the bonds - And you loosed the chains - Carried the cross of my shame"
Favorite TV-shows: M*A*S*H, Band of Brothers, Friends...
Favorite outfit: Skiing-outfit... Oh yeah!
Random Experience: A little history about how people may not be what you first thought: I had my work-experience in 9th grade in the danish army. One night we were out on a excercise - it's was february, raining like :censored: and we were walking around in knee-high mud - and we had to cook our dinner in a hole we made in the ground so the "the enemy" didn't see the light from the fire. That resulted in a lot of dirt and other things in the dinner - but hey, we were very hungry so we ate it... The next day - back at the barracks - we should watch a real room inspection at the privates barracks. So there I stood, ready to watch the room inspection, all the privates lined up and the very hard and strict sergeants ready for inspection - and all of the sudden I felt really sick and just had to :barf: (I later figured out that it probably was because of all the dirt in the dinner!) - and I didn't know where the toilet was!!! So I was standing there and :barf:-ing all over the floor - my sergeant (a very small but strong man, not so much older than myself) came running, grabbed me in the collar and dragged me to the toilet so fast that my feet couldn't follow!!! He stayed with me in the toilet and when I had finished my "buisness" I just thought "OH NO! He's gonna give me the biggest bollocking (<--- don't know if thats the right word?!) in my life!!!" because he had been so hard and strict the whole week... But he just put his hands on my shoulders, looked me straight in the eyes, smiled and said: "Are you allright?"
Random Good Quote: I don?t wan?t my kids asking me ?Why did you let 25 million people die for the supidest reason, money?? ~ Bono
Most embarrasing moment: See "Random experience" and of course the time when I was in Tunesia with my high school and said - when we drove through some kind of savanna landscape: "Oh, this looks very much like Africa!" LOL
Where would I like to live: Norway...
Best U2 experience: Hmmm.... Well, maybe it this one because it was so much fun: I was in Prauge last summer with the YMCA on a festival and there had been A LOT of rumours the U2 was gonna play a small concert. At the concert night we still didn't know which band that was gonna play the concert, so me and a friend who is also a U2 fan really hoped that it was them.... We're standing infront fo the stage and it's completely dark - right next to the stage there is a big open space. All of the sudden we hear a helicopter, it's flying very low and it's coming in our direction! Me and my friend go: "IT'S THEM!!! IT'S U2!!! IT'S THEIR HELICOPTER!!! THEY'RE GONNA LAND RIGHT NEXT TO THE STAGE AND GIVE A CONCERT!!!" Need I say it was NOT U2 - in fact the helicopter didn't even land, it just flew very low right over us! We lauged so much afterwards and still do when we talk about it! LOL ... And I'm still waiting for my first REAL U2 concert!!
First concert: With a danish musician... can't remember when it was...
Claim to fame: Viggo Mortensen is also from Denmark and I have a friend that lived in Dublin for 6 months - she sat right behind Bono and Edge at a soccer game...

And the question I made up myself...

History behind Interference name: Merc - It's short for Mercury. I jused it in the old zoo as well... And why I chose Mercury? Because of Freddie, the chemical element and the ancient roman god...

So, here is the pic - it's taken just before a prom at uni (I haven't got my hair up like that every day! lol)...

339%3A4%3B%3B523232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D%3B27%3D664%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3A8%3A6%3A392ot1lsi

ooh I love your hair in that pic!

Thanx!

u2_girlie_2002 said:

ooh I love your hair in that pic!

Thank you very much! :cute: It took sooo long to get it look like that - but it was worth it! :D

Name: Alex
Nationality:Italian-Cuban-Irish
Language: English,spanish
School: Vista Ridge Academy
Job: Micro$oft Beta Tester (windows 7 CTP)
Transportation: Motorized Bicycle
Relationship: Single
Family: mom, dad,younger brother and sister
Pets: 6 ducks, my cat indy
Hobbies: U2,RC cars, guitar,and mechanics, and of course PC's
Random Experience: i was walking in the grass during a gig,and me and my explorer slipped Right on a dogpile
Random Good Quote: "Fuck The Revolution!." ~ Bono
Favorite People: u2, les paul, staff at my school
Most embarrassing moment: about 6 months ago, i was in school, and i got up from my chair,in the PC lab, and i feel a breeze in my
Trailing end. i had ripped my pants clean from zipper to the belt loop on the other side
favorite OS: Windows
Favorite Guitar: My 1979 Black metallic strat with black pickguard, withe pickups and knobs, and maple neck
Favorite outfit:
The Fly Suit:D

Back
Top Bottom