Pleban introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GraceRyan

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I wasn't sure where else to put this so feel free to move it if I'm wrong. I know most of you seen me here posting pictures or links - and usually getting into trouble for it! I've been on Interference since 2005 - but probably longer as a 'guest'. Some short facts about me.

How long a fan? Since I heard Surrender on WBCN in 1983. I became a more rounded fan during Joshua Tree. I've liked other bands over the last 28 years, but U2 has been the longest relationship I've ever had. I was in the original Propaganda where you filled out what shows you wanted and sent the form back. Anyone remember that?

How many shows? Not as many as I want. 3 Zoo TVs, no POP, 3 Elevation, 6 Vertigo, 2 360 - with hopefully 2 more planned.

Band member I gravitate towards: Since Leatherfest 2010, Bono. I think I was 'assigned' Edge when I was in grade school by a friend who liked Bono. Luckily, her love for Duran Duran won over, and I could make my own choices. I was all about Bono Vox until 2001 when I sort of wavered. Edge looked good for awhile but my friend would have killed me. Around mid-Elevation tour, I took a shine to Larry. I even stayed with him through the greasy Vertigo days. So happy when he emerged with short hair before the Australian Vertigo dates. Then I had a strange dream about Bono in early summer of 2010 and he came out of surgery wearing leather. Shh. My husband doesn't know. Bono annoys him so much that he might actually think I'm cheating on him by crushing on Bono again.

Um, what else is there to know about me? I have a daughter who will be 3. I recently became a runner and completed a marathon with a lot of help from live U2 - specifically - The Cry/Electric Co and Running to Stand Still into Streets.

I think that's about it for me. I look forward to getting to know some of you better as I bounce around and not just sit in Pleba all day. Perhaps I can meet up with you in Montreal (if I go) and in Moncton (which only a natural disaster would keep from).

Thanks if you read any of this. :wave:

Amy

Hi from another Amy!:wave:

I've seen you around, and that was ridiculious about the pic posting thing! :crack: You were not in the wrong at all!

A lot of pleba will be coming to Montreal, so it would be really great if you could make it!:up:

Hotel are cheap since we have tickets to Thursday night. That way I can be all fangirly for Montreal and spare my husband that in Moncton.

Welcome to Plebanworld :wink: You fit right in.
And wow, kuddos for sticking with Larry in vertigo-grease-mullet-mode.
(I'm guilty of liking Bono and Edge during that years so yeah, no complaints here)

Thanks everyone! I wasn't very imaginative when coming up with a username 6 years ago. If I could do it over, I would pick something cooler like punkroxmum.

Around mid-Elevation tour, I took a shine to Larry. I even stayed with him through the greasy Vertigo days. So happy when he emerged with short hair before the Australian Vertigo dates. Then I had a strange dream about Bono in early summer of 2010 and he came out of surgery wearing leather. Shh. My husband doesn't know.

This makes so much sense after reading Please XD

It's not easy when Mr. Ryan makes fun of Bono and I have to bite my tongue. My daughter did point to my computer one day while I was looking at American Idol photos. She pointed at Bono and said, "Is that daddy?" I thought, well...you'd have a bigger backyard if that was true.

Edit: And my husband looks nothing like Bono. I've heard someone say he looks like a mashup of David Hasselhoff and Seth Rogen.

:giggle: I enjoy your daughter thinking Bono's her dad...oh man. Maybe because you look at pictures of him so much?

^This. Call me addict. Talking about addict. I just passed my 8 k posts!

I think I was 'assigned' Edge when I was in grade school by a friend who liked Bono.

Super LOL - I went out on my own for him and got teased to shit when I was in highschool because of it.

Now, all my best friends are Bonogirls.

How funny is that?

(And I wish I could find them to ask what they think of Mr. The Edge NOW? ;) )

Super LOL - I went out on my own for him and got teased to shit when I was in highschool because of it.

Now, all my best friends are Bonogirls.

How funny is that?

(And I wish I could find them to ask what they think of Mr. The Edge NOW? ;) )

I was a Larry gal for 10 years. I was Edge for a few months, but I know if my friend (major Edge-head) found out, she would kick my ass. I switched to Larry after that. I was having issues with Bono's mullet during Elevation. And how I didn't switch to Edge during Vertigo. Both Larry and Bono had a very awkward stage.

I've been a Bono girl for over 30 years, from the beginning. But . . . over the years Adam, Edge, and Larry have all become VERY attractive men. So now I'm an Equal Opportunity Perver! :drool:

Adam is the only one that never did it for me. I guess I am more Bono gal than anything. Almost 16 years - maybe not consecutive....but still.

I'm sorry, but I still frickin love THIS.

734749269_76pfu-XL.jpg

I was such a weird kid. :D

Back
Top Bottom