Photo question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheLoungeFly

The Fly
Hello! It looks like this is the place to go to talk about pictures, so I was hoping somebody could help me identify this photo:

34484_320.jpg

(I really hope that this picture actually shows up when I post this, but I'm technology challenged, so if you can't see it, please let me know.)

I found this and saved it from another thread that was tagged with "MacPhisto" (searching for that tag was how I found it, actually), but the thread didn't have any details on where the photo came from or what the story behind it is.

Does anyone happen to know anything about it?

It definitely looks to me like Bono's wearing MacPhisto's ruffly shirt, but since he isn't wearing makeup, is it safe to assume that he isn't in character? Is he just wearing a red shirt? Is he waiting for makeup? Was this taken after ZooTV, years later? Or was it taken during ZooTV, before or after a show?

I know nothing, and it puzzles me. So any insight would be awesome!

Thank you! :D :macdevil:

I tried using Photobucket instead of LiveJournal that time. I just copied and pasted the IMG code. It shows up on my end, but like I said, I really have no idea what I'm doing! :lol: :huh:

He wore this in the video for Mysterious Ways, so maybe it's from that time, though I really don't know. The video images are very distorted so there's hardly any chance to really see it in the video, but you can a bit here.

bonoblackleatherredshirt.jpg~original

bonomysteriousways2.jpg~original

bonomysteriousways6.jpg~original

ABbookAC16.jpg~original

mysteriousback.jpg~original

Also that photo was part of one used as an early image on the cover of the book U2 by U2, but the cover was later released with a different cover. I know that's no help on the origin of the photo, but thought I'd throw that bit of info in!

u2byu2original.jpg~original

Also worn in concert without Macphisto makeup.

ZOOROPAaedgenbonored.jpg~original

bonoredchampagne.jpg~original

Another photo of it?

bonoredshirtachtung.jpg~original

I hope you find the answer!

Last edited:
It is definitely from an Anton photoshoot, the photo itself is in U2 and I as well I think. I'm afraid I can't look into that as it is already packed in a box in the attic in preparation of a future move, but maybe someone else has it and can check?

It is definitely from an Anton photoshoot, the photo itself is in U2 and I as well I think. I'm afraid I can't look into that as it is already packed in a box in the attic in preparation of a future move, but maybe someone else has it and can check?

I can look. Good memory Gg! :D

Hmm did you mean U2 by U2? I just looked there and don't see it there. I'll check U2 & i next.

no I think it was in U2&I as I said.. but maybe I'm confusing things though. I just recall Anton talking about this photo somewhere.. and I thought it was U2&I but now I'm not sure.

For some reason I have the One video shoot in mind.. no idea where that came from.

no I think it was in U2&I as I said.. but maybe I'm confusing things though. I just recall Anton talking about this photo somewhere.. and I thought it was U2&I but now I'm not sure.

For some reason I have the One video shoot in mind.. no idea where that came from.

Oh, I read your original post wrong, sorry. Checking U2 & i now!

Edit: I don't see it in that book either.

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much for helping me track down this picture! And thank you for letting me know about the Mysterious Ways video, because I've never seen it before and I never would have thought to look there! You guys are awesome! :D:heart:

Back
Top Bottom