PGP:we're hanging with penguins while waiting for U2 to show up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then how exactly would you explain Schweitzerdeutsch? :lol:

I'd describe it as a simplified German dialect. Only two grammatical tenses, and up to three words are just pronounced as one. Some loan words for a shorter equivalent of long German words and you're all set. Simple! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd describe it as a simplified German dialect. Only two grammatical tenses, and up to three words are just pronounced as one. Some loan words for a shorter equivalent of long German words and you're all set. Simple! [emoji23][emoji23]

Yet you pronounce most words completely differently from the German pronounciation! :lol: That's what makes it so confusing for me!

Yet you pronounce most words completely differently from the German pronounciation! :lol: That's what makes it so confusing for me!

That is true. But I think it's mostly from combining words and/or replacing them. Pronunciation is pretty straightforward and regular, although different between all the Swiss dialects.

You might run in some strange elevators like this in Paris

and this in Finland
NnbKL2q.jpg

:lol::lol:

:wave: :wave:

My passport arrived on 6/18 about 11 days earlier than even the expediting fees stated arrival date of it was! :ohmy:

Been in touch w my aunt (e-mail)...

... my trip has been reserved for Sept 7 - Sept 28 ! :ohmy: :hyper:
Both are non-stop flights.

Wow.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Happy Mid Summer , JJ!

Last edited:
I know I've been away for far too long.

To make an extremely long and painful story short, we lost our home internet back in fall of 2015. (Just got it back this week.) I was using library computers when I could, etc.

This year started off with such potential, as we ended 2015 on a good note, but it quickly went downhill. The last couple of months have been....they've just sucked, for lack of better terms.

2dhy1yc.jpg

I almost couldn't come back here, but I figure I'll start somewhere easy, like PLEBA and maybe branch out again. We carry each other, right?

CK, I saw your name on a mutual friend's FB post and thought "Hm, she hasn't been around much" and quickly saw the news from there. I'm so very sorry for your awful loss.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Ohhhhh, CK... :sad:

:hug::hug::hug: for you & your kids. :(

I've thought of you off & on since u had to 'drop out'
bc of losing @home Net service last year.
I missed your (then) last actual post - in my running through lots of
stuff here and other net sites when I had net access elsewhere
[none@home] i missed it ,caught jj's reply to you at the
time instead.

damn....

FUCK YOU, CANCER :scream: :crack:

You'll be in my thots & prayers.
I'm glad you have gotten a lot of love &
support from people. :hug: (so important!)
And will pick some U2 songs to play later on today.

Last edited:
So got a question for my Euro buds ...

it's been suggested that I buy an inexpensive cellphone when I'm over there.
Need one I can get a prepaid service, too, like I have here at home (T-moble).

Thoughts, please. :) Thanks

Last edited:
Just go to shop and take a look on Lumias/Microsoft phones, 500 series are really cheap, also check out android phones, remember to ask for unlocked ones ;)

Microsoft Lumia 550 is 87 euros here, 4.7 screen and windows 10

Huawei Ascend Y360 is 65 euros, android phone

Last edited:
Just to make sure that they arent locked into some carrier only, like when buying a new phone you can get it really cheap if its locked on that carrier where you buy it.

Those are quite rare but ask anyway, just ask if can use other companys sim card ;)

So got a question for my Euro buds ...

it's been suggested that I buy an inexpensive cellphone when I'm over there.
Need one I can get a prepaid service, too, like I have here at home (T-moble).

Thoughts, please. :) Thanks

Why do you need to buy an entire phone when you already have one? Just buy a cheap european sim card and put it in your own phone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom