PGP: Watching the Aurora Borealis, and hoping for a U2 Album someday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not been in Equator but was in Antarctica around Vertigo tour, took a cruise from Ushuaia Argentina. Damn what waves on way there but loved the penguins but God they smell horrible........ old fat to protect them so smells like 2 months old butter left in the sun.... :lol::lol:

That's good to know--I never heard penguins described like that! :lol:

Just goes below horizon here where I live but bright nights for few weeks in summer and total blackout in winter :D
Got it? thanks.

Total Winter Blackout:
Then out comes the Heavy Metal Music!
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:D

Not been in Equator but was in Antarctica around Vertigo tour, took a cruise from Ushuaia Argentina. Damn what waves on way there but loved the penguins but God they smell horrible........ old fat to protect them so smells like 2 months old butter left in the sun.... :lol::lol:
I remember you telling us that! :lol:

Hey, Ms Purrl :wave:

I did get to visit my sis. :up:
We sat near the water in the park next to her building. Then we had a yummy dinner at the restaurant in the corner of her building. Finally upstairs to watch the
Macy's July 4th fireworks, I think someone else's afterwards.
Lovely time.

Last edited:
First snow is here :love::love::love:
bf5ghZR.png

:wave: JJ

Been a slow blah kind of month. Don't have
as much energy when daylights saving time goes away
:sigh:

Just beginning to readjust.
Hope u r are well. Doggo good, too?

We got excited when (us in NYC area) might get a glimpse of the Aurora B but the forecast that gave us
a #7 turned into a real #4. :sigh:

Hello to Ms Purrl and any "errant" visitors. :D

:wave:
Hope everyone is safe, and well!

JJ - I got something for you! :lol:

Look up on YouTube. - "Destroy Everything".
It's a heavy metal song with a video of cats destroying things, and sometimes attacking their humans. :lol:
I think you'll like it!

I've felt no creative energy from much of Nov '21 through mid Jan '22. Finally the first extra half hour of sunlight (sets after :hyper: 5PM) now is perking up my creative urges. :applaud:

:wave: *cough* all *cough*

JJ You Finlanders - nervous about Putin?

I'm half 2nd gen Ukrainian American. I don't want our troops there but I'm glad the US, and other countries are supplying other things.

Hope you're safe, and healthy.
Same for our infrequent other Pleabans! :wave:

:ohmy:

:wave: JJ
:D

Howdy. Hope you are well. :up:
Is the snow gone yet?

We have flowering cherry trees now, before many trees start leafing out.
Very little snow this winter - which may, or may not be due to climate change I'm not complainng only bc my winter boots died at the end of the previous winter. I never replaced them. I can save up for new ones. ?

:wave: Hi, too, to Ms Purrl, and any one else.

Still snow here and 60 cm of ice at sea so still icefishing. Sun is warming up nicely on daytime, supposed to up to 15C next week. Fun to icefish and sunbathe at same time with no shirt on :D

Ha, that's sort of visual contradiction!
By now ice is gone?

Sorry that Putin is giving your country guff! :(

How's your doggo?
Garden perking up?
New baby hedgehogs?

Be safe!

:wave: Ms Purrl and anyone else dropping in.

:wave: Sorry, been on and off in hospital, nothing life threathning though, just annoying nerve pain. Feeling better now so watch out :D

Hi, anybody?!

JJ!
I just heard/read on my Democratic voters (Not Party affiliated) that a lot of Russians are at your borders!!!

Very glad you don't live near there! :hug:

Btw while I don't know if I have any cousins back there but I am a half 2nd gen Ukrainian-American (my dad).
So I've been following the war. :( We have a "Little Ukraine" down in the East Village, if there still wasn't Covid I'd have gone there as I've visited in the past.
(my mom was 2nd gen Greek-America)

.Hope you are well, and have had fun walks in the woods; berry picking, mushroom gathering, etc. Hope your doggo is good, too. :up:

Last edited:
Hi, anybody?!

JJ!
I just heard/read on my Democratic voters (Not Party affiliated) that a lot of Russians are at your borders!!!

Our border with russia is closed and almost all of their military near border was sent to Ukraine. So nothing to worry :hug: + we'd kick their arses anyway :lol:

First snow came :hyper::hyper::wave:
Ok, then! :applaud:
Snowman in your backyard?:lol:

Our border with russia is closed and almost all of their military near border was sent to Ukraine. So nothing to worry :hug: + we'd kick their arses anyway :lol:
:lol:Good! :hug:

Yes, I did here your border closed!
But when I posted your border was still open!

Be well, crank up your Metal music!

Back
Top Bottom