PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
11694876_823709301041189_6829803098685925108_n.jpg

Here's a teaser. We'll call it my band gifts. :lol:

:hyper::clap: Congrats CK!! Look like You got even more than you bargained for !! Awesome.
I was just browsing through instagram and all i saw was people with expensive vip tickets meeting the band.. Almost made me think that if You dont have a lot of money its impossible to actually meet them. But You and i Both dont have a lot and are actually trying ( and you succeeding ) to make our dreams come.true with what little reaources we have. :hi5: I salute ya.

:hyper::clap: Congrats CK!! Look like You got even more than you bargained for !! Awesome.
I was just browsing through instagram and all i saw was people with expensive vip tickets meeting the band.. Almost made me think that if You dont have a lot of money its impossible to actually meet them. But You and i Both dont have a lot and are actually trying ( and you succeeding ) to make our dreams come.true with what little reaources we have. :hi5: I salute ya.

All I did was what I've been doing. Went and camped out at meet and greet. I got SO BLESSED. Adam was amazing. Simply amazing. He saw my hat and it was all he could do not to make a beeline for it! :lol:

I got lucky during UTEOTW when B was tearing out pages. He threw them right over our heads and one fluttered onto the stage near me. I asked security to snag it for me and the guard was kind enough to do so. ( It's from Paradise Lost by John Milton for those curious. )

The drumstick was handed to me by one of Larry's techs (not Sam) during the estage teardown while the band was doing Bullet. Tapped me on the shoulder (I was looking up towards the screen) and handed me the stick, pointing at my son. Either the techs or Larry must have seen him right up on the rail.

The best moment ever, for me, though....was MW. Adam saw my hat AGAIN since we were right on the South side rail (to the left of Larry's drumkit) and once again, couldn't help but make a straight line to me! He stood DEAD IN FRONT OF ME and was shaking his hips and playing! And I was singing right to him, word for word. He saw me singing and gave me the infamous head nod and smile! He did it just for me and I swear, we were the only two people in the arena at that moment. Even my hubby said after the show, "if he didn't already know you before, he sure as hell does now! he'll ALWAYS recognize that hat!"

I have a few good shots of Adam signing my shirt as well as Lil' CK's final report card (his teacher wrote a note to him telling him to enjoy his Chicago trip & U2 shows). I was blessed to have Sharon (@dreams_out_loud on twitter) and Deena (@ontheroadwithU2 on twitter) with me in both the m&g line as well as with me in GA! They ended up right behind us (we were on the rail) and I was able to squeeze Sharon into the rail with me! Was an experience of a lifetime.

I also have video of Adam & I thanks to Deena. I will never ever ever be able to thank her enough. :heart:

OMG :faint: we were in Door County, WI on Sat afternoon, about 250 miles away, and instead of driving West towards home on Sunday we drove 250 miles back to Chicago! Had seats behind the stage last night in an upper level but front row of that level. I was deliriously happy all day yesterday that my friend agrees to drive back, spend $100 on a ticket and hang out at the arena with me. We saw Adam and Bono arrive and got in early to hear sound check too!!!! That was a complete surprise. We were asked to sign up for an app called ride and by doing that we were given early entrance to the arena. Couldn't view anything but it was so awesome to hear it! I still can't believe I was there last night! We both have to be back to work tomorrow and we have a 6 hour drive home so we are on the road and definitely not staying for tonight. Gloria and Lucifer's Hands! Wow....

Oh and I apologize in advance if I clicked a random smilie :sexywink: I barely slept the past few nights and am on the biggest U2 highe right now! Bring on Toronto!!! Monday night can't come soon enough!!!!

arw!!! Haha, fantastic, those kind of impromptu - last minute decisions are the best.
Fantastic you both had a blast. You picked a great night to go back to Chicago.

it's was such a great experience last night. I was in such shock I was there the whole day even thru the end of the show. It was just a joyful feeling to be in that building after leaving it on Thursday with no plans to go back on Sunday. I didn't care where I was when I bought the tickets; we were going for price more than anything. I ended up getting ones under our budget and to top it off they were front row of that section. I can't even tell you how many times I thanked my friend for giving up a day of our vacation to drive backwards to see U2. We had very little sleep last night and a long drive today but it was so worth it. My friend wasn't all that into the show in terms of the music but she took some great pics for me.

But after all was said and done, night 2 was my favorite setlist and experience. We were north side catwalk in the center. Honestly for anyone that hasn't gone yet, the catwalk is really where to be. Sure the main stage and e stage are great but once the band is done in those areas you can't see much. Bono, Edge, and Adam spend a good deal on the catwalk while obviously it's harder for Larry so he's on there during set songs. I wanted Bad in a very bad way and got it. Same with Out of Control. Hearing Lucifer's Hands and Gloria last night was equally great and definitely unexpected for both. But the other two songs are in my top 10 favs and I got to hear them in the same night and rail of the catwalk. Show two was just the overall package of rail and songs I wanted. Night 1 was just that nervous excited feeling of finally being back at a U2 concert so it's pretty much a blur.

Night 1 was just that nervous excited feeling of finally being back at a U2 concert so it's pretty much a blur.

Night 1 was utterly amazing, but the fact that I got GA estage rail for night 2 AND managed to meet band members the same day kind of blows everything else out of the water. Adam looking at me like I was the only one in the entire arena? Killed it. Utterly fucking killed it. I am so damn spoiled for any future gigs, lol!

I still can not believe he signed TWO (!!) things for me -and- that Lil' CK got a drumstick! So freaking spoiled omg. No other band in the world can come close. :reject:

They are debuting so much songs in a short amount of time! :up: Lovely

I was hoping they'd save it for TO but God *damn* that sounded amazing last night!

Have I mentioned how much I love Periscope and Mixlr? The technology jump is amazing! :love:

I can't jump on the periscope bandwagon yet, I'd have to wait until they perform at normal times :lol:

So....I totally met Adam on Thursday. :shifty:
(And Bono, and Larry. Oh and Edge on Wednesday)

And Adam was playing to me during MW. It was the greatest moment ever. Didn't take any pics of the show because I was too busy being ON THE GA RAIL and loving my life.

I have pics up on my FB...should I bring them over here? :hmm:

omg:cheer: :yippie::yippie::yippie:

How fantastic!

YES PLS Bring some of your PHOTOS HERE

fb is sort of pointless to me WHEN I don't have a working computer right to get on it and have one more thing to keep up with in my limited time on line

HOPEFULLY Solved in next month or so

but prob not in time for U2 @ MSG :sad:

HOpefully 8 shows of u2 here WILL give me the Opportunity to finally see Bono CLOSE enough in The Daytimeto :drool: SEE his Blue eyes even with lighter colored shades on :D BEEN LUCKY enough to meet him previously

ALso love to also re-meet Edge :drool:

NOT THAT Id turn down a chance yo re-meet Ads & Lars too! :wink:

I think I prefer Mixler to Periscope. The video feeds are always really skippy and blurry, but the audio feeds come through nice and clear and SO charged with energy. But I live in an area with terrible broadband, so maybe that's why the feeds appear so rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom