PGP: Meet me at the e stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both shows were incredible. For personal reasons, Friday night was other worldly for me. :heart:

Night 1 I was on the e-stage rail north side. Then I wandered up front for the encore. Last night I had a seat, but through....magic :shifty:, I wound up on the floor south side. I was out by the e-stage for when Bono came out, then hung back against the RZ rail.

I was with you in spirit, so happy you got the experiences you did :heart::drool:

You used that old Pleban charm didn't you :sexywink:

I'm so excited for next week , always wanted to see them in New York and see the city itself :hyper:

I was with you in spirit, so happy you got the experiences you did :heart::drool:

You used that old Pleban charm didn't you :sexywink:

I'm so excited for next week , always wanted to see them in New York and see the city itself :hyper:

My charm? Maybe. :shifty:

I'm so excited for you! :hyper:

ETA: fitting that post 26,000 comes in my old stomping grounds. :heart:

I'm going to have to consider getting a 2nd job if they announce a Dublin show. I saw them 10 years ago in Dublin and thought that was good enough but now I'm thinking I want more! It's so fun seeing them in their hometown. :drool: I'm really hoping for another round in the US/Canada. I love to travel to see this band!

Dublin is truly the Holy grail for U2 fans :drool:

YEs , I love to combine traveling with seeing them too. Going to Germany and Belgium last tour was a blast.

I wanne see dublin too! :hyper: one of the things I've been shouting for years. But something always gets in the way for now. Same with California.
But hey.. I'm 23. I only just started earning a normal wage. :lol:

Yes You must :yes:

I count myself very fortunate to have seen them in Dublin every tour since Popmart and Slane of course , my hubby will kill me if i don't say it's actually in County Meath (where he's from) rather than in Dublin :lol:

Oh you guys. It was amazing.....it's totally unreal and I am so exhausted after only two shows! I was sooo close. How close? Close enough to see the individual fuzz on Edge's arms and the IEM taped to the back of his neck. Will post all my photos when I upload!

So glad you enjoyed you shows :D

Dublin is truly the Holy grail for U2 fans :drool:

Yes You must :yes:

I count myself very fortunate to have seen them in Dublin every tour since Popmart and Slane of course , my hubby will kill me if i don't say it's actually in County Meath (where he's from) rather than in Dublin :lol:

So glad you enjoyed you shows :D

Must lose the Dublin virginity then. (what GG calls it)

Must lose the Dublin virginity then. (what GG calls it)

sWSwiMT.gif

Those shows were good. I did North and South. I think Friday was a little better too. It seemed like they rushed through the second half of the show AND dropped a song on Saturday. Never mind that at the beginning of Bullet I thought Bono had a stroke. Took him 3 tries to get the opening words right.

I have come to realise that I am too farking old for multiple shows - especially back to back.

I'm so excited! On my way to Boston for shows 3&4. It's been 23 years since I've last seen the band. Really looking forward to seeing them again!

Those shows were good. I did North and South. I think Friday was a little better too. It seemed like they rushed through the second half of the show AND dropped a song on Saturday. Never mind that at the beginning of Bullet I thought Bono had a stroke. Took him 3 tries to get the opening words right.

I have come to realise that I am too farking old for multiple shows - especially back to back.

Now you did both North and South... What are the pro's and cons? Of each?
I'm ubershort and whenever possible want to try to avoid standing in front of a huge security guy or a lot of equipment like receivers/camera's.

@Rhiannnon, that's some time! Must have been awesome to see them during zootv!

I'm so happy I decided to wander up front for the encore on Friday. I got to spend it with you! :)

You're right about Saturday. It was a great show, just....weird. COBL into Bullet was the weirdest transition ever. I was pissing myself laughing at Bono's screwups of Bullet. :lol:

Speaking of Dallas, on Friday night he walked right up to me and handed me a pick! :ohmy: :faint: I've never met him nor am I one of the tour regulars. It was a shock. I was babbling like an idiot about it for 10 minutes. :lol:

Can probably be seen from both sides and on the e stage too. :D

Dunno how the stage layout is, but last tour it was only on Edge's side. :wink: Which is kinda logical, but still. I dunno about you but I'm planning on going to wherever Dallas is. And I should bring some chocolate with me, since he loves that. :D

Dunno how the stage layout is, but last tour it was only on Edge's side. :wink: Which is kinda logical, but still. I dunno about you but I'm planning on going to wherever Dallas is. And I should bring some chocolate with me, since he loves that. :D

I think I'm going to do something craaazy.
I'm going to stand on adams side for at least once. (such Blasphemy) Try before you die baby :lol: Apart from that obviously the E-stage looks muy attractivo.

I'm so happy I decided to wander up front for the encore on Friday. I got to spend it with you! :)

You're right about Saturday. It was a great show, just....weird. COBL into Bullet was the weirdest transition ever. I was pissing myself laughing at Bono's screwups of Bullet. :lol:

Speaking of Dallas, on Friday night he walked right up to me and handed me a pick! :ohmy: :faint: I've never met him nor am I one of the tour regulars. It was a shock. I was babbling like an idiot about it for 10 minutes. :lol:

Dallas is so cool, always has time for fans :love:

i so had to reread that Dallas part i saw ... he walked right up and handed you a :ohmy: ?! :lmao:

So wish i could of been in Boston :sigh:

So many girls i wanna see again missed :sad:

Maybe next year :pray:

Okay, when they go to the E stage, Edge spends a lot of time on Adam's side. It's like they switch sides. I figured since I had GA for 2 nights, I'd try time on each side. You definitely don't need rail. Or if you do, try to step back because the screen along the catwalk is amazing. Even then, being on the floor you miss the overall lighting.

I think I'm going to do something craaazy.
I'm going to stand on adams side for at least once. (such Blasphemy) Try before you die baby :lol: Apart from that obviously the E-stage looks muy attractivo.

:angry: We're gonna have to split up then!

E-stage sounds neat too, though I do want to see the visuals at least once as well. We really need tix to the other two shows as well. :lol:

:angry: We're gonna have to split up then!

E-stage sounds neat too, though I do want to see the visuals at least once as well. We really need tix to the other two shows as well. :lol:

I think getting tickets for the other shows is the solution. I'd love to watch 2 shows from further away so we don't have to line up. And het soms food at the Irish pub etc.

:wave: where were you from originally? :D

did you see them in your previous place (country)?

it's a funny thing people from Europe, So America, Africa, much of Asia but NOT Russia, China, India or Canada experience - that you're just States instead of countries!

GLAD you got to see them here! :hyper:

Yeah, I saw them in the Netherlands when I lived there. Once every tour since 2005.
I'm not that much of a concert goer, I really don't like (the idea of) masses raising their hands just because one person asks them to do so. Even if it's :bono:. :shrug:

But .... still was high in the sky during all U2 concerts I attended. Both literally (on my seats somewhere near the roof) as in a figurative sense. :hyper:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom