In Memorium: my friend is gone !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
:sad::scream::sad:

Actually I'm soooo tired from everything
I've had to do this week I'm tiredly numb for now.:crack:

If it wasn't for the above reason my reaction would be more like the above smilies.
As it'll be sometime, i suppose, before the day/eve/is over or soon after.

My friend *Brenda*

While Brenda wasn't my closest friend - since she was my sis's friend first so I didn't want to work toward that level of friendship (not shoe in on my sis) - she was a good friend and a long time one of about 34 years.

We became friends (from acquaintances) over time>
it might have been a time in my life when I had either less friends than before or after that period /or several were not as available as before < work? College? > - so new ones were welcome!

The way we became friends ?

I was hanging out with my sis & her friends off & on during the early- mid 70's just getting together but it was also.......

...... rock & roll, baby! :hyper:

We> my sis, myself, Bren & Glenn were I thought of us sometimes as "the rock & roll four" !!! :applaud:

Often it'd be us four, and sometimes other friends from Helen's & mine own group along with us!

We started out ? around 74? + or - .
The bands we saw the most together were The Who, Bruce Springsteen & E ST (and his other band) and U2 !!!
But there were others at times as well.

Over these times I'd eventually found out that Brenda & I also had a bunch of other passions in common: jewelry & making our own/ political-social activism/ Intelligent Science Fiction in Media & Literature/ cooking & eating out in NYC.

Brenda became (after being in a company or x years as an Accounting Clerk/ later Accounting Dept. Manager-- mostly through her own study & diligence became an IT Manager for a bunch of years.

She also developed a very :heart: wonderful style of beading; which she sold as well.

I even made a bracelet once with various using some of MY Favorite beads decorative silver beads, gray pearls, gray beads, Labaradorite (a greyish semi-precious gem that often glows <in spots> white-blue, turquoise, and a royal blue, when the light hits it in certain ways) .
BUT I Designed it in her style!

She was an activist. She did a lot of steady long-time work with Amnesty International.

We swapped SF, and bit of Fantasy books (the Darkover series in particular with mixed SF & F), and talked on about various SF series & books we loved for decades.

One of her closest friends turned her on to Indian food. She in turn asked me if I wanted to try it ( 25+ yrs back). I did . Loved it !
SO we spent many a dinner out :drool: at various Northern, later (as they sprung up) Southern and the further multi-regional Indian restaurants as well.

She was a fabulous cook, willing to try new stuff as well.

When our parents no longer did Thanksgiving, they invited Helen over to theirs, and few years later :heart: me as well. I spent 5 Thanksgivings with them & the rest of their familes, including 2008.

Brenda had a wry, sometimes snarky, and sometimes straight out funny sense of humor. OMG we'd laugh & laugh at times! BTW "snarky" is NOT Yet reconized by Spellcheck! :lol:

She supported me also through several very rough times in my life for which I am also *deeply grateful*.

I'm going to miss her very much. : (

I will imagine that she is seating, & standing, dancing and singing besides me when we (the R & R ?3) go to both U2 & Springsteen/ E ST this late Sept/ and early Oct at Giants Stadium.

Rock on, Bren..........:heart:

*THANK YOU* PLEBANS for all your support!

Back
Top Bottom