I'm shaving my hair off...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alisaura

Blue Crack Supplier
... for a good cause :D

I'm participating in the World's Greatest Shave this year (next week, in fact!), which raises money for the Leukaemia Foundation.

I have a profile page on their website, so there will be photos to laugh at:

Sorry.

I've been thinking about doing this for a few years, ever since I sprayed my hair blue for an earlier Greatest Shave event. Enough of my friends have had to go through chemotherapy that I would like to show some solidarity with them and see what life is like with no hair, if only for a few weeks until the mop grows back!

Don't worry, I have several hats on stand-by... :wink:

RESPECT!:up:For you, and for everyone who joins you too!

Good for you! A friend of mine did this late last year and got sponsors for her to shave her hair off. She raised over $5000 for a friend of hers' son going through chemo. :up: I approve and wish I had the balls to do it myself.

I did donate the money I'd saved up for a salon haircut to Dr's w/o Borders after the Hatian Earthquake though :reject:

That is awesome. :up: I do a breast cancer walk on Mother's Day every year.

Good thing you've got hats, winter in Melbourne is not exactly balmy!! :)

I'm hoping my hair will have grown back by the time it gets really cold (by Aussie standards)! It's not that long, should take a couple of months at most... right?? *L*

I just hope it doesn't grow back red or something... not that there's anything wrong with red hair! :wink:

Good for you! A friend of mine did this late last year and got sponsors for her to shave her hair off. She raised over $5000 for a friend of hers' son going through chemo. :up: I approve and wish I had the balls to do it myself.

I did donate the money I'd saved up for a salon haircut to Dr's w/o Borders after the Hatian Earthquake though :reject:

Both of those things are awesome! Well done to you both... and giving up money that you'd saved for something else means a lot. :hug:

I always get the guilts when I've saved up a bunch of money for a holiday... :reject:

And thanks everyone :)

That is awesome. :up: I do a breast cancer walk on Mother's Day every year.

A friend of mine in Scotland does something called a Moon Walk every year... I think it's an overnight walk from Edinburgh to Glasgow, or something like that... and the participants traditionally wear decorated bras outside their clothes. She says it's a lot of fun!

Another friend of mine here is having chemo at the moment for breast cancer, she was expecting to lose her hair after Thursday's dose. We'll have to get a pic as the bald buddies or something. *L*

Incidentally, I have no idea why the link in the first post says "Sorry" - I didn't ask it to say that! It still works though, and sends you to the Greatest Shave site.

Thanks everyone :)

I managed to put a couple more pics on the page... but I know you're all waiting for pics from after the event... which is tomorrow. *eep*

Stupid management posponed the big weekly meeting until next Wednesday... so I still have hair.

I am inordinately annoyed by this. *L*

:whistle:

:shifty:

P3170014sml.jpg

:D

More pics here:

Great Shave - March 2010 pictures by Alisaura - Photobucket

I'm hoping my hair will have grown back by the time it gets really cold (by Aussie standards)! It's not that long, should take a couple of months at most... right?? *L*

I just hope it doesn't grow back red or something... not that there's anything wrong with red hair! :wink:

Damn right there's nothing wrong with red hair! :madwife:

:lol:

This rocks :)

Back
Top Bottom