I need some thoughts/prayers/vibes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi LU :wave:
I`m so sorry to hear that you feel so bad.
I can totally understand the feeling when you just wanna sleep and stay in bed. I think it is a good idea to contact your therapist. If you wanna talk to someone, you have my number, don't hesitate to call me or send me an email.
I'm here for you! :hug:
Don't do anything wrong, there's always a way out!!!
:wave:

Thank you :)

I hope it's getting better. I'm seeing my therapist on a regular basis and I'm going to see my doctor again on Thursday, so I hope there will be some way out. I was feeling so much better a couple of weeks ago, but it has been getting worse for some time now again and sometimes I really feel like I'm going crazy :huh: I cannot even work properly because I cannot concentrate and make all kinds of mistake, and I'm really slow and everything seems just like an enormous effort for me, even the smallest things. The worst thing is I could cry all the time. And I cannot sleep properly, especially in the morning, which is horrible, because you just lay in bed an have all kinds of bad thoughts :|

I really love this forum and I think U2 really help me when I'm down, but sometimes it's just all too much.

Sorry for all this whining. I hope it's getting better soon, at the moment I just cannot stand myself.

LU :hug:

I went through the same kind of thing a few years ago. U2 has really helped me out of it.

:(

:hug:S

if you have to take a min or two at a time once in a while do so.....
an hour at time etc.....

aAlso try to breath as slowly and deeply as you can-- it tells the body you are NOT in danger so that your body relaxes more.

If you can possibly distract yourself with something beautiful, or funny to look at do so, each minute you take yourself away from the pain is a stress reliever on your mind AND body.

and of course keep talking to all your professionals and other supportive people.

If you are not on any medication you might want to look up Borion Homeopathic pills (in little tubes that dispense them), they DO have stuff for Insomoia and for nervousness etc. Because they work on a different level of help they rarely are a problem with regular drugs.
Only occasionally - a regular medications dosage needs to be decreased b/c the Homeopathic pill is making the major improvement so the regulr drug dose becomes too strong.

When you DO feel better again..... write yourself a note/letter reminding yourself that you have had successfully & will continue to recover from these chasms you fall into....

each little step of distraction, help, and relaxing brings you back step by step to a better mental/emotional place.....

.....you WILL walk out into the sunburst street again......:hug:

Thank you :)

I hope it's getting better. I'm seeing my therapist on a regular basis and I'm going to see my doctor again on Thursday, so I hope there will be some way out. I was feeling so much better a couple of weeks ago, but it has been getting worse for some time now again and sometimes I really feel like I'm going crazy :huh: I cannot even work properly because I cannot concentrate and make all kinds of mistake, and I'm really slow and everything seems just like an enormous effort for me, even the smallest things. The worst thing is I could cry all the time. And I cannot sleep properly, especially in the morning, which is horrible, because you just lay in bed an have all kinds of bad thoughts :|

I really love this forum and I think U2 really help me when I'm down, but sometimes it's just all too much.

Sorry for all this whining. I hope it's getting better soon, at the moment I just cannot stand myself.

Sounds like you are doing the right thing. You are heading in a good direction, keep the faith and stay positive. Those little things you are finding difficult to do will get easier, slow down and try to enjoy the moment! Don't feel bad about expressing yourself! Even though we are cyber friends, we do care about you! :hug:

Thanks a lot everyone :)

dazz, thanks, your advice is much appreciated. The breathing, as silly as it may sound, is very important and I'm doing it a lot in therapy because I tend to totally run out of breath when I'm getting anxious. It's really exhausting. Thanks, I even feel a bit better today, even though I miss the sun and the bad weather isn't exactly helpful, but I've arranged some things to look forward to for the next days, so that may help as well. Thanks again. :)

Thanks for all the good wishes. It's basically up and down for me those days, but at least I'm able to work and have some energy. I feel it's getting better and I'm communicating a lot with other people, that helps. Thanks to everyone checking into this thread, thanks for all your well wishes and thoughts. :)

Hey there :)

so sorry to hear you have been having such a rough time of it :hug: big fat positive vibes and rainbows and butterflies and buckets of sunshine being sent your way :)

sounds like you are being kind to yourself and reaching out and getting there little bit by little bit :up:

stay strong and try to remember that you can do it, you can get through it and that there are lots of people pulling for you :hug:

I've been in a really strange and exhausting state of anxiety for some days now, after having a horrible week and being totally overwhelmed by everything and by every little thing that is happening to me right now. Right now, I cannot even concentrate on anything and feel like running around like I'm totally crazy or with my head against a wall :crazy: I'm glad when it's time to go to bed and I'm scared to get up in the morning. It's really hard for me. I've felt so much better in the meantime and I hope this will get better soon. I'll see my doctor on Tuesday and I'm seeing my therapist every week, but sometimes I just feel like not being able to talk about this stuff because I think no one would believe it or take it seriously. Frankly, I just feel like I'm hysterical or overreacting.

Darling, first of all, they will believe you :hug:, Believe they probably have seen worst!

I feel like it is a medical condition and if you are not totally sincere with your doctors they wont be able to help you :hug: so tell them exactly what are you feeling and talk everytime you feel like you need it :D

:hug: Hope everything is OK. :pray: for you :D

That's so nice of you, thank you. I slept well and feel better today, a little more calm, still under a lot of pressure and real tension. On some days it's just really bad, and then there are days where I'm really doing so much better. Going back to work helps, even if it's hard to concentrate sometimes. Thanks for all the good wishes :hug:

It's all a little too much for me right now :sigh:

And as if that wasn't enough, I've lost my voice and cannot even speak today.

I need some time off to relax.

I've been in a really strange and exhausting state of anxiety for some days now, after having a horrible week and being totally overwhelmed by everything and by every little thing that is happening to me right now. Right now, I cannot even concentrate on anything and feel like running around like I'm totally crazy or with my head against a wall :crazy: I'm glad when it's time to go to bed and I'm scared to get up in the morning. It's really hard for me. I've felt so much better in the meantime and I hope this will get better soon. I'll see my doctor on Tuesday and I'm seeing my therapist every week, but sometimes I just feel like not being able to talk about this stuff because I think no one would believe it or take it seriously. Frankly, I just feel like I'm hysterical or overreacting.

As a future doctor (though not a mental health doctor), I want to say this:

Doctors diagnose, they don't judge.
We as individuals tend to judge, which is why we are so hard on ourselves and afraid to open up.

While, I can probably understand a fear to open up to others, I have to say, you don't have to be afraid to open up to a doctor.

You probably already know this, but your mental and emotional state is due to chemical imbalances in your system. Perhaps you have abnormally low amounts of one neurotransmitter and/or abnormally high amounts of another.

Being completely honest about your mental and emotional state will help your doctor determine the proper diagnosis, giving you the treatment you need to help bring your system back to balance.

Your body is usually capable of healing itself, however, when something becomes inhibited, and it isn't able to properly fully function, it needs a little help from the outside to restore it back to health.

Also keep in mind that your self assessment can be impaired by your current state, which is again, why it is all the more important to have more faith in a more objective clinical perspective in a time like this.

I wish you all the best.

^ Thanks, of course you're right. I am a little cautious because of certain experiences I've made within my family. In fact I know that a certain amount of stress, combined with fear, not enough sleep, bad eating habits etc. leads to that state and I know I can and must do something about it, otherwise I won't get out of that vicious circle.

I was in my therapy group today and had some time during the day for myself where I just went out of office, walked around and did some things to clear my head. I'm feeling better now but I know I have to take better care of myself and learn to actually be able to accept the help from others who are professionals. Sometimes it's just very hard for me because I tend to keep stuff to myself, simply out of fear of opening up to others, fear that others won't understand or may regard me as hysterical or overreacting, which I sometimes think of myself as well.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Sometimes it's just good to know people are listening and thinking of you.

Back
Top Bottom