I had a VERY SCARY Week 5-13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
Things ARE MUCH BETTER now.....

A friend and I got our signals mixed up...she was supposed to
drop into PGP et al and pass on the situation but then she thought I
told her not to... ah well
As quick as I can make this....

I felt a bit queasy Sat nite but nothing I hadn't felt from time to time in my life.. Did not sleep well.
By next Morning I woke up with pains in my upper back/neck muscles.
Migrated to shoulders and shoulder cradle. Finally to a bit of sternum muscles and the whole front /front side of rib cage.

Pain killers didn't help much. The day before I had done 80% more rolling about in my wheel chair.

By eve they said I started looking pale. They checked my oxygen level and it was lower than it shoulder be. They tried 2, 3 & 6 liters/hour concentrations.
When i went to the loo, after i got back in my wheelchair I felt the queasiness again, I rolled over to the sink and put my head down on it BUT
in my misery forgot to set at least one wheel brake.

next thing I know I'm looking at tiles on the floor, follow them to see them go up the the wall and realize I AM on the floor ..." Oh, this is NOT right " I thought to myself.

Staff got me up. Doctor came back in..and sent me off to the ER around? 9 pm +. nd theyeventually put me in the ICU.

SO I got CAT scanned for chest and later the next afternoon my head.

Unfortunately while The brain was good ! (YAY) My lungs were not so good :)no:) I had blood clots in them. can barely type that w/o feeling like "yaaaggghhhh"

A friend who has experienced bad asthma ( infrequently) AND Rib Injuries told me when she visited me Mon afternoon that they FEEL VERY SIMILAR.

By afternoon Monday they told me I had 2 choices - because I had started just sweating and sweating as well-- either they would go away on there own in a few days, BUT I could have permanent or long term heart6 damage ( it was working very hard -thus the sweat while just laying in the bed.) OR i could be given (intravenously) a "clot buster" with the possible risk of bleeding out.
sent that evening down the hall to the regular part of the hospital.
After about an hour plus -talking w the doctor, my friend i didn't want hear damage sO I said OK. My friend overheard a bit later the nurses saying that the numbers started to go in the right direction.

BY Tues morning all the rib & sternum pain was GONE>(hallelujah). Through all various tests/monitoring over Tues through weds my heart got better and no permanent damage (hallelujah), and the lungs sounds good again!(hallelujah)

They started reducing my oxygen from 3-2-1 and from 4pm on I was off the oxygen and stayed that way.

Was sent around the hall to one f the the regular floor of the hospital weds evening.. By thurs early evening I was good to go return to my rehab place.

I have batch 9of big emotions like shock/horror, GRATITUDE and some releif.... was feeling a bit fragile but feel better today after 2 gentler sessions of OT & PT> I had a bit shortness of breath but the kind you get after climbing 4 flights of stairs.

They expect that a bit on & off as I increase back to my former level and then surpass it. They'll be monitoring my oxygen and heart for a bu7nch of days in PT. While I had one drop in oxygen by a few points after one set of 2 exercises --once I took some deeper breaths it went back up. As I managed my breathing better and deeper it stayed at the proper levels, and my heart rate remained in normal ranges for exertion and resting phases. HURRRAYYYY :yippie ::yippie:

anyway...I have to be on a different blood thinner for 6 months. The doctor thinks most likely it - they found the (gak) original clot in my leg with the injured ankle. She feels most likely that's it- done deql in 6 months. I do have to get further genetic marker teasing to rule out any pre-disposition BUT NOTHING in my personal and medical history indicates any such thing.

SO yeah what a week! Ultimately on the positive side of returning to good health again.

While I hav had 2 incidents in my life (mid-20's and late 30'S where i was in life threatening situations... i never had had anything medical before . AND I HOPE NOT TO HAVE ANYMORE fot least 30 years or so! :fingerscrossed:

SO any prayers/good wishes/vibes etc you care to send my way are GREATLY appreciated! :)

Holy shite, dazz--that is scary stuff! :yikes:

Being a blood clot survivor myself (had a huge one in my aorta 11 years ago--took three days in the ICU to get it busted and sucked out), I can empathize. Still on blood thinners and monthly clotting tests, but I'll gladly do it if it prevents something like that from happening again.

I'm so glad you're okay! :hug:

Whoa - so scary! I've heard of people getting blood clots - the couple people I know who had probs, they started in their legs too. In hind sight, it's probably good that you fell, so that they'd figure out something was really wrong.

Glad you're better and that they're keeping an eye on things.

:hug:

Sorry to hear what you've just gone through, but sounds like you are on the mend. This is good. :up: That sweating and passing out stuff isn't good. I had a bout of that last year and they never figured out what it was. All tests and scans came out ok. Still, it was so scary having that feeling when everything goes dizzy crazy and the sweating starts then you come to on the floor. I hope it never happens to me again. Stay well. :hug:

:hug::hug: thank you zu & carek!

extra :hug: carek, :yikes:y stuff! may it always remain an 1 time anomalous event!

people can get them in their leg(s), that's why they warn people about moving around on long flights to keep circulation in good roundsby walking up/down the aisle, bent leg lifts (legs on toes- in your seat and stuff).

this is they kind of thing they tend to worry about after such injuries like mine, after many kinds -not all- surgery and way less mobility.

Back
Top Bottom