Guitar Girls thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flybabe

Blue Crack Addict
Come on! I know some Plebans around here play some guitar, I do ,let me know how it is going and what songs you`ve played:rockon:

Last edited:
Well, I own a guitar...but I suck at it better than I can play it.

I only know 3 chords, A, D, and G. I took lessons over the summer, but haven't done much with it since. :(

I wish I could play...

I like to think I can play my guitar. I can play a bit of 'Mothers of the Disappeared' and the intro-y bit to "Miracle Drug" and also the intro to "Plug In Baby" by Muse. (badly!) I just put it through the amp with lots of distortion, then it sounds good! :shrug:
I am a frustrated musician see. I can't keep a beat and can't read music. The closest I ever came to being good at music was playing the recorder when I was about 7. :yikes:

No one knows the H-chord?? hehe....sorry, just had a coke and the caffeine is hitting...that and the pleasure of staring at my avatar too much.....:drool:

gluey said:
No one knows the H-chord?? hehe....sorry, just had a coke and the caffeine is hitting...that and the pleasure of staring at my avatar too much.....:drool:

:lol: TOTALLY thought of posting "i know the H chord!" instead, but I wasn't sure if people would find it funny, so I posted something lame and boring... :shrug:

next time I'll go with my instincts :wink:

I play guitar. The first U2 song I learned on guitar was SYCMIOYO. :D

I'm currently learning Save your scissors by City and Colour

I play very Ege-influenced guitar, but i've been told that i also have my own style. I'm good at playing anything by ear, and i can keep a beat, but i totally suck at playing a "proper" solo. My favorite U2 stuff to play is anything that has that chiming guitar sound. I still need a good delay unit so I can play Streets. :drool:

And that dang H-chord will be the life of me...:mad:

Another PLEBAn guy-guitarist here! ;)

I've been playing for about 5 years and I'm in a band.
We have started to write some original songs but we don't have any place to rehearse yet...

Me (and my brother on the bass guitar) playing Streets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ1nNkaWs1g

Here's our website:
http://hem.bredband.net/stefanpey

I play many U2 songs, but not very much from pre-Joshua Tree, they are a lot harder than the rest of their songs I think.

My first song was "Kite" followed by "Walk On" and "Elevation".

Last edited:
Mucca said:
I play guitar. The first U2 song I learned on guitar was SYCMIOYO. :D

I'm currently learning Save your scissors by City and Colour

Cool, Mucca!! :up: Dallas Green solo! He has a great voice! :drool:

Oh, and on topic, I've had an acoustic for eons. Every few years, my rock star aspirations return, I play for a few days, realize how much I suck, then put it away. Rinse and repeat in two year cycles. :shifty:

Last edited:
The_Edge89 said:
Another PLEBAn guy-guitarist here! ;)

I've been playing for about 5 years and I'm in a band.
We have started to write some original songs but we don't have any place to rehearse yet...

Me (and my brother on the bass guitar) playing Streets:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ1nNkaWs1g

Here's our website:
http://hem.bredband.net/stefanpey

I play many U2 songs, but not very much from pre-Joshua Tree, they are a lot harder than the rest of their songs I think.

My first song was "Kite" followed by "Walk On" and "Elevation".

That`s Ok I shoulda put guys too! Guys are also welcome to post here...

but I am so trying to play 'Elevation',it is one of my favourite songs,the chords rock on it,and another one is 'Even better than the real thing"
it`s sorta hard

2morrow said:
I play very Ege-influenced guitar, but i've been told that i also have my own style. I'm good at playing anything by ear, and i can keep a beat, but i totally suck at playing a "proper" solo. My favorite U2 stuff to play is anything that has that chiming guitar sound. I still need a good delay unit so I can play Streets. :drool:

And that dang H-chord will be the life of me...:mad:

I play also by ear,I suck at reading music though...:censored:

I can't read music for guitar. Even if I could, it wouldn't do much good to me. I don't really play other people's songs (besides U2)...I like to create my own songs. Of course it would be helpfull if i'd write them down, but I'd have to be able to read music to do that! :huh:

^What kind of guitar do you play? I play a black Acoustic/Electric Applause, way cheaper but slightly similar to what Edge played on Love + Peace. I play it through an amp w/ some vintage distortion and reverb...love that warm sound. Are you a younger fan, by any chance? It's cool to talk to other younger U2 fans. :yes:

That's so cool! I just turned 18...gettin' old! jk. Do you ever play thru an amp, or do you just play acoustic? Like i said earlier, i really need a good delay unit so i can play Streets :drool:.

I play an acoustic,I love to play 'wild honey' sometimes with it,
I have played electric,but I`m not all good at it:mad:

Wild Honey is pretty sweet to play on acoustic...it's got a good rythm. I prefer playing electric (pluging in my Acoustic) because I can make so many more sounds. Plus, the empty space is filled in by the feedback. I think the peeps in the dorms around me might get tired of hearing me play OOTS or In A Little While, but they'll get over it! :wink:

^I have no idea. The question is: do you have the right skull shape to properly wear a beanie??? Not just anyone can pull that look off, ya know. :wink: Good luck finding one! I know there's a thread around here somewhere concerning his beanies, maybe you could ask a mod to pull it up for you.

IMG_0505.jpg

my band does Vertigo and now we're learning Courage [by Alien Ant Farm]

a month ago I met AAF and their guitarist let me play his guitar and it was awesome

I also write my own songs. this is the song I'm sending to NYU for my application to the recorded music program if anyone's interested:

http://download.you sendit.com/B6DEC250242386B7

The_Edge89, you're good :) what delay settings do you use for Streets?

I used to play the guitar when I was a teen, and I'm determined to pick it up again. I knew most of the basic chords and hadn't quite figured out how to strum properly. :lol: Back then I was playing the piano and singing more, so that took up most of my time.

But, hopefully in the next couple of months I'll be able to start up again. I don't have my own guitar so I'll have to buy one, unless my brother decides to give me his, which he doesn't use any more. Do any of you have any suggestions for a good, decently priced acoustic? Thanks. :)

AtomicBono said:

The_Edge89, you're good :) what delay settings do you use for Streets?

Thank you very much, (I screwed up a bit in the beginning though :p: )

I'm using a Behringer V-amp2 and it only has tap delay, so that's what I used, don't know how long the time is between the sound and the echo in that video as I did it by ear.

sorry!
:(

The_Edge89 said:

I'm using a Behringer V-amp2 and it only has tap delay, so that's what I used, don't know how long the time is between the sound and the echo in that video as I did it by ear.

sorry!
:(

ahh, it's cool

I need to get a delay pedal or somethin'

the device I record on has delay and a zillion other things but I need somethin for my amp

Time to :bump: this thread a bit!

Just an example of what I'm capable of :lol:

On Tune - "Explorer"

An uptempo demo with guitar, drums and bass.
The guitarriff basically came out during a session of fooling around with U2's Out Of Control, hence the name of the demo.
It gets a bit monotone with the same riff and drumbeat over and over, so I might change that later...I'm aware of that.
Also it's a bit short to only have two choruses I think, but hopefully that will work out later with the band.

Oh yeah, the drums end a bit early but that's because I wanted a different ending, which I haven't come up with yet :laugh: .

Gear:
Guitar: Vantage VS-600 (Bridge p-up)
Pick: Dunlop USA NYLON .73 mm
Drums: ZOOM Rhythmtrack (patch A11 130 bpm)
Effects: V-amp2 (Brit Hi gain,delay,reverb)
"Bass": Vantage VS-600 (Bridge p-up) modified using Audacity
Recording: VS600->V-amp2(L out)->PC line in->Audacity 1.2.4b

Download link (remove the space):
http://www.save file.com/files/195804

i have been playing bass guitar for almost 4 years now, I've been in jazz band for 2 years and i am now in the Oliver pit band for my schools play:p.

my dad has played bass since he was 16(my age) and he got me into it, music has always been in my house hold from jazz to funk...i;ve like music a lot from a young age, my friends hate my music...and i hate there's:lol:

my bass is a jay turser..it's blue and soo hottt(it's my lover lol)!!!!:drool:

Back
Top Bottom