Guitar Girls thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: I got a lot of money now so I'm getting a good guitar and amp and such now....
the first thing my music teacher who's helping me says, Do NOT only look at good brands like fender and gibson, try the guitar first and see if you like how it plays
:giggle: he knows I"d run straight to the stratocasters and take them all home with me if I could... hence I"m taking him with me to buy the guitar! :wink: he knows stuff!

sweet i totally want a tele if id get another fender.
yeah my first guitar was a piece of shite!
my neighbor has a squire. its a good thing she got a cheaper one because she never plays.

I'm hopefully going to the music shop in town here with a friend to try some guitars out, and asking them on all sorts of info and such.... but I'll wait with buying one for my teacher cause he needed to go to a music shop somewhere soon, and I can join him :D

what sort of effects would I need on the amp? I know distortion, but do I need other stuff? (I'm not gonna buy an effect pedal yet, like delay or so... first gonna start with just the guitar, and perhaps a tremolo bar)

i have a roland its a little 10 watt ..it has some good effects. look for one with delay and phaser stuff like that. most amps have the main effects so u should be good. =D

i just got a bass on friday. it is like we were made for each other. at my lesson, just for shiggles, i asked if i could try bass. i ended up playing it for 2 hours! i breezed through WOWY, NYD, and Streets on my first try! i couldn't believe it. for a year i've been struggling with guitar and getting nowhere, barely playing One. then one day i pick up a bass and BAM, 3 songs.

i got a fender...it is bottom of the line, but it works for me :) i think even crap fenders would probably be better quality than some of the other guitars out there.

i'm really enjoying bass. once i get more practice i'm gonna look into joining a local band.

unico said:
i just got a bass on friday. it is like we were made for each other. at my lesson, just for shiggles, i asked if i could try bass. i ended up playing it for 2 hours! i breezed through WOWY, NYD, and Streets on my first try! i couldn't believe it. for a year i've been struggling with guitar and getting nowhere, barely playing One. then one day i pick up a bass and BAM, 3 songs.

i got a fender...it is bottom of the line, but it works for me :) i think even crap fenders would probably be better quality than some of the other guitars out there.

i'm really enjoying bass. once i get more practice i'm gonna look into joining a local band.

good on you unico ! glad the bass is working out for you !! :hug:

any fender is a good fender :drool:

unico said:

That is awesome!! :hyper: :applaud: Bass is best :rockon: :wink:

I really should make an effort to learn Streets... and it was a while before I got NYD sorted. You must be a natural :bow:
(or else I totally suck... or both! :lol: )

Dangit, I wanna get my bass out now... housemates have gone to bed though.

I'm glad you're enjoying the bass! :hug:
I find it can be great cathartic therapy... Exit... :drool: And even any song, it just feels good to play it. :yes:

thanks jen & ali :hug:
exit is a great one! i tried to get my instructor to play it last week but he was getting impatient and he said "ah come on, let's do streets!!!!" so we did streets. i've been trying to introduce him to u2 songs that aren't singles, lol (he isn't much of a fan). but he's all excited to play the stuff he knows! we'll be playing exit for sure this week. oh and i think i figured out the vertigo riff!!! :rockon:

Vertigo is EASY on bass :yes: even I can do it!

:wink: I'm gonna learn Streets on my stratocaster as first song I think.... or UTEOTW..
we could play together!

haha all this dancing while playing...i need to get a strap!
a PLEBA band would be most excellent! ever since exit stopped covering u2 songs, i've always wanted to start a female u2 cover band. i just never got around to making a post about it.

I have wistful ambitions of joining a U2 cover band one day (or at least being good enough to do so) - I don't think I'll ever be good enough to come up with my own music :giggle:
Then again, I've never plucked up the courage to play in front of anyone, let alone join a band... :reject:

i would love to be edge! =)

or even bono god that would be fun.

i want to be part of a U2 tribute band now!

unico said:
pets make for great practice audiences :giggle:
I think I would depopulate the neighbourhood of cats and dogs :lol:

I have a feeling there are a few tribute bands by that name in the world :wink: Doesn't mean it's not a good name though! :D

here are some i come up with,some of em suck,but hey it`s a start...Drowning In the Blue Sky(DM&BTBS)
Summer Rain,or My favorite The Flys:D

omg where'd you find that? i've been looking around and i can't seem to find one!

i thought ultraviolet would be a great name...but it turns out that there is already a cover band with that name :grumpy:

Until the end of the world :D

:love:

:waiting: I still don't have my electric guitar, and thanks to the idiot frenchman we have visiting here my accoustic guitar is completely out of tune now and I don't have a tuning device!

Back
Top Bottom