For My Durannies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2ElevatesMe415 said:
: I think Duran Duran would not be D2 without Simon singing, because to be honest the bass and guitar isnt nearly as strong as U2's bass & guitar.
But still :drool:

everyone is entitled to their opinion. I prefer U2's music at this point in my life to duran on the whole, but really, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

And I'm sorry but JT 's bass is one of the strongest bass guitars in pop music if you ask me. he's seriously one of the most talented musician's out there.

dd is the party band, u2 is a band for life and the soul.. that's how it is for me anyway.

oktobergirl said:
And I'm sorry but JT 's bass is one of the strongest bass guitars in pop music if you ask me. he's seriously one of the most talented musician's out there.

I have to agree with this statement. Even as much as I love Adam, I love John's playing more. 99.9% of the time when I listen to music, while I'm aware that there is a bass line, I don't really notice it. However, with DD, the bass line is a big part of the melody. Rio is a perfect example. I make a total dork of myself in front of the cat playing air bass on that song.

Sidenote: I have an extra ticket for the KC concert for sale. E-mail me at ladyval05@sbcglobal.net if interested.

oktobergirl said:

dd is the party band, u2 is a band for life and the soul.. that's how it is for me anyway.

:rockon: :up:

Right on! Exactly how I feel.

There are Duran Duran songs that mean the world to me, but most of them are just feel good tunes. U2 is the opposite. I like U2 more, but Duran Duran has it's purpose. And they are a great group of guys.

beli said:
:lol: I've not seen that pic before :up:
iirc, it's from the strange behaviour tour programme. i had a copy until one of my cats decided it belonged in the litter box. :mad:

and yeah, dd are definitely a party band. hell, one of their most famous quotes are that they wanna be the band that dances when the bomb drops. only a fun-loving party band would say something like that! :D

oktobergirl said:

everyone is entitled to their opinion. I prefer U2's music at this point in my life to duran on the whole, but really, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

I agree 100 % :yes:

KhanadaRhodes said:

have i mentioned i'm in the sixth row in nashville and one of the first five in memphis? :drool:

Those are great seats! I don't know if I should tell you where I'm sitting. I don't want you to think I'm having a p*ssing contest.

KhanadaRhodes said:

have i mentioned i'm in the sixth row in nashville and one of the first five in memphis? :drool:

OMG!!!!! DO YOU HAVE TO RUB IT IN?!?!!? :madspit:

That's awesome. Now I REALLY hope you have a great time!!! I had seventh for Sting and I was like "Wow, these are like the best seats I've ever had for anything!" I can't imagine what the first five would be. That close to Simon :drool: :drool:

Enjoy the concerts!!!

Lady Val said:
Those are great seats! I don't know if I should tell you where I'm sitting. I don't want you to think I'm having a p*ssing contest.
tell me :drool:

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

That's awesome. Now I REALLY hope you have a great time!!! I had seventh for Sting and I was like "Wow, these are like the best seats I've ever had for anything!" I can't imagine what the first five would be. That close to Simon :drool: :drool:

Enjoy the concerts!!!
:laugh: sorry...

i did have second row seats to see duran duran back in 2001, and those were general admission tickets too! you know your tickets are good when you take pictures with a throwaway camera with no zoom and the pictures STILL look great!

but both of these concerts coming up are assigned seats, thank god. i'm too old (i'm only 21, lol) to deal with standing in line for hours to wait for good seats. and especially this way you have actual seats so you have a place to put your purse and your merchandise, etc. it's nice. :D

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

Enjoy the concerts!!!
:yes: :hyper: :hyper: :applaud:

KhanadaRhodes said:

Kansas City... 3rd row. St. Louis... 1st row.

My first DD concert was 2001 and I pulled front row when I bought the tickets. I was spoiled ever since. I've had front row one other time. The worst seat I had was Atlanta 2004 and that was the 14th row. The other times were all within the first 8 rows. I've never bought VIP and only one ticket broker ticket that actually I bought from an aquaintence that got ill and couldn't go.

I've been very, very lucky!

Last edited:
Mrs Adam Clayton said:

I hate you guys :madspit:

I expect DECENT pictures!!!! :D :yes:

Yeah, camera smuggling will be happening! Hopefully the camera nazis won't be present.

Mrs Adam Clayton said:
No joke! With seats like that you might as well get some sort of private dance from Simon while you're at it. :wink:
here's hoping i don't get a private dance from simon! :yuck:

now from john... :hmm: :drool:

i'll be sneaking in my digital camera with a brand spanking new 128 mb flash card so it'll be able to hold loads of pics. :D

KhanadaRhodes said:

here's hoping i don't get a private dance from simon! :yuck:

now from john... :hmm: :drool:

i'll be sneaking in my digital camera with a brand spanking new 128 mb flash card so it'll be able to hold loads of pics. :D

:laugh: :lmao:

Haha! I should have probably said Nick or John. :slant:

I'll give you my number so you can give it Simon in case he starts to do some moves and you're like, "No thanks. I'm saving myself for John.":wink:

Back
Top Bottom