For My Durannies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wembley 2004 tracklist...

(Reach Up For The) Sunrise
Hungry Like The Wolf
Is There Something I Should Know
Union Of The Snake
What Happens Tomorrow
The Chauffeur
I Don't Want Your Love
New Religion
Save A Prayer
The Reflex
Wild Boys

They butchered the start of some tracks with crossfading when they edited the show down to 60 mins :madspit: I've put the chapter points as close to the start of the songs as possible :)

Last edited:
duran_duran_menu1.jpg

duran_duran_menu2.jpg

Burning a test disc on a rewritable now... :)

I'm having issues with the video...a distinct amount of "ghosting" in the encoded NTSC video. It's all to do with the GOP structure of the frames that are presented to the MPEG encoder in TMPGenc.

Basically as it stands now the NTSC DVD on my rewritable strains my eyes when I watch it! :crazy: The original PAL file would be fine if used to creat a PAL DVD :)

A lot of it is beyond me but I'm using recommended settings according to this http://dvd-hq.info/Compression.html and giving it another go.

The DVD project is unaffected. I will just need to "run" it again when I have the new mpg file in four hours time.

I need to get this "fixed" because all re-encoding jobs I do on my PC will be better as a result :up: e.g. Glastonbury, Live 8, Zoo TV, Wireless, T in the Park and Isle Wight Festival footage etc etc :)

Can I do PAL instead and you just play it on your PCs or get a cheap DVD player that can handle PAL? This thing is driving me nuts :crazy: Just been encoding the first couple of mins with different settings and sticking it on the rewritable and I get the same effect every time :sigh:

Clearly anyone in Europe/UK won't have any issue with PAL anyway :)

Annoying thing is that I'll have to go through the DVD project and define the chapters again because of the way TMPGEnc DVD Author works. PAL is 25fps and NTSC is ~29fps :banghead: So it's reporting my file as only 48 mins long and not 58 :grumpy:

enajh2 said:
Can I do PAL instead and you just play it on your PCs or get a cheap DVD player that can handle PAL? This thing is driving me nuts :crazy: Just been encoding the first couple of mins with different settings and sticking it on the rewritable and I get the same effect every time :sigh:
you can play pal videos on a pc? i never knew that! would changing the dvd region on your pc help as well? if so, then i don't mind getting a pal dvd. i don't currently have a standalone dvd player anyway! :D

There isn't a region setting on this DVD or most, if any, bootleg DVDs. Neither is there any encryption/copy protection :up:

I'm authoring the PAL version now. Shoudl be finished in about half an hour:)

Last edited:
Right, all done and it looks great as I expected it would :giggle:

If anyone wants a copy they need to mail me a blank DVD-/+R with a self-addressed envelope, with sufficient return postage, in an envelope addressed to me... my address

Please PM me with title "Duran Duran DVD B&P" when you have SENT the blank to me. I will confirm here or by return PM when I have burnt and posted your copy :)

If you have a burner and can make copies for others then please say so and help out. Especially if you live in the U.S. as I believe copies sent from here to there will take about a week

Full details.....

Duran Duran
Live at Wembley Arena, London, England 2004

Broadcast BBC1 00.15-01.20 18th July 2005

Lineage: NTL Cable > ATI AIW 9800 + SB Live > ATI MMC 8Mbps MPG2 > TMPGEnc > TMPGEnc DVD Author

1. Sunrise
2. Hungry Like The Wolf
3. Is There Something I Should Know
4. Union Of The Snake
5. What Happens Tomorrow
6. The Chauffeur
7. I Don't Want Your Love
8. New Religion
9. Save A Prayer
10. The Reflex
11. Wild Boys
12. Credits

58m:27s

DVD PAL (MPEG-2 720x576 25fps CQ 100, Layer-2 48000Hz 384kbps)

Can I have a dedication thread like Neutral's now? :hyper: :D

enajh2 said:
Right, all done and it looks great as I expected it would :giggle:

If anyone wants a copy they need to mail me a blank DVD-/+R with a self-addressed envelope, with sufficient return postage, in an envelope addressed to me... my address

Please PM me with title "Duran Duran DVD B&P" when you have SENT the blank to me. I will confirm here or by return PM when I have burnt and posted your copy :)

If you have a burner and can make copies for others then please say so and help out. Especially if you live in the U.S. as I believe copies sent from here to there will take about a week

Full details.....

Can I have a dedication thread like Neutral's now? :hyper: :D
:lol:
YAY! *goes out to by dvd/r's*

Back
Top Bottom