Dazz's SISTER May Need PRAYERS Again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
:| :huh: :| :huh: :|

So I get a phone call from my sis this past Sunday afternoon.
WHile it's not a day she usually calls me, it's still not "unusual".

That is, till she says- "are you available for dinner tomorrow night ... There's something I have to talk to you about.... I'm paying so don't worry about that. "

The thing that makes it a #WARNING SIGN# is that she also will have a friend of hers ( who I know some because of all the help she's given my sis, and out parents) who is a NURSE to be with us. " This is the best way for me", she says.

you know the old idea in a troubled relationship of inviting the person you're going to break-up with to a restaurant so they don't cause a big scene....?

There is NO REASON that her friend would be there unless either

1) she has to tell me about some BAD NEWS MEDICALLY about herself, and
her friend can explain it all better to me than she can/or it takes the strain off of her actually giving me the details b/c she doesn't do that well with medical/scientific stuff .

2) something else has happened to our dad... that again, her friend can explain better than she can.

2b) Our dad died and she's breaking the news this way, and her friend is there in case i faint, have some bad physical reaction. Though that would cause a scene, so this postulation doesn't make complete sense. :scratch: Also she's probably going to reaction more strongly to our dad's eventual death more than I will.

These are the only 2 possibilities that configure to this level (at a restaurant w her friend/nurse) how she's presenting this new/ reoccurring problem.
I can't imagine she got fired from her job (she's the VP there) there would of been certain types of signs & portents.

Which makes me think it's her. I would really be partially relieved (as sad as it would be) that it's something to do with our dad and not her.

Any Prayers/ Good Wishes/ Vibes etc are appreciated in adavance!:heart:
I will be back here Tues or Weds and will fill you in.... :( :sigh:

Oh Dazz. I hope everything is ok. I'll send some postive vibes your way. :hug::hug::hug::hug:

hooooooooo boy- it's Good News & Bad News

It's not my sister :relief:

it's not my Dad, either........but....

:crack::scream::crack:
it's one of my (sis is 51) sis's oldest close friends(highschool),
who's been partner's with one of her even older closest friends (junior highschool).

right now i'm in kind of shock......... :|

She became a friend (not as close) of mine over the decades because we went to so many R&R concerts together! :hyper::lol:
Also we discovered over time we had a few other strong mutual interests- art/crafts/SF & usually similar politics.

Anyway--
While we were just talking before she told me, I asked her b/c she was going to see Bruce - which I thought was this week, "oh, is Bruce this week?!?"

And then my sis said, "we'll talk about Bruce later".

Which then immediately I though......'oh, NO, maybe something is wrong with our friend' ?!?
I didn't say it out loud.

SO she told me..........

Those of you who saw my previous thread for our freind & cousin....

It's her... the one who had to go the hopital b/c she had a kidney infection, that turned into a blood infection...

well, for several years she had (and ignored- I guess it wasn't too bad) uterine fibroids......
in the hospital she had lower back pain- which they associated which the kidney infection etc

It turns out (I was afraid this was coming -as in how my sis was describing) the fibroids went cancerous.:crack: The back pain was them hitting her sciatic nerve.
And it has spread a bit to her lungs. :no:

Anyway she's going into surgery on Thurs... we don't know yet just when.

She'll be in for 5 - 7 days of recovery. Then she'll have to heal up more for several weeks before they can start either radiation or chemo.

I'm SO *THANKFUL* it's NOT my sis , BUT fucking hell- why does it have to be our friend(s)? :scream:

My poor sis has known about this for 3 weeks. SHe's been waking up several times anight now since then. But she just found a new Rescue Remedy that has a sleep component to it. The only reason I wish she had told me sooner was I coiuld have gotten apreyrs/good vibes etc for her in that specific way earlier on.

The books I didn't get a chance to tell my close friend about for her partner I'll pass on the names to my sis for them. By MD's who also have a strong appreciatation for complimentary medicine & methods.

So please send *the good stuff * her (& his) way.
*THANKS* in Advance!

PS
So my sis asked me if I wanted one of the Springsteen tix, I said yeah, but I can't pay for (at least not for a year or more- while i finish the ither $ I owe my sis). She'll pay for it.

So i'm going with mixed feelings...... like maybe I "shouldn't", but I want to.
So my sis said yeah, it feels weird, but it IS a celebration of life & we need that.

So one think you might think/imagine that we four will be together for the U2 concert in Sept!!!! :yes: MY sis has one seat, I have another, and our friends have theirs together.

But hopefully as we uusally do we all go/leave together, and often have a late 2nd dinner after the show(s)for all the shows we've seen at The Meadow Lands Areana & Giants Stadium which have included both Bruce, AND U2!! :D

UPDATE

:ohmy:
I was so tired and buzzed after the Springsteen show.....
...i forgot to post inn THIS THREAD last night! And I had intended to coming out of the Penn station tbesides reporting on the Springsteen/E St concert :reject:

Our friend made it through the surgery well! :happy::happy:

She's got a way togo, but a good start is very helpful! :heart: :happydance:

thanks again for your kindnesses! :hug:S

:hug: jcos, thanks

We had high expectations that she would do well - (but until it's over you don't know 100%), especially since it was getting rid of something and not fixing something like the heart, vascular and other system-type obstruction problems.

:wave:
ach I've been sooo busy with mostly either extremely boring (thus tiring me out mentally! :grumpy: ) or upsetting stuff.
I realized I hadn't updated this.....

update ....
and *** thanks again*** to all ... :heart:

our friend is doing well...

chemo was kind of miserable, but only for the 2 days after.

But one thing my sis is concerned about, but didn't ask her was that she's still eating 6 small meals a day b/c even though she's has an appetite (thank goodness) she really feels full after a little bit, and can't eat any more.
kind of like gastric Bypass surgery but it wasn't.

I tend to think her insides were quite traumatized in that near-by area so maybe it's that. :hmm:
She's basically in a posititve state of mind & loves her doc so that's great.

I gave her a few complementry med tips.... so there we are for now. :)

:huh: :( :huh:

Our friend has had a very rough week plus, and back in the hospital.

the VERY GOOD news is that she DOES NOT have brain cancer (metastasized) but her really out of it cognition is a bad form of "chemo brain". :(

they found (back in Hospital) saw that some of her stomach problems are cancer-- NOT sure if it's old cancer :pray: breaking up or new :)yikes: ).

Other digestive nasty stuff, so they're more rounds of tests.

Back
Top Bottom