Dazz's Friend Needs Prayers!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzledbylight

Blue Crack Supplier
:( :sigh:
another request .......
I just found out this bad news last night.

His name is Miro. he lives in NYS countryside about 2+ drive north of NYC.

He's my dear college friend's partner of 15 yrs {she & I celebrate 38 yrs of friendship in the Fall} . He's a good person, and they both have had a rough 6 or 7 years from various scary illness's (overcome) & other real difficulties/tragedies, etc.

She said the doctor's are 99% sure he has ?multiple mynoma? - some form
of bone marrow cancer. :yikes: They're waiting for final tests results.

The possible good news is that it may be early enough that it can be taken care of/ or at least be a manageable condition, and not a death sentence.

Any prayers/ good vibes/wishes to them would be most appreciated by them and myself!
:heart:

Many thanks in advance. :hug: :wave:

Dazz, I truly hope it will be in a phase where they can still take good care of him and that he will recover the best way possible. Good luck to both you and your friend and his family :hug:

:huh: :(

well, UNFORTUNATELY he DOES have it......

and the CT scan he had done was the wrong test @ 3,000 $ !!!!
:madwife::madwife:

She's afraid the insurance company will say,
" Whoops, sorry- but you're goning to have to pay for the correct one" . :mad:

Hopefully NOT !!!
I suggested she see if the place
they went to has a Paitent's Advocate person.

She is so distraught: besides the love of her life being in danger, all her hopeful, happy plans of retiring/getting out of the job she has come to hate [particularly b/c of budget cuts/lay-offs- she's been overworked in the past several years] - and start to do {we met each other in Art College} Visual Art again {she's also a serious, *wonderful* poet } appear like they're going down into the Trash Bin. :sad:

:sigh:

Thank you :heart: all for your good wishes & prayers.

thanks anji :hug:

Reccently i had to help a different friend with a Statement of the difficulties she's having with her illness so she can present it as part of a package to get govt help.... and that took about 2 weeks plus of on & off typing, reviewing etc .........
I'm far :yikes: from the best typist and i do like 3 drafts or so of stuff like this. I want to get it as good as possible for maxium help.

anyway......... in the meantime

the CAT scan for Miro came back and he has a aggresive form of this cancer ....... :yikes: :(
he's been on chemo for 2 plus weeks now and a bit of a rest & then back for more.....

so I didn't get to up date this for a while

:| :sad: :| :sad: :| :sad: :|

i just got a call from my friend Marlene.

Her beloved Miro died last (?) Fri.:crack:

She(they) have had such a difficult (?)6 years.

She still maintains her NYC apt, but partly moved in with him (?) 10 plus years ago (a few hours north of NYC).

Their house partly burned down around 6 years ago. They moved into a smaller one, and were slowly having people contracted out to work on it.
He was a stone worker & restoration person. He'd watch over the rebuilding when he could.

Because they didn't always have real extra money the rebuilding has taken longer than originally planned/ hoped for.

In the mean time their dog died (she's been really sad about that), she got cancer in her leg - completely taken out /no rad or chemo about 2 years back. Then she got lyme disease last year, and she feels it still hadn't been totally taken out. She thought it was acting up more again.

She 's been hating the job she's had for (?)30 yrs or so more & more these past several years . With cut backs and stuff, she keeps asking for more help- but they really haven't sent an extra person to work the phones at the time that she really needs them to.

She was so hoping, and praying that she could retire on her pension this year or the next, and concentrate solely on her artwork. She's a poet, and that hasn't been usually too much of a problem to continue pursuing , but drawing & painting is more physically intense.

If you're too tired/unfocused you can't really work well for long, or at all except maybe rudimentary sketches to jot down for future working on. ANd she's usually been too tired to do any reall finished work, maybe not even sketching.

So now she has TWO houses to close down etc. I know he has a cousin, a daughter (i think from previous marriage), and friends up there who'll hopefully help her. She's still arranging the funeral. They never got married, but since they've been together a fairly long time.... I don't know if they have "common-law marriage" status so she can get whatever money from the sale of the houses, furniture etc. so at least she can set up a little nest egg, some financial cushioning if nothing else.

My fear for her is that she's going to get sick again though grief, AND the feeling that she's now trapped for x more years in that job.

I'll call her back tonight and see how I can help.
Problem is getting from a bus stop to the house. They would pick me up. She really doesn't know how drive, I don't think b/c she never owned a car.
What ever she might have started to learn out in the 'burbs, where her family moved to when she was pretty young hasn't been used b/c she moved into Manhattan to go to Art College when she was (?) 17.

So please keep her in your :pray: prayers and good wishes/vibes.

Thank you in advance. :hug:S

:hug::hug::heart:

thank you Bg777 & anji.

I'm going to help her set up for coffee & cake after the Mass which she's working on setting up. If I can get out there (she's about 2-3 hours away by bus)-- my sis will lend me the bus /or cab since this was unexpected at this point, so i didn't have money set away for it.

At least i think it won't be a rainy day if it's this mon/ tues.

I'm going to try and keep her going out to places (low cost or freebies) when she's back in the city so she doesn't feel too isolated.

She also has been wanting to learn Photoshop & Corel Painter. I'm going to see how I might help her with that over the next year or two.

So sorry to hear about Miro... big :hug: for your friend Marlene. She has a lot to cope with but you're being such a good friend to her.

:hug:

UPDATE

Hi :wave:

it took longer (I guess) than my friend expected - was maybe too distraught to pull it together earlier, or wanted to get it as "just right" as she could...

she had this beautiful Memorial Service for Miro today at this lovely chapel in this incrediable location. I was able to get up there at the very last moment w her sister & nephew.

I haz been up a long time today and will throw a few details out ofr the expereince over the next 2 days.

Thank you all again for your kindenesses :heart:

Back
Top Bottom