DAZZ-EYE Surgery! 11-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
glaucoma runs in my family. I also wear contacts that are -7.0. I want to get lasik so I don't have to put contacts in everyday.

oh dear, laura! :(

I believe there are some holistic things you can do to forestall, lessen, or :hmm: possibly even prevent the glaucoma from happening.

I remember the first time the doctor prepared the Measuring Device - you know -
the Blue Ring of Light plastic measuring tube! Near :faint: ....EGADS!!!!
I guess I was around 18 or early 20's!

Over the years i've gotten used t o it, but still nervous about something wrong being found.

With glasses I run ? -11 or -12 . :hmm: that might mean I'd be an -7 or -8 with contacts since contacts are usually an improvement over glasses!!

Well, hopefully someday you'll 1) be a good candidate for it &
2) have the $$ to do so!! :yes: :hug:S

Originally posted 12-12-08 SAT NITE (pgp)

but after reading up a bit on my condition that can cause the retina to tear/break ( retina lattice degeneration thinning of the retina- pretty strong link with strong Myopia [nearsightedness] ) it seems that you can go blind from it-- IF it progresses.
AT LEAST SOME PEOPLE'S RESPONSES FROM THEIR DOC IS THat ITCAN HAPPEN. I'M NOT SURE I'M READY TO READS UP OR ask my doc about it yet!

there's a part of my that seems to be responding back I willNOT go blind (in thaT EYE). I don't know how bad OR MILD it is in the other eye (left). And I'm NOT aSKING UNTIL THIS ONE IS ALL HEALED UP! :SIGH:

I looked up some holistic stuff right away-- both the conventional & holistic yesterday, and today.

reply TO ABOVE (12/12/08)^^^^^^
Originally Posted by VintagePunk

Aw, I'm sure that if there were any risk, the doctor would have let you know, I think they have to be pretty upfront about things like that.

my reply back:
well... he might not at this point b/c he knows I have an anxiety & depression condition!!
but maybe he feels it won't so not to bring it up unless it becomes necessary to do so!

:wave:

Glad everythings going well and you are on the mend. I`m another shortsighted person but too scared to have laser surgery! I keep thinking well Adam`s had it done, but while I can wear contact lenses I`ll put it off. Plus I`m getting to the age where I`ll soon need reading glasses anyway.........

I`m a theatre nurse but have gone through 4 operations myself - nothing major, but god was I scared to death to be a patient and not on the staff side!! Maybe it is worse knowing what is going to happen and what could go wrong, but no matter who you are or what you do, everyone gets scared when facing surgery but remember 99% of the time it is successful and non eventful.

Hope the recovery keeps going well and now you`ve got an album, and tour to look forward to to speed up your recovery.......:hyper:

thank you sll! :heart:

Pam-- i have a very vivid imagination so I imagine all the things that could go wrong, and with so much illness/condiotns with my paernts I've "seen alot" , and that just makes it worse.

But I'm managing pretty werll with the runaway imagination.......:hug:S with help from my Interland pals, along with my F2F :hug:Sfriends/fam.

first>>> :happy: from yesterday afternoon..

Dcotor says front of eye is doing great
back of eye Retina is doing great-- firmly attached and becoming more stable!
I can begin to do more intense activities! :hyper:

Then :huh::yikes:

last night-- another incident with the nasty roomate (very long complex story) :yuck:

had to leave apt with stuff for safe keeping over night....

was on subway trains/buses, leaning some of the bags against thing or put one big (bulky not that heavy), and in Starbucks :hmm: 65% - 75% of time overnight.....
35% carrying stuff around and lots of stars :angry:

suddenly this morning a bigafter images - close in shape to mid way through last onew appears...just like that!

very dark in lower light. In sunlight strong magenta fading to pale pink then disappears and returns later!:crazy:

will call doctor's assistant tomorrow!

Please send :pray: & good vibes

I don't know if all that running around re-damaged it some AAIIEEE! -- or it was slightly more stressed that will fade off fairly quickly.

:sad:

:hug:S & thanks in Advance :heart:

:hug::wave::hug:

BETTER NEWS UPDATE!!

OK..... the after-image has faded by 80% when i got up at noontime today (sleep catch-up :yes:)!!!

I do believe it was a kind of #warning sign# that i was getting close to the line of too much, too strenuous acttivities.
Relatively speaking in the type of & amount of actions i was doing that night- the increase was like a sudden ? 300 - 400% to what I'd been doing with in the previous guideline instructions.

*thanks*, laura! :hug:

He felt it was a partial reduction of blood supply to the retina fter that super major increase in activity, esp since it went away.

He kind of went ":uhoh: " over the phone, when I said to him I had been bending down/picking up stuff since he told me I could do more of it ( weeks ago) -
but that this ratio of increase was too much at this point!! Maybe another month or so?

Hopefully no permanent :scream: restrictions.

I have increased my vit C intake to now 1 - 2 grams a day.
I used to take around 2 grams a day when I was middle-class.
These chewable tablets have Bio-flavinoids in them, and that helps increase the strength {esp acting along w Vit C concurrently} of the tiny little capillaries to prevent :yikes: leaking. :yes: :nerd: :D

Back
Top Bottom