wait... that really WAS Bono on the street in SF today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
Shit shit shit! Sonofabitch!

So I'm looking out the window of the bus today and see this guy walking up the street that is REALLY working the Bono look. Red tinted shades, close cropped hair, even the wonky lift shoes. But it just didn't add up. Surely Bono would be walking with at least one companion, if not a huge mob, just one block from Union Square, the center of San Francisco. So I didn't get off the bus to say "hi" because it couldn't possibly be... I mean... wouldn't I hear about him being in town... right? Nah... not him.

Except...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080408/ten-china-unrest-tibet-rights-oly-2008-b-1dc2b55.html

Except if FUCKING WAS!!!!

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! (Bangs face into desk repeatedly). I was "THIS" close to the day I've looked forward to for 25 years.

I'm sorry Interferrence. I've let you down.

ouch!

I believe you need a :hug:

Hang in there...it'll happen for ya.

skott100 said:

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! (Bangs face into desk repeatedly). I was "THIS" close to the day I've looked forward to for 25 years.

I wouldn't have believed it either if I didn't know he was supposed to be in town. Nice to know the guy can walk around relatively unrecognized. Bet he loves that. Even in this day and age of the internet, it's amazing that word still didn't travel fast enough to let people know he was in SF. I'm glad he had a bit of privacy.

Don't worry, you didn't let us down...it just wasn't meant to be for you. There was a reason it didn't happen today. Maybe you're in for better things to come :)

thanks for the kind words everyone. it just didn't make sense ya know? him by himself like that. he was wearing these silver rings on every finger of his left hand which seemed out of place for him as well. maybe I need to spend more time with the PLEBANs but the Bono bling threw me off I guess.

maybe he'll show up and get on stage with us friday/saturday? gotta break up the band after that. how much better could it possibly get after that, right? :)

(ive said this already in one of the other pleba threads)

someone over in the everything you know is wrong forum saw this interview on tv and thinks its a bono imposter :S

Silver rings on every finger? Red tinted glasses? Sounds like a certain imposter :|

Thanks for the info, Jonny.
Not dissapointing at all.

So that's a yes on the imposter part and why it didn't add up / make sense.

Sorry Skott, no breaking up the band just yet. :wink:

jonnysaint said:
Sorry to dissapoint but Bono was in Dublin at the studios on Tuesday.
Pics on the u2.com forum.

Where are the photos on U2.com? They are probably right in front of me but not quite woken up yet!!! Thanks.

I think it's more than just a little disturbing that some guy actually pretends to be Bono, giving interviews and such. :huh:

last unicorn said:
I think it's more than just a little disturbing that some guy actually pretends to be Bono, giving interviews and such. :huh:

Giving interviews is the disturbing part. If I were Bono, I'd be very pissed. He MUST know about this "imposter." I can't imagine that he condones what the guys does.

Wow! Really? I knew something didn't feel quite right. He seemed a bit tall to be Bono and his face was a little more square shaped. So I'm mystified that anyone would go through that trouble (with the exception of one guy I happen to be in a band with, of course!) but relieved that it wasn't him.

skott100 said:

Except...

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080408/ten-china-unrest-tibet-rights-oly-2008-b-1dc2b55.html

Except if FUCKING WAS!!!!

There's now a correction in that very same article...

"An earlier report that Irish rock star Bono attended one of the protests and spoke to AFP was wrong, as the singer was not in the city, a spokesman said."

Here's pic proof...

(Tuesday, April 8th) Zootopian odranoc meets Bono at the studio in Dublin
DSCF0810.jpg

Also, this piece of news went out on Wednesday, April 9th...

U2 Returns To Studio, Preps Early Reissues

April 09, 2008, 10:20 AM ET

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

After an Easter break, U2 is back in the studio in Dublin to work on its next album with producers Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois. "Everyone [is] still hoping the new album will be out this year," reads a post on U2.com.

So it was a Bono impersonator, but as to who it was, I haven't a clue. Too bad you didn't take a picture of the guy you saw, then we could have had proof. Oh well...at least you can take it easy now knowing that you didn't miss him.

:wink:

skott100 said:
Wow! Really? I knew something didn't feel quite right. He seemed a bit tall to be Bono and his face was a little more square shaped. So I'm mystified that anyone would go through that trouble (with the exception of one guy I happen to be in a band with, of course!) but relieved that it wasn't him.

I feel the relief for you! Next time it'l be real..............:yes:

Apparently the imposter was all over the place because a co-worker told me that some friends were "hanging out with Bono" at Eddie Vedder's concert in Berkeley on Tuesday night.

That guy has a lot of nerve:mad:

hotpepper said:
Apparently the imposter was all over the place because a co-worker told me that some friends were "hanging out with Bono" at Eddie Vedder's concert in Berkeley on Tuesday night.

Yep, he never knows when to quit.

Him being Bono 24/7 is just sick...especially if it's not a paying gig.

:coocoo:

*adds this thread to my shit list*

hotpepper said:

I would have loved to have seen this guy at the Berkeley shows. I was at both shows and it would have been great to embarrass this guy in the midst of his charade.

Carek1230 said:
I hope you burst the bubble of your friends, hotpepper, by telling them that was NOT Bono!

Ooohhhhh he burns my ass :rant:

I did feel kinda bad bursting bubbles but jeez, somebody's got to it. I feel protective towards Bono. My husband just lifted his eyebrow regarding that :eyebrow: I'd protect him too if someone was impersonating him without disclosing the truth up front.

It also made me a bit annoyed about these people's smugness - "ooooh, we got to hang out with Bono".

hotpepper said:

I did feel kinda bad bursting bubbles but jeez, somebody's got to it. I feel protective towards Bono. My husband just lifted his eyebrow regarding that :eyebrow: I'd protect him too if someone was impersonating him without disclosing the truth up front.

It also made me a bit annoyed about these people's smugness - "ooooh, we got to hang out with Bono".

:up:

:hi5:

Back
Top Bottom