Updates from Wayne's Dublin Trip regarding U2:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Fanatic4ever said:
THE BIGGEST CONGRATS TO WAYNE!! PLEASE TELL WE THINK HE IS SOOOOO AWESOME!! :happy:

what a great boyfriend huh? :cute:

BD this is just so surreal.

was Adam's accent pretty thick? how was it?

Yep, Wayne does so much for me it's unbelievable. :)

Adam has a real deep voice with a strong Brit accent! Just like Wayne's I must say :D :drool:

gluey said:
Wayne is a legend! :bow: I am so excited for both of you :hug:

Thanks Gluey! :hug: I have good U2 luck, lol. With the encounters and the concert in Hawaii and now this.

It's just surreal...I can't believe it all happened.

This is so AWESOME!!! I am so excited for you two!! Man, I wish I was there NOW!!!! 10 days and COUNTING!!!!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :scream: :scream: :scream: I can't wait!!!!

So how long did Wayne have to wait outside, do you know BD?
I am gonna pick his brain for details when he comes back!!

Wow, I hope the fact that Edge was in a bad mood doesn't mean they hit a wall creatively and won't be back for a while in the studio... :( I wonder if he asked them about the new album at all and how it was going? Wow, I have too many questions...head hurts, can't think!! :) :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Congratulations a million times over!! You guys rock!!:rockon:

:ohmy: I've just been reading the whole thread . How wonderful Wayne is such a sweetheart keeping you in mind Babydoll even in his excitement when he met Bono and Adam .

Poor crying Larry girl .

Thanks Babydoll for the the reports :D So happy wayne got to meet bono and Adam :D

Pitty about Edge and Larry . I guess Larry couldn't be botherd stopping.

Babydoll your Bf Is so good good to you waiting for ages to get something for you so sweet ;)

miscellaneous2_71.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR BOTH OF YOU!!!!

IM GOING TO DUBLIN NEXT YEAR(HOPEFFUULLY) ILL KEEP IN MIND NOT TO CRY IF I SEE LARRY
miscellaneous2_1007.gif

It was based on what I heard happened today, okay?? It's not like I'm saying he's a jerk all the time, everyday.

I was expecting some negativity to come into this thread and derail and take away some of my happiness and you've proved me right.

Babydoll said:
It was based on what I heard happened today, okay?? It's not like I'm saying he's a jerk all the time, everyday.

I was expecting some negativity to come into this thread and derail and take away some of my happiness and you've proved me right.

How would I know? Because I have met him... have you? Granted, I met him outside an arena in 2000, along with probably a hundred or more other people. Though I have no illusions that I was the "center of the universe" in this occasion... just one of thousands that the band members meet each year. Though it meant much to me, and Larry could not have been sweeter and kinder to all.

And several hundred PLEBANs, at least, can attest to that fact, including some of your pals here.

Yes, Larry is very different with fans in many respects... he's very private, very shy, hates the "hoopla", doesn't feel at all comfortable with the attention... you claim to be such a Larry fan, yet you do not acknowledge this?

So yes, you did in fact make a sweeping generalization... "Larry is a jerk to his fans"... remember?

:|

And you are the one who brought "negativity" to this thread, by the way. But God forbid we take a moment away from you.

Wasn't this thread originally about Wayne, anyway?
:scratch:

BD i thought you were a Larry girl? Be kind to my boy...

In Larry's defense... I've met him and he was amazingly kind and pleasant. Went out of his way for me. –it was almost a year ago at the NYC U2 by U2 signing. while everyone was clamoring around the door, I slipped into the street and wound up on the drivers side of the car where he was slipping in… I tapped on the window and held the book. He said & gestured to “come around” the security guard let me around the passenger side and I stood at the door talking to Larry for a decent amount of time (trembling.. well, i was, not him)…I was telling him about the Vegas incident and that I have his drumsticks and he was laughing and smiling. I mean he was in the car and invited me around the security to chat with him... so he's not a jerk

maybe it was because I was so charming (wink) and did not freak out like a loonie fanatic.. I was normal and he was kind and human back to me...

I just sayin' is all.......

Yes tbird, I remember you posted that! That was amazing :)

What I am saying is, it's based on what Wayne saw for himself today and what he's heard from people yesterday and today. He told me to post that today, as a lot of people including himself were upset with Larry's behavior today.

Once again, I did not say Larry is a jerk as a person, all the time, everyday.

Hope this clarifies things.

Lets not turn this thread into bickering please ladies!

I do agree that its probably not really right to make such a generalization about any member of the band since we really dont know them personally. But I can understand how based on what Wayne was telling Babydoll, that she would feel that way given the situation at the time. Maybe he was just not in the mood those days to stop to talk to fans. Who knows. But anyone that really knows a good amount about Larry knows that he is the least likely out of the 4 to stop to talk to fans. That's just the way he is, whether he's just more shy or doesnt like all the 'hoopla' as stated. In any case, lets just try to stick to the topic of Wayne meeting the band etc. :)

Larry fans, I don't see BD making generalizations, I think she just meant that particular day, and it's obvious that there were disappointed fans who wanted to meet him. In general, I'm sure he can be sweet and nice to his fans. Let's not speculate what has caused him and Edge to be in a "bad" mood.

As for Wayne, BD do you know if he was able to give Bono the CD? Did he even take it with him as planned?

Congratulations to both of you, what great experiences! Cannot wait to see the photos.

u2jesusgirl said:
Whatever happened to the thing he was suppose to appear at in Vegas too?
BF1 knew about it. I don't remember if it was the end of September or October and don't really know what became of it...If it was still going or not..

Hey Dion I havent heard anything about the Vegas thing anymore Im actually calling a friend to see if she knows anything ;)

I'll let you know

Back
Top Bottom