U2 at HQ 07/03/2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisa2004

Acrobat
We arrived on Friday at HQ at 10.45am and stayed there until 12.30pm!! It was great though cos we made lots of new friends and police stopped and brought us all teas and chocolate!! Only in Dublin!!

At 6pm, Adam came out and we met him. He was lovely,
signed for us and we all got pix! He told us recording was going really well.

Now just had to wait for the other 3!!

By 11pm we were losing the will to live. There were about 20 people. We did get to hear them playing for a couple of mins (even could hear Bono singing!) and they sounded awesome.

Larry left first, he drove straight out in his car. Bye Larry. Then Adam left, he gave us a wave and called out bye. Then, a bit
more waiting. Then, at 12.30pm, Bono arrived at the door to the
studio and beckonned us all over!! :drool:

Lots of big guys shoved past us to the front but a friend from St
Louis told Bono we had been waiting for 2 days for him and Bono
said, "Come on, let the ladies through now." ARGHHH!!! My sister Lisa got a photo first, then she said, "this is my sister!" I grinned
madly as I went up to him. He holds you so close!! I didnt get a pic where he is looking at the camera but that gives you an idea how mad it was!!

Me and Bono!

jobono.jpg

25 people all swarming around him, all calling for him!! He was very calm though. I thanked him and he grinned at me. Then Patsie got her pic but again, he wasnt looking at the camera. Lisa was like "bono, please look this way," and Bono said, "I always do what Im told!" I laughed and he grinned again. Then Wildhoney got her pic and her kiss! We didnt get anything
signed but it didnt matter. As someone else was getting a pic, a man behind Bono called out, "are these someones socks?" and Bono looked round, laughed and called out, "Who's socks are these?" Lisa was like "Oh, they're mine!" They were gloves though, not socks! Was funny though. Our US friend asked him to swap sunglasses with her and he did so we saw his eyes for a couple of seconds. I mean, wow!!!

When Bono had made sure everyone had a pic, he was saying bye. Lisa called, "You're a legend Bono!" and he
smiled and I said, "thank you for all of your amazing music!" Another grin! Then me, Lisa and Patsie were all telling him we loved him and he gave us all "Course you do!" looks! Heh!

He went inside and we went mad.... much screaming!! Then, Edge was there! He'd driven out in his car and Bono drove out in his after Edge. Patsie met Edge. Once shed got her pic signed, Edge waved to us all and drove off. Then Bono, tooted his horn at us and rove off, also waving. We all waved back madly.

Cue more screaming.

We'll post more pics in the next few days :)

Last edited:
WildHoney said:
Jo :hug:

Bono's Looking so good :drool:

Still can't believe i kissed him :faint:

It was great seeing you again.

Hi hon :)

Him kissing you was a highlight for me, it was so cute!

It was great to see you again too :) And to do all that together was special :hug:

See you again soon x

SOOO Happy and excited for you girls!!

Please post your pics soon.

and we here LOVE to hear all the details of your meetings. Bono is the best. So sweet, so attentive.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart: :combust: :applaud: :yippie: :hi5: :bonodrum:

Bono really seems to love all the attention doesn't he! :lol: Thanks for sharing your story and pic, so happy you finally got to meet our guys, except for the ever elusive Larry!! :sexywink:

Looking forward to seeing more of your pics! :hyper:

lisa2004 Thanks for sharing your photo and your report :D

Also wildhoney :D

Glad you all had a wonderful time :D

Bono is a sweetheart :D

In all these photos, it's amazing to look at the smiles on the fans' faces:) What an amazing natural high these guys give us.

Thanks for sharing your stories. Bono looks amazing!! Hope his good mood is indicative of the progress of the new CD.

The photos of Larry are great but too few and far between, and Adam is always so cordial. Larry could've at least waved to you all who'd been waiting forever. I don't think that would've hurt him and would've been a nice treat for all those waiting. I don't quite understand that.:eyebrow: :(

Well done ladies great story and pics you all certainly deserve it after all those hours in the cold!!

now with added pictures

Hi all, :wave:

I was with jo, Lisa and Wildhoney when we met Bono. It was absolutely brilliant, as I am sure you can imagine.

:yes:

Here are some of my pictures. Enjoy!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom