Remember this!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2FloridaFan

New Yorker
Since meetings and sightings have been kind of slim lately I thought I'd spice it up a bit with this...I came across this when I was cleaning up my "subscribed to" threads lists from back in 2002 and I thougtht that any of you who haven't been around here that long would enjoy hearing her story. There's also a video of her from Montreal somewhere...I can't find it anymore...maybe someone has it. This has to be one of the ultimate Bono experiences.

This was originally written by Interference member Melpop

Ok... I can't sleep any more so I guess I just might as well write my story. (haven't slept since that day... or just barely)

One of my Irish friends, Trevor, had the kindness to bring us to the studio. So once we've arrived at the deserted road where Hanover Studios are he just pointed to us the door where they usually go into and said:"This is it, there's nothing much to see here". So we decided to leave... we couldn't just stay there not knowing if they would ever appear.

About a very long 20 seconds later, we see an old green Mercedes up the road. We all look at each other and think:"Could it be The Edge's infamous Mercedes?". Trevor looks at the driver and sees that it is infact Mr. Edge! He slows down the car and so does Edge, they then both roll down their windows.

As I was staring at The Edge from the passenger side, Trevor says:"Edge these fans are from Canada and they want a picture". Edge just smiles and looks at me. I took a deep breath and in the calmest way possible asked him:"Could I take a picture of you... if you don't mind of course". He just said:"No, not at all!". He posed for me giving me a thumb up and a nice smile.

After this photo shoot, I just simply thanked him and he left off...

We continued down the road and we were just completely stunned! I didn't know what to think, I just sat in silence. A short time after, we decided to go back to the studios because if The Edge was going there... there was a good chance that the others would be there too! Of course this option would leave us stranded at Hanover Studios because Trevor had to go back to work. We didn't care... we wanted to try our luck. Trevor had just joined us to watch the world cup with us (that was really fun!)

We waited from 3 pm to about 9:30 pm in total...

At 8 pm... a miracle happened: Adam got out of the studios.

I didn't know what to do nor say. Adam came towards us and I just blurted out:"Hey, how are you?" and Adam just said:"I'm fine".

This is how our conversation went along:

Me: "Had a long day?"

Adam:"Yeah, it was pretty long. How long have you been waiting?"

Me: "A long time... we're freezing! Could we take a picture with you?"

Adam:"Sure!"

*Adam wraps his arms around me and my friend Julie*

Adam:"You are cold! Where are you from?"

Me:"Montreal... Canada"

Adam:" You aren't cold then!"

Me:"The cold isn't the same here... it's humid" (At this point I realize I sound ridiculous)

Adam:"Yeah, I suppose"

*My friend Catherine takes the picture*

Me: "Thank you sooo much!"

Adam:"No problem!"

*Adam walks away*

Meeting Adam was amazing! He was so very kind! An extremely warm and down to earth person. I felt really confortable talking to him. I'm still completely astonished! The only sad part is that I didn't really feel too proud about talking about the different kinds of cold in the world with Adam Clayton!

45 minutes later, Larry comes out... we were completely intimidated. Coming out he asked us:"Are you alright?". I just said:"Yes... but it's cold". He said:"What?" (because he was a little faraway) then I just repeated myself and he said:"What it is cold"... and he left.

I wanted to hit my head against the wall... what was this obssession I had with the weather?!?

A while later, we see The Edge leave in his green Mercedes talking on his cellphone. He didn't come to see us, but it's ok because I took a picture of him earlier on.

So if you've been following the story so far... there's only Bono left!

Around 9:20pm a black Mercedes backs up from the studio as we slowly walk towards it not knowing what to expect (I trailed behind anxiously waiting to see what would happen). Next thing I would see is Bono with his window rolled down and asking me where we were off to.

I stood speechless... but then found the ability to speak... this is our conversation:

Bono:" Where are you off to?"

Me (completely shaken):" Sorry?"

Bono:"Where are you off to?"

Me:"Right now?"

Bono:"Yeah?"

Me:"Erm.. *nervously pacing around* downtown"

Bono:"Do you want a lift?"

Me:" Erm... well... if you don't mind..."

Bono:"Hop in"

*Julie gets in the back, Catherine and I go to the other side. I was going to sit in the back and Cath says:" No way, you're the Bono fan, in front!". Anxious I say:"Well if you he doesn't want any one if front?". She just pushes and says:"Go!!!"*

*I nervously get in on the passenger's side... I look to my right and there's Bono... my God!*

Bono:"What are your names?"

*Everyone answers but me who was still getting into the car*

*Bono had cleared my seat for me to sit. He kept the papers on his lap as he drove... it was really cute. He would constantly readjust them on his lap as he shifted*

Bono:" Am I the last to leave?"

All of us:"Yes"

Bono:"Where are you from... America?"

Me:"No.. Canada... Montreal"

Bono:"Oh! I love Montreal!"

*As he continued driving he was saying "Vive Montreal! Vive le Quebec!*

Me:"Actually... we've met before"

*Bono gives me a really big smile*

Bono:"Really?"

Me:"Yeah... During The Fly in Montreal, you pulled me up... you layed me over you"

*Bono looked shy and embarrassed*

Bono:" I go completely insane in that song. I probably saw someone as intense as me and thought I pull this person up. I apologize..."

Julie:"Don't be sorry"

Bono:"No wonder you seemed familiar... I hope you didn't feel like you had a gun to your head."

Me:"No... don't worry!"

Bono:" I met with your prime minister, Jean Chretien, I really like him. He has a particular accent."

Me:"Yeah... in French and in English"

Bono:"He's done a lot for the third world debt..."

Me:"Yeah... I've read a lot about that".

Bono:"Are you all in College?"

All of us:" Yeah"

Bono:"Where do you study?"

Me:'Universit� du Qu�bec � Montreal"

*He nods he head like if knows the place*

Bono:"Cool... where are you staying?"

Me:" At a bed and breakfast in Clontarf.."

Bono:"Clontarf? I love Clontarf... I used to go to school there... at least I tried"

Me:"Really?"

Bono:" Yeah.. I was always cutting class... we had places we'd go... Where did you go see the game today?"

Me:"We went to this place in Temple Bar called Mercantile's"

Bono:"I know that place... it's pretty cool"

Me:"Where did you go... I mean... if you want to mention it"

Bono:"I was in a pub in Dalkey (he mentionned the name... dunno if I should mention it), it was wild, people where throwing chair and everything"

*laughs*

Bono:"I want to should you something"

*Bono searches on his car stereo for a song... Probably new U2*

Bono:"Hmmm.. I can't find the magazine..."

Me:"Magazine?"

Bono:"A magazine is a type of shuttle you put in to listen to recordings... you know?"

Me (not fully understanding):"Yeah..."

Bono:"For how long are you staying?"

Me:"Well we leave this week".

Bono:"Well there are a couple of fun places you can go. Grafton street is pretty busy, you can walk on to Stephen's Green and aslo Temple Bar is just mad".

*We arrive downtown. Bono stops, puts his four flashers on. He turns around to face me*

Bono:"So..."

*Bono holds out his hand... I didn't know what he wanted... Then he took my camera*

Bono:"What's your name?"

Me:"Melissa..."

Bono (to Cath):"Could you take a picture of me and Melissa?"

Cath:"Sure!"

Me:"Hold on... you'll need the flash"

*Bono looks confused at the camera and I show him how to pit it on and he hands it to Cath. He puts his arm around me and we are cheek to cheek*

*Bono takes the camera from Cath and takes a picture of the both of them sitting in the back and gives the camera back to me. He turns around and looks at me*

Me:"Could I just ask you one thing?"

Bono:"Yes?"

Me:" Could I have a kiss?"

*He smiled*

Bono:"Sure!"

*At this point, I wasn't expecting what would come next. He wrapped his arm around me... he entwined his lips in mine... this way his lower lip was in my mouth. He then kissed me harder turning his head as our lips changed position... this lasted about 10 secs*

Bono(his eyes still closed):"Mmmm... wow... now I remember you..."

*I laughed nervously and got up to leave... As I was trying to leave, Bono held my arm down sat me back in the chair. He looked at me so intensly with a huge smile on his face. Then I got up said "bye" and as I got out looking completely astonished said:"Wow" again. I closed the door... Bono honked twice and waved us goodbye"

Then... well we FREAKED!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why I can't sleep anymore!!!

Here's Melpop and Bono from that encounter

bonoandi.jpg

I know Bono has given many people lifts... so that part is believable.

But.... the kiss... nah! Can't see B doing it quite like that. He often gives kisses, but a full on snog?!?!?! :no:

Maybe a bit of fantasy coming into play here!! :evil:

I do believe he kissed her just like she said. With what Melpop had experienced with Bono during a concert, she hasn't the need to embellish.

Of course, this is just my opinion. :wink:

:)

It was just mine too. I just can't imagine Bono acting so inappropriately with a young girl, that's all. I may be wrong. But I hope not..... :) I guess his actions are open to all kinds of interpretations.

On a stage in front of thousands of people is a lot different to being alone with a young girl in a car.

And I never intended to upset the girl.... :wink:

Just my humble thoughts.

Carrie

i was here back when this story came around.. I for one believe melpop and her experiences here.. However, I have been always been reluctant to completely believe that the kiss from bono happened exactly like that. I felt this way from the beginning I mean if this happened on stage (the kiss) I could understand it cuz that's his stage persona but in public not on stage I just don't know..:shrug: Just my IMO.

Maybe a bit of imagination came into play here, but I think the story is probably pretty accurate. I don't think Melpop has posted here in about 2 years so I wonder what happened to her. Maybe Bono has her off on some secluded island all for himself :wink: :wink:

She was in the car with two other girls so I'm sure they were there to see what happened...and one of them took the photo above.

There´s a great story about a girl who was in the filming of Beautiful day video :drool: I think it is still in the old pages of meeting and sightings

that and this are the two best fans stories ever :drool:

:yes: :sexywink: :drool: Awesome, Awesome, awesome even the 2nd time around!! Oh...and I would add Wayne's meeting with the Band at HQ! THAT pic with him n' Bono and Peace sign!:wink:

Back
Top Bottom