MERGED --> Gluey, Slopsy & Effanbee met LARRY!!! + Auckland non-show pics + But wait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Auckland non-show pics

gluey said:
Here's what I got the last couple of days.....not that I'm a stalker!! This has been the most AMAZING FUN I've had!!

She calls this studying for exams??? :shifty: - she was doing 'maths' with Edgie....

KIF_1018.jpg

Nice drawing :D

Your story is so amazing! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU GLUEY AND FRIENDS!! :dancing: :dancing:

You've so deserved this moment after so many years. :applaud: :applaud: Now onto meeting the rest of the gang. Something tells me you're going to get that signature on your hat.

LARRY You're amazing man! :rockon:

gluey said:
I MET BONO!!!! OMG HE SIGNED MY HAT!!! I'LL STOP SHAKING AND TELL THE STORY SOON!!!!

NO NO NO TELL THE STORY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIRLY COME BACK!!!!!!!!:(

I gotta go to bed now..1 am here ...wahhh guess I will have to wait till morning.

OMG!! GO GLUEY!!
hyper-1.gif

That's so exciting! :faint: *impatiently waiting for the story*

Great Adam pics too :drool::love:

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAA!!!

Did Slopsy and Effanbee get as lucky too?

Awesome! Hooray! Please don't make us wait too long! :sad:

Ok, still shaking like a leaf.....wow....omg.....and everything in between......

wow.....

ok, rocked up to the hotel again at about 1pm....half a dozen people there......Slopsy and Effanbee were waiting in line at the stadium so I was flying solo....met a couple of nice fans to talk to which helped!!

The wait began.....

This morning before leaving, I'd printed Slopsys 'Megasketcher' drawing of her and Edge onto some longlife photopaper, and had a master plan to get him to autograph it for her seeing she couldn't join me today.....

I got a text message from Slopsy after 2pm to say the band were in soundcheck already...:huh: didn't know what to think of that! So I continued waiting as all their vehicles were still at the hotel and John and Brian were coming and going all the time.

Finally at 5pm John and Brian announced that the band WOULD BE COMING OUT FOR A SIGNING!!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I was in a perfect position for it too!!!

At 5.40pm they finally came out the doors. Adam started signing with the guy next to me so I missed him, but lots of good close up pics. (will post pics a bit later!!).

Next Edge made his way down the line towards me. I showed him Slopsys drawing and told him that was from Thursday night about 3am in the morning when we waited outside the hotel ALL night for them. He smiled and said "oh really?" He then signed the pic.

Then Larry made it over to us. I called out "Hi Larry" and waved my bono hat....he looked over, smiled (HE SMILED!!!) and said "Hi! Make sure you get him!! (meaning get Bono to sign the hat - HE REMEMBERED from Tuesday night!!)

Finally, coming down the line was Bono. Brian came and grabbed my silver pen as Bono couldn't get someone's working. As he passed it to John for Bono, I called out "He can only use it if he signs my hat!!" They laughed at me :giggle:

Bono made it to me.....He said Hi and so did I (I didn't fumble or faint once!!!). I held out the hat to him and told him how he wore it in Auckland 1993 and took it off my friends head, wore it for the last part of Satellite of Love, then gave it back to her". He is AMAZING the way he holds eye contact when you are speaking to him, and he REALLY listens!! He looked taken aback for a second, smiled, then said "WOW! That is soooo mad! And I actually remember doing that!!" (I was waiting for an extraordinary to be thrown in somewhere :giggle: ) He signed 'Bono on my head' onto the hat, passed it back, said thanks and moved on.......

Wow.....

He is amazing

I love him more than ever!!!

Got tons of photos...will upload them and share soon!!!

Last edited:
Slopsys signed drawing (so she can see it when back from the concert!!!) I'll courier it to her on Monday!!!

signededgepicture.jpg

WOW! Just WOW! I am soooo happy for you! :hug: I remember that day you 1st posted about finding a pic of Bono with your hat and we were determined to find it, and now this! And how awesome you got Slopsy's pic signed by her Edgy. :happy:
Can't wait to see your pics! !!!

gluey said:
I MET BONO!!!! OMG HE SIGNED MY HAT!!! I'LL STOP SHAKING AND TELL THE STORY SOON!!!!

OMG!!!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!:ohmy:
Cant wait to hear your story!!!and see pics of your newly signed hat!!!:hyper:

***Edit I was so freaking excited I missed your story!!!

"Bono made it to me.....He said Hi and so did I (I didn't fumble or faint once!!!). I held out the hat to him and told him how he wore it in Auckland 1993 and took it off my friends head, wore it for the last part of Satellite of Love, then gave it back to her". He is AMAZING the way he holds eye contact when you are speaking to him, and he REALLY listens!! He looked taken aback for a second, smiled, then said "WOW! That is soooo mad! And I actually remember doing that!!" (I was waiting for an extraordinary to be thrown in somewhere :giggle: ) He signed 'Bono on my head' onto the hat, passed it back, said thanks and moved on......".

FREAKIN A............!!!!

And Slopsy's pic getting signed AWESOME!!!!!!!

Cant wait to see the pics!!!!!:hyper:

Last edited:
Wow!! What a great story! :love: Larry remembered you? :cute:

Yay for you getting your hat signed and Slopsy's drawing signed! :hyper: I'm so happy for you ladies :applaud::hug:

Back
Top Bottom