MERGED --> Gluey, Slopsy & Effanbee met LARRY!!! + Auckland non-show pics + But wait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
took ALL our control not to scream and therefore scare him away

:lmao:

Great use of restraint, gluey. You know our dear Mullengus is very easily frightened. And great going on making sure his hair looked good too. :wink: I bet the thing he said to the person inside was, "Does me hair look good? Because I'm going to go meet these lovely ladies out there and I think they may want to have some pictures with me."

One thing I do want to ask Bono, and I guess Larry may know too - Does The Edge really sleep in his robe like he did in that Yahoo vid? :laugh: Keep that in mind *when* you meet the B-man!

Last edited:
OMG I just woke up from a very CRAP sleep!!!! Wow thanks Gluey for writing the whole thing down!!
Aren't you glad you decided to come out at 11.00 at night now?!?!? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Slopsy said:
OH MY GOD!!!!!! I still have not come down from this insane high - and that was meeting LARRY!! Imagine what I will be like after EDGE!!!!!!!!

But yeah - Gluey basically told the story, and OMG - he was SO gorgeous, and he smelt REALLY good. His jacket felt nice too, made of a really soft material! He also signed my Rattle & Hum vinyl sleeve!!! Wow, OMG it was SO worth waiting for 5 hours in the cold and dark for!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe and when he comes over, he's just like, "are you gonna stand here ALL NIGHT?" in this INCREDIBLE Irish accent :drool:

PICTURES!!!!! WOO!!!!!!
Kim (Gluey) and Lars:
P1000291.jpg

Slop and Lars:
LarryandSlopsy.jpg

Fran (Effanbee) and Lars!:
LarryandEff.jpg

I have to retire to bed now (though I'm not sleeping!!!!) because I actually have a French exam tomorrow! Ew!
BUT OMFG WE MET LARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAHHHHHHH!!!!!!! YAY!!!!! GLUEY, SLOPSY, AND EFFENBEE!!!!!!IM FREAKING OUT FOR YOU!!!!!!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

OMG!! I'm still spinning!! I'm off to hunt them again tomorrow!!! This is how life should be lived!!!

OMG I TOUCHED LARRY!!!!!!! :faint:

Mr.Mullen is the only one I havent met Ive seen him drive away and such but Ive beena bit frightened of him....Im not anymore thanks to your story Gluey!!! FREAKIN Awesome!!!!!!:hyper:

Wish you luck in getting your hat signed by the The gorgeous B-man and you HAVE to meet Adam he is so freakin charming as is Mr.The Edge!!!!!

I hope I have as much luck in Hawaii :laugh:

when was this? tuesday night? damn, they have already left aus! lol. but bono hasn't eh... keep us posted! ive always felt it would be silly to wait outside their hotel... look silly... but after seeing this - its worth it! ahhh im still reeling in the fact that i could have met bono outside telstra dome on sunday before their show... but i was on the internet scouring these forums!! arghh annoyed at my own laziness.

toorah

:wave: BonoFox1 I was scared when Larry came over and said 'Are you going to stand there all night?' - I thought he might be angry with us - but he sounded amused rather than annoyed and he was so easy to talk to. I'm sure when you meet Larry in Hawaii (and you WILL, be positive!!!) he'll be as gentle and charming as he was last night.

I reckon if we'd jumped around and made a noise he wouldn't have even come outside. It was so funny, he would sneak a glance at us and we would sneak a glance at him, checking each other out ... from this rare contact with the Mullengus we deduce it is best to not make any sudden moves, stay quiet and let him approach you. The Mullengus will then reward you by making all your bones turn to water with the power of his :drool: Irish accent.

I heartily second that!!!! It was worth keeping quiet - we didn't even wave to him!! We just let him make every move and boy oh boy were we rewarded!! I think that's the key to him!

gluey said:
I heartily second that!!!! It was worth keeping quiet - we didn't even wave to him!! We just let him make every move and boy oh boy were we rewarded!! I think that's the key to him!

I think you ladies are on to something.. I agree ...

no sudden moves or loud noises.. :lol: you know what ...that sounds like what someone would do to get close to a wild animal! :lmao:

Larry the wild thing! :larry::wink:

it honestly felt like we were stalking a wild animal!!! we'd take turns peeking at each other, then he'd sneak back to puffing on his cigarette, then he'd look over at us again......it was actually quite funny!! Slopsy had her music rising shirt on so he would have easily picked what we were there for! He even started the conversation!! I think if we had of called out to him he would have just maybe waved and carried on - that's my gut feeling on it.....I could be quite wrong!! I was stunned at how relaxed he was with us and how there was no rush - he let each of us talk, muck around with photos, autographs, police hats :wink: etc. I nearly forgot to get my sharpie off him!! But being the man that he is he made sure he gave it back to me!! The reward of his presence is worth his elusiveness!!

I got to write about meeting Larry in my French exam!!!!! The question was "One thing that you did last night!"
It involved lots of capital letters, exclamation marks and use of "MAGNIFIQUE!!!!!!"

OMG I'm going there again TOMORROW!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Me too!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

You can't fail your exam with Lardence in it!!! haha, I'd love to see the markers face when they read it!!!

Hey, ZM are phoning me soon Slopsy......

I bet they do phone you, especially the ones on tonight!!!

You know, I really hope having my 3yr old there tomorrow works in our favour.....Bono likes kids.....must bring shiney toys, and a beach ball on a string (so we don't lose it in traffic!!) :wink:

Back
Top Bottom