MERGED --> Gluey, Slopsy & Effanbee met LARRY!!! + Auckland non-show pics + But wait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know!!! I'm dying, shaking and tired from this week!!!! Need sleep, but need to read story first!!!! :hyper:

The whole neighbourhood has been over to see my hat today!!!! I'm world famous in Tuakau :giggle:

Life is sooooooooooooo good!!!

OK I've made you all wait! Here's the story ...

We get to the Hyatt at around 6.30, about 20 people there including some of our Aus friends who had been waiting since 10.00 that morning.

John came out around 7.15 to say they'd be out and signing at 8.00. Annoyingly, everyone texted all their friends, rellies etc. and the crowd swelled. Effanbee acted as crowd control and growled at anyone mucking about. No way were some stupid gits going to ruin our very last chance!!!

Morleigh, Sian and Levi came out to Edge's car. Morleigh is SO beautiful and the kiddies were mega cute.

Then ... Edge was there!!! He is so sweet and a bit sunburned, lovely quiet voice. Slopsy is having fibrillations and my kness were literally shaking. He signs my album cover and then Slopsy's pic - he looks at the wonderful drawing and doesn't know where to sign. Slopsy says on the frame, it is a gold pen and Edge says 'It's subtle but it will be there'. I say 'Just like you then Edge!' He smiles, then Slopsy hugs him and gives him a kiss on the cheek. Brian is in the background laughing, Edge blushes and hugs Slopsy. Slopsy explodes.

Meanwhile Bono has come out and is being mobbed further up the line. He chats for a while to Mike and Shay next to us, he has such a lovely soft voice and really takes the time to listen. He is looking fantastic, takes my album cover to sign, says 'Oh, vinyl. I love vinyl!' Then the bloody pen stops working. I say shit. Oh great, I just swore in front of Bono. Never mind, he has a pen, he's laughing too. I die. Bono signs Slopsy's pic on the glass, Slopsy (enthused by hugging Edge) gets a kiss from Bono. Explodes again.

Larry and Adam are out now, Adam is such a gentleman, he signs my album then isn't sure whether he's allowed to sign the picture as it's of Bono and Edge! So we pin him to the floor and make him sign the frame. What a lovely guy!

Oh my, Larry's arrived! He's already signed my album on Tuesday, so I just take his hand and say 'thank you so much for Tuesday, Larry.' He's remembered us, he says 'Did your friend get her hat signed?' in that awesome accent. When he sees Slopsy's picture and that it's of Edge and Bono he says, 'Hah! Only one thing to do here!' and proceeds to sign his name right across Bono, then draws a mustache on Bono and Edge! We're all cracking up in the second pic - don't let anyone ever tell you Larry's humourless!!

We wave bye bye to them all, Edge calls out goodbye to us as he walks to his car. Then they're away, really and truly, and so ends our never to be forgotten week of stalking.

Moral of the tale: NEVER give up, even after hours and days and late nights and early mornings and thinking you've gone insane and blowing maths exams. If you want something badly enough, it will happen.

WOOOOO!! I got so nostalgic down by the Hyatt today...so many good times!!!! I think I sent you a sad little text Gluey :wink:

Of course as soon as Big John came out I forgot about EVERYTHING!!!! WOO!!!!

Can you scan the pic that they all signed and Larry doodled on?!?!

He is simply awesome isn't he??!?! I'll never think he's unapproachable and distant again!!!!!

Slopsy, post the pics of the signed stuff.

Gluey, sorry about the interuptus! We'll meet again by the Larry tree very soon :wink:

This has been awesome, thanks to all the PLEBA girls who've been along with us giving us encouragement :hug: :hug:

Ok here is my record cover!!!!!!!

P1000414-1.jpg

And here is my signed drawing!!!!! Edgie and Adam sigs are on the frame, and you can see Larry's doodles and Bono's scribble!!!!!!!!! AHHh!!!!!!! :hyper:

P1000413.jpg

Slopsy said:
And here is my signed drawing!!!!! Edgie and Adam sigs are on the frame, and you can see Larry's doodles and Bono's scribble!!!!!!!!! AHHh!!!!!!! :hyper:

P1000413.jpg

THAT is priceless!!! OMG Larry is soooo funny!! Remember he doodled on one of the posters at a book signing?!?! He's a bit of a dark horse that one!! :giggle:

WOW!! :love: Larry doodling on Bono's pic :giggle: "Larry tree" :laugh:

Thankyou so much for sharing your story and pics with us so that we may live vicariously through you :drool:

Please take some of that incredible luck, box it up and ship it to us for Hawaii :wink:

gluey said:
Did you get a pic of the Larry tree?!?!? That is a VERY special tree now!!

Ahhh I don't think we did!!! We have to meet up outside it! I have to go into Real Groovy at some point soon because they have U218 posters for me to have so we'll do it then!!!

The funny thing is that even I've found ourselves infectious when reading our posts about this week :giggle: Should I be alarmed? :shifty:

Slopsy said:

P1000413.jpg

Oh wow that's a wonderful drawing and Larry doodles, and signed by all of the band, absolutely priceless!! :ohmy: :applaud:

Slopsy said:
Ok here is my record cover!!!!!!!

P1000414-1.jpg

Um Slopsy......that book has me in hysterics here....."The day my bum went psycho"????!!!!

I'm sorry, I've got a mass case of giggles, I'm almost seeing Taxi's and Bellydancers again!

:lmao:

gluey said:

Um Slopsy......that book has me in hysterics here....."The day my bum went psycho"????!!!!

I'm sorry, I've got a mass case of giggles, I'm almost seeing Taxi's and Bellydancers again!

:lmao:

hehehehehe now you've set me off!! I can't control myself!!
Hehehe the sequel is called "Zombie Bums from Uranus!!!!!"

Kafrun and everyone else going to Hawaii, keep the faith, stay positive and YOU CANNOT FAIL!!!!!

There will be so many positive vibes coming your way from NZ :hug: We're looking forward to reading your stories and seeing pics of you with the guys too!

You're infatuated with bums!!! You're compensating for Edgies lack of bum!!!

Oh god, I feel Thursday night madness creeping in again!!!

gluey said:
You're infatuated with bums!!! You're compensating for Edgies lack of bum!!!

Oh god, I feel Thursday night madness creeping in again!!!

Hehehehe I am in hysterics here!!!!!! OMG his tiny bum is ADORABLE!!!!!! Just like the rest of him!!!!!!!

Effanbee said:
Kafrun and everyone else going to Hawaii, keep the faith, stay positive and YOU CANNOT FAIL!!!!!

There will be so many positive vibes coming your way from NZ :hug: We're looking forward to reading your stories and seeing pics of you with the guys too!

Absolutely!!! Just stick to your guns...NEVER give up, and ALWAYS trust your gut instinct!!!

Get friendly with the security, NEVER overstep any boundaries, and always, always have faith!!! :hug:

Slopsy said:

Hehehehe I am in hysterics here!!!!!! OMG his tiny bum is ADORABLE!!!!!! Just like the rest of him!!!!!!!

Definately seeing bellydancers.....omg that is just tooo funny......

(sorry if we've lost or scared anyone!! - Just a bit of stalkermania creeping back in!!)

I've just seen a knight in armour again ... Thursday flashback??:crack:

Hey Gluey what about a pic of the tree in Albert Park? That one's pretty special too!!! :giggle:

Back
Top Bottom