Me outside Hanover Quay!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waynetravis

Blue Crack Supplier
DSCF0477.jpg

DSCF0481.jpg

DSCF0540.jpg

DSCF0532.jpg

unico said:
:shocked: are you as tall as adam???? i had no idea! great pics wayne! :up: way to go!

Adam is about 5'10 or 5'11. He was standing on a step near the garage and I was just a bit taller than him, but I lowered myself to put my arm around to his shoulder.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW WT!! CONGRATS!!!! AND WELCOME BACK TO THE LAND OF BLUE CRAIC... :D

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEE THE LAST PIC! You HAVE TO frame that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper:

The last pic with Bono I was standing straight and so was he, but he leaned into me when I put my arm onto his shoulder.

And the pic of me near Bono with my back to the camera is when he was signing Babydoll's autograph.

waynetravis said:
OMGOMGOMG! :hyper:

How amazing is that pic?! :cool: Completely surreal, isn't it? Good on ya, WTT :D :wtf2: :hug:

Edit: You should post this in the Interferencers Photos thread :hmm:

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:
OK.. so the burning question on all us PLEBANS minds is: What did he really smell like!?? and details on ur convo with him and Adam!

:lol:

His cologne was strong.

Bono arrived in his Masereti around 2.15pm.
He pulled up near the garage a fair distance from me, at first I thought it was Edge.

I walked to his car as did a group of girls coming from the other side.
He drove past me and this other guy who was there and pulled up in the construction site drive way then rolled down his window.

I walk over to his car and looked thruogh the open window.
He looked and smiled and I said ''hi Bono'' and he was like ''hi fellas, just give me a second and I will talk to you properly''.

As he got out, I walked around to the side where he was. He chatted to a guy for a bit and came to me.

He extended his arm to me before I did and he shook my hand, and said ''hi mate'' asked where I was from. He said ready for some pics. The first pic we did was the peace one. He did it first then I followed.

After we finished he said have a look and let me know if you want another. I checked it was fine, but I thought I'd get another while I could.
I said can I have 1 more, and he said ''yeah no problem, come here''.

He was so friendly with everyone, and took time to talk to all who was waiting.

The night time pics are when he did Babydoll's autograph.
He walked out the studio door's and said he was very busy so he cant stay long.
He was doing some pics for the other people and I said ''can you sign this for my girlfriend'' he was like ''ya sure, let me do this and I'll be with you''

It was signed "To Babydoll, from Bono....phew..''

The phew part was because he was in such a hurry.
I was so thrilled he took the time and fufilled my request even though he was very late for an event.

:bono: :rockon:

Few minutes after Bono went, he came back.
He jumped out his car, Out side ther main doors to the studio is an intercom and a key combination lock.

Bono was tapping in the numbers fast, but I dont think he quite got it so he rang the intercom and asked someone to open the door and went in.

He came out again and jumped into his car, and seriously slammed his foot on the pedal. His car engine roared extreamly loud when he went down the road :lol:

After Bono again left I called Babydoll to tell the good news.
As we were talking the garage door opened and Larry's Mercedes came out. He drove out slowly, but as soon as he was on the road he was off.

Edge was next, but he didn't stop either.
Apparently he was in a grumpy mood for the past day or so.

A few seconds after Edge left the door opened again and Adam's car came out.
He stopped in the middle of the road and was signing pics.
I gave him a piece of paper to sign, and again he wrote ''to Babydoll, from Adam Clayton''

I was still talking to Baby the whole time and I moved to let the other people have their turn.
While talking on the phone I asked if she wanted to talk to Adam.

When I got chance I asked him and he said ''yah, but really quick''. I gave him the phone and he said hi to her, I didnt quite hear what they said to each other, so you need to ask her.

Because he was stopped in the street, there was a car waiting to pass, so Adam handed my phone and said to us he had to leave. We all said bye and he went.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
that is SO AMAZING WAYNE! :happy: Bono is such a wonderful and compassionate person beyond words is all I can say.. :bono:

He really is.
When I saw him in the morning and he did my pics he went inside, and I never had chance to ask for his autograph.

All day I waited outside hoping he would just come out again for a break.
I even asked Dallas in the coffee shop across the road from the stufio if Bono might come out again. He said it was possible and that was it.

I think it was approaching 6pm in Dublin and I got a text from Baby asking me to call her. When we watlked she asked if I got his autograph and Itold what was happening, but said I was trying my hardest to get it.

It started to get dark and chilly while we waited and at around 8.15pm the garage opened and Sam was driving Bono's car out to park it.
There was about 10 people there and we all gathered on the street and Sam asked us to stay back for a bit to give Bono a break.

Bono walked out and came to us and said he was in a hurry and cant stay. I thought to myself ''shit, all this lot are gonna crowd and not let me get thruogh''.

I got to the front and he was taking some pics and I politely asked him to sign. Thats when he looked at me and said to wait.

He signed and jumped into his car.

I could not believe what he just did for me, him signing the autograph for Babydoll was unbelieveable.
To say he was busy and still have a few seconds to greet the fans was amazing.
He was here for about 30 seconds tops.

This is the second time I've personally seen him do this.
When I met him this time astyear it was also a Thursday.
2 years in a row I've met him on the exact same date.

So if you wanna meet him, be with me in Septermber, 2008 :wink:

Going to bed now, I've been awake for almost 22hrs :wave:

waynetravis said:

Wayne, these last two pics are absolutely awesome and like someone else mentioned, probably one of the best fan pix I have ever seen!! :bow: I just love you both are doing the peace sign together!!! SO CUTE!!!!!! :D Congrats on everything that happened to ya!! Bono is just the greatest!!! Love your story!!!

Wayne , your two pics with Bono really are amazing ! I'm very happy for you ...:applaud:

fangirl moment , Bono and Wayne look gorgeous ...double :drool: :drool:

Back
Top Bottom