Me outside Hanover Quay!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Peterrrrr said:
If someone else here are going to be outside the studio, please tell them to release Mercy just as it is :)

I was going to ask about the new songs and stuff.
But I figured he's heard the same questions over and over, I decided to give him a break from hearing them.

Peterrrrr said:
If someone else here are going to be outside the studio, please tell them to release Mercy just as it is :)

I'm a little worried that it's a bit too late for that now.
The track was leaked about three years ago, and since then fans have spoke to The Edge and Bono about it.
Edge said according to a fan in Melbourne during the shooting of the first Window In The Skies video that they were still working on it (which probably means rearrange it and making it different in some way). Then came the summer holidays when we got the '06 beach clips, it's possible that they have worked on the song in their studio in France without letting the people on the beach hear any of it.
Bono said to Italian fans outside Hanover Quay in May that Mercy is going to be on the next album. That was quite possible one of the Dublin sessions they had since Daniel Lanois was also spotted.
Then they've had the Fez Sessions where they came up with lots of stuff and I don't doubt that Mercy would have been worked on if they really expect it to be on the next studio album.
The six musicians - or perhaps the band on it's own, but Lanois says they have been working three times together so far - have also been heard working in France this summer, however no recordings have surfaced yet.
Now there's a month until their next regrouping together and the band is already writing on their own as well.

I'm just saying that a lot of time has passed since they recorded that song which at the time was probably more than a demo since it was considered to be put on the last album. And I'm sure that if what they say is true, and if they want the next album to be a departure from the sound of the last two records then they might have to tweak it a little bit. I love it the way it is, but it's also exciting to imagine what U2 could bring out of the track with the help of their best collaborators in my opinion.

That being said, my hopes are very high about this next album. :drool:

Last edited:
Congratulations waynetravis!
Just had a great time reading your thread! (I was lucky enough to meet him briefly in 2006 and it was such a blast. :hyper: It was fun to re-live the feeling.)

And yes, you certainly have got one of the best fan pics ever!

:up: too cool

hello, hello!

As promised here are the pictures from thursday and friday 20 and 21st of September.
Wayne, No i was not the girl from the restaurant. I was the girl on the picture with Adam. The picture you took with the lights.

here are friends of mine. They met the guys for their first days in Dublin as well.

Last edited:
Very cool pics Ameline!

I really love the one with Edge.. he sure is smiling from ear to ear... great smile! he's a hottie!!

I remember meeting him and Bono before a Vertigo show in Los Angeles back in april 2005 and the first thing that hit me was his beautiful porcelain skin! OMG! :drool: just utterly stunning! IMO.

^^^ Cool Wayne! That's so awesome!
I am back from my trip and as you know they weren't around since Bono has been in the states lately. :(
I knew right away based on what you told me ;)
that they weren't there, but it was still a fun walk down there and I signed the wall! I also walked over to Windmill Lane and took a bunch of pictures! They were doing a photoshoot there with models when we walked past and the sun was shining brightly on the grafitti wall making it shimmer in the sun! It was so cool! What great thing to see!
I am totally in love with Dublin... and Ireland so glad I went and I feel blessed for such a great experience even though it did not include meeting the boys :( but that will happen one day I am sure!
Slainte,
Jeannie :)

Jeannieco that's still great that you had a fun time in Dublin. I'm sure it was still awesome just to be there in their stomping grounds. I only hope to be that lucky someday, I'd love to visit there. I'm glad you had a nice trip!

Thank you Comet! You must go! It is such an incredible city and country, I hope you make it there one day!
Oh I forgot to say I even did a tour of Slane Castle. Since I work in the travel biz I was able to arrange for a private tour since they only do offical tours for the public during the summer months! How cool is that?
I wasn't allowed to take pictures inside but all I can say is that it's amazing! I even saw a private plaque that U2 presented as a personal gift to the Lord of the Castle! WOW!! That was awesome, I felt like I was spying!
I hope you all get to go there someday, it's the best vacation I have ever had and I have been to quite a few places!
Thank you again for your well wishes! Yes, it was so fun even though I didn't see them at HQ..... but another time, another place for sure!

waynetravis said:
I just got the posters sized pics of Bono, Adam and me today :D

What a treasure you have there, Wayne!! I still am in awe of those great pix they took with you. You caught Bono in a very relaxed mood that day, for sure. You look great in those, too. very happy!

AMELINE, great photos! Sometimes good things come to those who wait and wait and wait!! How did it feel to be next to Bono-We Plebans would like a seriously descriptive description!!

Wow, i almost never visit pleba, but followed a link here that someone posted in another part of the board... congrats you guys on meeting them and on the great photos! (WT, i'd have expected you to use that one of you and Bono with the peace signs as your avatar!) ?

bonocomet said:

yes he's clearly insane :tsk:

nuts.gif

Back
Top Bottom