Just back from Dublin....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popbcn

The Fly
...and YES, they are there !!!!

Just wanted to let you know the band has been the whole week working at HQ with Eno and Lanois (he wasn't there on Friday).

Got some meetings and signatures and a new picture with Bono :|

I'll post them later this week as I'm still unpacking and extremelly tired.

A fan asked the band in front of me about the recording process and Bono said they won't be in the studio next week (that's what the fan asked and he said a clear NO) and Adam said no more recordings till next year so, this probably was just one week as they did on September.

As they ended on Friday, the studio staff was like packing a lot of things and leaving them prepared in the parking area of the studio. I left but it looked like they were taking a lot of stuff out of HQ.

Regards

popbcn

Thanks for sharing, great story, and congrats on meeting them! I would love to see your pictures.

Interesting news about the recordings. Sounds like they are really moving to another studio as was said some time ago.

and this studio where is supposed to be? In dublin?
Maybe we'll get a clear answer next week, i mean if they are not there anymore it's over until 2008

I don't know. Someone on this board was told by a crew member that they won't record in HQ, that's all I've heard.

But who knows. Maybe Adam just didn't want to give the fans any information, maybe they want to be left alone. Or maybe the album is already finished.

The album is absolutely not finished... This is what band and technicians said.
And I think that if Adam said 'no recordings' till next year it's really like this...He usually say the the things how they really are. If Bono or Edge would say that...Well...Then I could have some doubts;) But it's info from Adam...

Yes, I wasn't really serious about that, I'm sure it is far from being finished. I'm sure they have lots of material and just because they don't go to the studio doesn't mean they're not working on it.

Here you have the pics and exclusive info on HQ

Please check the pics:

u2eastlink.com/foro/read.php?1,1000361205,1000361590#msg-1000361590

A friend of mine sent me an SMS some minutes ago confirming what I saw on Friday. The are taking all the stuff out of HQ in a huge truck. It looks like HQ is over....... he'll be in Dublin till Friday, so if I got more info I'd let you all know.

Regards

Re: Here you have the pics and exclusive info on HQ

popbcn said:
Please check the pics:

A friend of mine sent me an SMS some minutes ago confirming what I saw on Friday. The are taking all the stuff out of HQ in a huge truck. It looks like HQ is over....... he'll be in Dublin till Friday, so if I got more info I'd let you all know.

Regards

Thank you for letting us know about the situation, popbcn.

:( I can't go to Hanover Quay now...ever!
I was so close too with a school trip to Dublin in the spring and all!
Ah well, there be other places to visit for sure but none as exciting as this. :sad:

Last edited:
Re: Here you have the pics and exclusive info on HQ

popbcn said:
Please check the pics:

Regards

Lucky bastard :D

Vox

HQ is over ????

Mirjam said:

So it seems...

My friend is there till Friday so I hope I'll be able to provide more info about it.

Another possibility is that they are taking the stuff to a different place but being on a big truck it wouldn't make sense.

Someone said some weeks ago Sam had mentioned something about a studio on the other side of the Liffey. Maybe they have been "forced" to empty HQ by the end of November and it's time for this studio to disappear forever.....

Thanks popbcn For sharing your time in Dublin and the photos too :D Adam andBono are looking very well :D

Did Edge and Larry sign for you too?

Maybe they're taking all the equipment to someplace else to record and get some inspiration for the new CD. Kind of like going to Slane Castle or Hansa Studios...so maybe they'll be back at HQ in a couple of months. They're probaly taking a good amount of time off for Christmas and New Year's too, so they could just be having HQ disinfected or painted or something...lol and they needed to remove all the gear.

Thanks for your story, though popbcn. Great photos!!

I wouldn't totally give up on HQ just yet and it's not going anywhere, not for a while. The band has rehearsed and recorded in many places other than HQ, so they could be loading up to finish elsewhere and be back to HQ, who knows.

I was there in mid October but didn't have the time to hang out outside HQ but the guys WERE recording during the 2-1/2 days I was in Dublin. I heard U2 music all over the city, it was great just to be there. I miss it. :(

Good for you meeting them...I was lucky enough to catch them for the week in September at the studio, and met with Bono twice..he is a total gentleman with time for his fans, photos and a quick chat...What a lucky girl I am. coming back to Australia with a huge smile on my face...mission accomplished..very surreal. never thought it would happen, amazing what you can do if you put your mind to it.

Carek1230 said:
I wouldn't totally give up on HQ just yet and it's not going anywhere, not for a while. The band has rehearsed and recorded in many places other than HQ, so they could be loading up to finish elsewhere and be back to HQ, who knows.

I was there in mid October but didn't have the time to hang out outside HQ but the guys WERE recording during the 2-1/2 days I was in Dublin. I heard U2 music all over the city, it was great just to be there. I miss it. :(

Me too Carek! It's an incredible place!
I want to go back so bad!!! :drool:

Confirmed: HQ is NOT over

Just wanted to let you know that my friend visited HQ again this afternoon and he had the chance to meet........

........ LARRY !!!!!

It seems they were just three fans. My friend is a big Larry fan and had a present for him so as Larry was leaving on his car he showed him the present and Larry stopped. It was just the time for a picture with each one of them, a quick autograph and a big thank you for the present. That's all....which is not bad!

It seems he was there for a short interview.

So about HQ, they already took all the stuff out of there and put it on a big truck and 2 vans, but Sam O'Sullivan confirmed the studio will be there until the U2 building is finished and they won't be back to the studio till next year.

About some previous posts:

- when I met Bono and Adam I had the chance to see Larry and Edge but they left without stopping

- I'll try to upload bigger versions of my 2 pics as soon as I have some spare time.

Regards

Popbcn

Great to hear of new meetings but I cant see your pics!:sad:
I am in Dublin from Sunday so bad timimg for us again!!lol!

Anyway will take a look and see if we can get any more info!

Thnaks for the heads up about HQ.

Re: Confirmed: HQ is NOT over

popbcn said:

So about HQ, they already took all the stuff out of there and put it on a big truck and 2 vans, but Sam O'Sullivan confirmed the studio will be there until the U2 building is finished and they won't be back to the studio till next year.

So I guess this will be for quite a while, because the new studio won't be finished within the next few years I guess. Good to hear they'll still be recording in HQ, the studio is very dear to them. I wonder what the boys will be doing in the meantime when they're not recording, wonder if we hear/see something from them, but I guess there's simply family time around Christmas. The only thing I can think of is that there will be interviews about the JT release, but not much more.

Back
Top Bottom