If youve met them...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2_Refugee

The Fly
Hi.
i'm of those hardcore cant get enough of U2 fans.. and one of those 16 yr olds who think they can take on the world.
and ive never met them i read all the books and stuff but ive been wondering what are they really like?.. i know kind intelligent and funny..
but Edge is my favorite i completely adore him

so if you have any cool stories you want to share post them!

thanks
~~Adrienne~~

They are all wonderful and Bono is very funny. See the band meetings and sightings forum for all of everyones interesting stories :wink:

I only met Bono- but he was so nice. 1st time I met him, we were in a pub. He was really great, and said to me "It's nice to meet you" And I said nothing else than "It's nice to meet U2" :huh: (LOL- I realized it too late... I really didn't want to say it ;))
The 2nd time I met him was on his birthday this year. He stopped his car and turned down the window to talk to us. Somehow he held my hand the whole time and I just can't remember how this happened :lol: As BGD75 said- he is very down to earth (and yes- super sweet ;))

I've met Bono, Edge and Adam and they were all really warm, kind and funny. I complemented Edge and Adam on the Vertigo shows and they were both so humble and genuinely grateful for the praise. Being around Bono feels a little like spending time with a favorite uncle, he just makes everyone feel so comfortable and important.

ditto....absolutely, and Larry is the surprise package....don't frighten him and he's all yours....but Bono, that eye contact, the soft spoken voice...the genuine interest...*thud*

I met Bono, and when you talk to him, you kinda feel like you've known him for ages. He talks to you like a good friend. He was in a rush when I met him, but he took the time to get a picture with me which was very sweet. I hope you get the chance to meet him or The Edge too! :up:

Hehe about the feeling that you 'can take on the world', here's one 18-year-old too who feels the same :wink: And, to add to that, still has to meet U2 as well... Keep on hoping, I'm sure you will meet the band someday. Wishes can come true you know :yes:

I met Edge when I was in Hawaii in December. It was breif, but he was very nice and really cool. He could tell I was nervous as hell and he seemed to be totally cool with that. :giggle:

omg youre so lucky! i was in hawaii too hoping praying i would i mean small island what r the chances'? well very slim i guess i didnt meet him but maybe soon..we ll seee

Carmelu2fan said:
I met Edge when I was in Hawaii in December. It was breif, but he was very nice and really cool. He could tell I was nervous as hell and he seemed to be totally cool with that. :giggle:

I was there too. Where did see him? At the Kahala?

They did soundcheck the night before so they faked a bunch of people out with that one. :(

I want to meet them so bad, but I don't want to go anywhere near where they live. That's too invasive.

I've met them all - they are SO super sweet, Larry is so funny!
Edge is totally adorable, he let me hug & kiss him and he blushed :cute:
They're totally to die for. :drool:

I didn't really want to start a thread for this, but as it's kinda relevant to experiences of meeting them i just thought i'd add to this one by saying that around this time 15 year ago today i was on my way to U2's hotel trying to meet them for a 2nd time!!!! :drool:

It was the most amazing night of my life (So far!) :love: :happy: :combust:

So i've been thinking about it all day, those fantastic and drool-worthy moments with Bono in particular!!!! Ah the memories&he sure didn't disappoint me, soooo very attentive :sexywink:

susanp6 said:
I didn't really want to start a thread for this, but as it's kinda relevant to experiences of meeting them i just thought i'd add to this one by saying that around this time 15 year ago today i was on my way to U2's hotel trying to meet them for a 2nd time!!!! :drool:

It was the most amazing night of my life (So far!) :love: :happy: :combust:

So i've been thinking about it all day, those fantastic and drool-worthy moments with Bono in particular!!!! Ah the memories&he sure didn't disappoint me, soooo very attentive :sexywink:

Spill it!!!:ohmy:

Nice to read about your experiences :)
It's really greta thing to meet U2.
Well, actually Im not good at writting about my own U2-experiences. Im usually quite privat person and those meetings I treated also quite privat. -It's just the way I am.
But - in brief: I met Bono 5 times ( last time on his birthday this year:) )- He was always nice and charming:) I remember that first time when we met he kissed my hand.:) Gentleman:)And when I asked him for a photo, je just told me to sit on his lap and we took a pic like that.
I met Edge twice.-Very nice, natural guy.
Larry I met once. He was fuuny:))) Great guy:)
And Adam...:) Such a great person! So nice and charming:) He gave me kiss on my cheek :) We had always a great talk and we joked a lot .I met him 4 times and he was always so nice.

Mirjam said:
Nice to read about your experiences :)
It's really greta thing to meet U2.
Well, actually Im not good at writting about my own U2-experiences. Im usually quite privat person and those meetings I treated also quite privat. -It's just the way I am.
But - in brief: I met Bono 5 times ( last time on his birthday this year:) )- He was always nice and charming:) I remember that first time when we met he kissed my hand.:) Gentleman:)And when I asked him for a photo, je just told me to sit on his lap and we took a pic like that.
I met Edge twice.-Very nice, natural guy.
Larry I met once. He was fuuny:))) Great guy:)
And Adam...:) Such a great person! So nice and charming:) He gave me kiss on my cheek :) We had always a great talk and we joked a lot .I met him 4 times and he was always so nice.

SIT ON HIS LAP!!! WOW I would have passed out!

OMG!
how did you meet them that many times?
:ohmy:
you must have the luck of the irish

Bono is just a super guy, sweet, funny, awkward:lol:

Edge just oozes coolness

Adam is very quiet and polite, he's super cool.

never met Larry.

Back
Top Bottom