I met the Edge again - Split From Original Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
***MODERATOR NOTE***

These posts were split from this original thread as a courtesy to the thread starter:

http://forum.interference.com/t175854.html

This new thread will remain locked but not deleted, as I think it could possibly do some good for people to read my reply towards the end of this thread.

DO NOT DISCUSS THIS IN THE OTHER THREAD!!

-Bonochick

==============================================

:corn:

Mirjam :hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamila said:

:huh: are you expecting some sort of blow out in this thread because people are asking to see a picture? I think everyone wants to see the picture to see Edge, not to see proof of the encounter. I don't think there's any harm by asking to see the picture of him nor do I think there's anything wrong by asking what the conversation was about.

Jamila said:

Exactly the way that we should address someone's report of their good luck on meeting someone that we would all like to meet.

Being happy for someone else only increases your chance down the road of achieving your own happiness.

Unfortunately, the opposite is also true. :ohmy:

Thank you, Bono's Tart.:wink:

I don't see any congrats to the original poster from you on the previous page. Did you forget something? The holier than thou attitude you have just kills me.

You weren't very happy for me when I met Bono on May 7, 2005 and you didn't meet him. You had a signed copy of a book to give him....You were down right rude to me that day. Let's see, I was trying to be nice to you that day, and I met the band. You were rude to me and everyone I was with. You didn't meet the band and had to leave with Bono's book to try another day. So I guess in a sense you do practice what you're trying to preach here.

Congrats, Mirjam ;) That's awesome.

Jamila said:

Exactly the way that we should address someone's report of their good luck on meeting someone that we would all like to meet.

Being happy for someone else only increases your chance down the road of achieving your own happiness.

Unfortunately, the opposite is also true. :ohmy:

Thank you, Bono's Tart.:wink:
Now what? Seriously. Where's the problem? Why do you often feel the need to come in and lecture against something that's not even happening? And why do you feel the need to interject yourself into an otherwise amiable conversation and praise everyone for 'playing nice' as if you're leading a group of children who would otherwise be incapable of it? It's highly insulting :|

Using this person's happy moment as an opportunity to get on your high horse and preach and condescend is just as bad as...... well, whatever it is that you think people are doing wrong here :eyebrow:

What I would like to know is where did anyone say they weren't happy about her meeting Edge again?

We are all very happy when our fellow fans get to meet anyone of the band. We even encourage each other and try and help out with updated information on where they can be seen etc.

I myself am really happy for everyone, since I know the feeling. It is something I would want every fan to experience. :wink:

JCOSTER said:
What I would like to know is where did anyone say they weren't happy about her meeting Edge again?

We are all very happy when our fellow fans get to meet anyone of the band. We even encourage each other and try and help out with updated information on where they can be seen etc.

I myself am really happy for everyone, since I know the feeling. It is something I would want every fan to experience. :wink:

Want it really badly for me JC:wink: Congrats Mir!! That is so amazing for you! Do you live in/near Dublin? And yes, I haven't seen any evidence of anyone being unhappy about anyone meeting one of the boys.:eyebrow: Please can you not try and treat us like you're better than we are? It gets pretty damn annoying. (last part obviously not directed towards you Mir!:hug:)

Last edited:
mirjam :hug:

If that's not wishing her well, what is?

I simply congratulated Bono's Tart for being so nice to mirjam and gave mirjam a hug.

What's wrong with that? :shrug:

I think it's time to move on, my friends. We were asked to drop our negative comments by the mod.

I'm outta here. :wink:

Jamila said:
mirjam :hug:

If that's not wishing her well, what is?

I simply congratulated Bono's Tart for being so nice to mirjam and gave mirjam a hug.

What's wrong with that? :shrug:

I think it's time to move on, my friends. We were asked to drop our negative comments by the mod.

I'm outta here. :wink:

:der: why is it your job to congratulate Bono's Tart, or anyone else for that matter, when a comment is made that you feel is positive? What purpose does it serve?

Do you not see that most of the threads you participate in eventually get locked? Maybe that's due to your "positive" outlook on life.

Oh I know, I know...now I'm not being ONE with Bono, right? Too bad. Edge is more my speed anyways. He's strong and silent and only speaks when he has to.

:wink: :angel: :edge: :rolleyes:

arw9797 said:

:der: why is it your job to congratulate Bono's Tart, or anyone else for that matter, when a comment is made that you feel is positive? What purpose does it serve?

Do you not see that most of the threads you participate in eventually get locked? Maybe that's due to your "positive" outlook on life.

Oh I know, I know...now I'm not being ONE with Bono, right? Too bad. Edge is more my speed anyways. He's strong and silent and only speaks when he has to.

:wink: :angel: :edge: :rolleyes:

:bow:

acrobat_baby said:

Of course she is, after she stirs up the shit! (Your condescending comments are so damn annoying, Jamila!)

Well, guess what...people being so mean is pretty annoying too. Maybe it's not very politically correct or "mod-like" of me to say, but it's true.

This isn't just for acrobat_baby either, it's for everybody else who is involved with such postings.

I am so mad reading this thread, seriously. I don't understand why some of you feel the need to pick fights and be mean. Not to mention that I had already replied earlier and asked for people to please not start a fight. Now a nice thread about Mirjam meeting Edge is being RUINED.

I can't remember the last time I've been this angry by ongoings in PLEBA, PLEBAns are usually the sweethearts of the board. Instead, some of you are acting like bullies. Don't blame Jamila for getting threads locked, look at yourselves too.

It's no secret that many of you do not like Jamila's postings. I don't feel that I am offending Jamila by saying this (and I of course don't mean to) because I think she is quite aware after how many times people have been mean to her. There is an IGNORE function though, people. Not to mention that you can just choose to ignore somebody.

Instead, people continually choose to spout off at her, regardless of how many times the moderators step in.

THIS WILL NOT CONTINUE.

It won't continue in this thread, and it won't continue, period.

Do not contact me about this.

Do not continue to discuss it in this thread.

I do not want to close this thread because I think that would be highly unfair to Mirjam, unless Mirjam would like for this thread to be closed.

Last edited:
I for one am PROFOUNDLY SORRY to Mirjam!! :hug::sad:

I certainly didn't want the thread to go this route. I hope that you keep this open. And also continue to tell us any other encounters that you may have again. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom