I met bono last night!!!nyc see

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonovoxx

The Fly
nyc food bank can do awards 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well last night I attended the nyc foodbank award dinner.
They honored Bon Jovi (moron) ..... Anyway like every year I ask Mario Batali
if Bono will be attending, the past three years Mario has been pretty honest about Bono not showing up. Last night he told me he was going to be there but late.Sure enough the two surprise guests were Bill clinton & the B man.
They showed up at 11:30 and left at 12AM in that half hour it was really hard getting near them (secret service everywhere) I managed to get one on one with Bono on his way out the front door. Perfect scenario no one around spent 5 min with him I said I waited 15 years for this photo op he said"Your waiting 15 years here for me to show up?" we laughed he was as usual the coolest he could be with me. I told him I loved the new album (He said "You like the album do ya?")and I was able to thank him for all that he has given us over the years.
He said he couldn't wait for the tour to start excited about playing the new songs live (I guess we can expect more than the 4 they've played already)
We shook hands got a half a hug and he was on his way.
What an awesome night !!! I've met him 11 other times but this was the best
cause no one was around !!!!!!!!!!! I'm a fan for 24years I first met him in 87
when I was 15 yrs old in NYC @ Berkshire Omni Hotel trying to get a one on one photo op since so actually it's been more than 15 years Ha Ha more like 22 total. The wait was worth it!!!

Bono photos !!! 4/21/09

ry%3D400
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
ry%3D400
[
ry%3D400

Back
Top Bottom